IGNORED

Glenn Hoddle

Super

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Agreed mate,I blame you for starting it tbh ?,we all agree he was a great footballer but turned into a nutter and let’s leave it at that

Fair enough mate, For the record i dont agree with his views. One of the best footballers this country has produced and wish him well.

Genius of a footballer & a decent man.

What is it with you people that you have to dredge up negativity from the past when someone is seriously ill?

He is someone's son, husband, brother, colleague & friend & yet, the bile merchants have to stir the pot.

What he said years ago was certainly ill-advised but, he's entitled to his views as same as the next man.

Shame on you.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I personally wish the guy well. The man was a genius footballer and a top coach. But in my opinion a fruit loop in some of his beliefs,  but they were his and more power to him for voicing them .

His views were no more loopy than most religions, so I never quite got why he was singled out.  People with far crazier views have become President of the USA.

Hope he pulls through.  He’s given so much to football.

13 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

His views were no more loopy than most religions, so I never quite got why he was singled out.  People with far crazier views have become President of the USA.

For the record I think anybody who follows make believe God's are fruit loops, but I take your point.

28 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

And yet who is more crazier with their views,it’s a close call between hoddle or trump and nobody knows but one played football and the other one didn’t so all is well and dandy

Great news - absolutely adored him when I was a kid (not a Spurs fan) - goal against Watford was sublime brilliance.

Never, ever thought England utilised him properly (Greenwood) - he was a magician with the ball & could ping or place it almost anywhere.

Shame he made a mistake with England & was inevitably hounded out.

We could have achieved somethimg under him - top players will tell you that.

Decent man & good to see him back.

Archived