IGNORED

More of that please Johnson.

Ian M

Think we were lucky to nick all 3 points from Hull, and unlucky today not to get at least a point. Two draws would have given us 2 points and we ended up with 3 so all good overall.

We gave them too much respect in the first half but our subs and the emergence of an impressive Liam Walsh was the highlight for me.

And thats why Butland plays for England

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Think we were lucky to nick all 3 points from Hull, and unlucky today not to get at least a point. Two draws would have given us 2 points and we ended up with 3 so all good overall.

We gave them too much respect in the first half but our subs and the emergence of an impressive Liam Walsh was the highlight for me.

And thats why Butland plays for England

Spot on - we gave them far too much respect and then realised we could do much better 

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Hmmm. Whereas I don’t doubt that the second half performance was better, I’m not naive enough to think that it was our own doing. 

Stoke sat back. That makes it a lot easier. So I’m not really sure what to think. 

Quite right Fordy,  Stoke were playing with two banks of 5 at the back!

18 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Spot on - we gave them far too much respect and then realised we could do much better 

In his selection and tactics LJ seems to be far too worried about the opposition. Hence the constant changes looking to counter them rather than imposing our game.

Not that I have a clue what our game is any more as there seems to be no coherent philosophy.

37 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Diedhiou did a lot better as a lone striker I thought. Could've easily had 2 great headers and some simple tap-ins if the defenders hadn't blocked it out.

If that first header had gone in off the bar it would have been up there in the list of top headed goals I’ve seen at the Gate. Was a fantastic effort. Deserved a goal. 

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

One reason - Liam Walsh. 

Best single handed midfield performance, controlling a game, that ive seen for many a year. 

You know what to do LJ. ( and fully expect him to not pick him next week! :grr:). 

He was unbelievably good today.

Looked a real player today very classy against proven midfielders at a higher level

2 minutes ago, fishy said:

So can someone sum it up for me as I couldn't make it today. Was it a loss like away at W.B or a loss like Wigan? Was it just we played well/badly? We're the subs good? Cheers

Wigan first half

West Brom 2nd half

Great 2nd half performance - deserved a point from that. Got to say, though, disappointed with Paterson, Pack and Brownhill. Agree with all the plaudits Walsh is getting. Kallas and Webster look solid - loved the attacking run Webster made going into the box. 

Really poor 1st half though. 

Archived