IGNORED

@ BCTV producer

WayOutWest

That was absolutely appalling camera work. 

I felt nauseous the whole way through. Way do you need to constantly zoom in. It utterly ridiculous. Do you ever watch other games?? 

Why can't you just follow play??

You over complicate something very simple. 

It needs to improve massively as this is a disservice for all of us subscribers. 

Absolutely spot on. Amateurish is an over statement. It's not like there have been decades of televised sport to learn from.

Almost the same as someone in the crowd live streaming on their iPhone. I think next year I will just subscribe to audio unless the standard gets better. 

11 minutes ago, Im_over_ere said:

It's not like there have been decades of televised sport to learn from.

I know. I have been banging this drum but it just falls on deaf ears. 

Questions need to be answered.

Is the stream totally in BCTV's control?

Where do the cameraman come from? Are they provided by the EFL?

Why do we have two cameras one darker and less quality in the same location offering almost the identical shot? Then switch between the two... Pointless!

Just watching Liverpool v Cardiff. The main camera hasnt zoomed once. Kept up with play with a steady hand. It's all were asking for. 

The first couple of home games this season were pretty good. Then back to what we got served up last season. Awful 

Write an official letter of complaint, send it to me, and Ill hand deliver it personally to the cameraman, his boss, Mark Ashton in the his exec box and anyone else that might sound as though they give a flying ****. Even though I sit in the South Stand.

Heard about and saw this happening last season ffs! This is not acceptable for people that pay good money and expect a decent/average level of service.

I've worked in TV for years and in TV sport. The reason for the zooms if you are covering a match with one camera - as I have in the past - is to make it easier to edit the highlights...goal is scored, crash zoom to the scorer, and then to the supporters, and it's easy to show goal, crowd and celebrating scorer in very little time in the edit. If that's the brief that the main cameraman has then that's what you are going to get. Its a completely different brief to showing all the action for 90 minutes for a live viewer at home, when crash zooms look a mess as you describe.

When you have two cameras - or more - an outside broadcast engineer for mainstream TV coverage is setting them all up to ensure that the colour balance is consistent. At a proper OB this is constantly being monitored. And a director is telling each camera how wide they should be so that he or she can cut between them. That requires kit and personnel - which I'm guessing aren't there on the BTCV streams. And as we're used to that quality control it looks a right mess if its missing...

15 hours ago, Red Exile said:

I've worked in TV for years and in TV sport. The reason for the zooms if you are covering a match with one camera - as I have in the past - is to make it easier to edit the highlights...goal is scored, crash zoom to the scorer, and then to the supporters, and it's easy to show goal, crowd and celebrating scorer in very little time in the edit. If that's the brief that the main cameraman has then that's what you are going to get. Its a completely different brief to showing all the action for 90 minutes for a live viewer at home, when crash zooms look a mess as you describe.

When you have two cameras - or more - an outside broadcast engineer for mainstream TV coverage is setting them all up to ensure that the colour balance is consistent. At a proper OB this is constantly being monitored. And a director is telling each camera how wide they should be so that he or she can cut between them. That requires kit and personnel - which I'm guessing aren't there on the BTCV streams. And as we're used to that quality control it looks a right mess if its missing...

Have you seen the highlights/goal? Camera work is terrible.

Your inside insight is much appreciated, but I think this is a clear case of an inexperienced cameraman thats not up to the job Im afraid. Other football league clubs will have the same budget issues, most even less so, and all other highlights seem to be fine.

The only mitigating circumstances I can think of are the distance from the pitch and height maybe?

Archived