IGNORED

Liam Walsh

BCFCGav

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Been saying for weeks he needs to start in a 4-3-3. Now everyone can see why!

Except LJ perhaps. He really seems to be dead set against 4-3-3 and is happy to be outnumbered in midfield in most games.

I could understand it if the wingers were tearing up the opposition but they are not exactly flying.

19 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Been saying for weeks he needs to start in a 4-3-3. Now everyone can see why!

Same as that mate, a player that keeps the ball moving and always makes himself available, learnt his trade at one of the biggest clubs in the country, I’ve been baffled by his lack of game time.

Walsh certainly impressed in the 45 mins he got. He wanted the ball, was lively and his presence stopped Allen dominating as he had in the first half.

He was proactive, always looking to pass offensively. He looked pdg to me.

Dasilva as well made a difference, his attacking threat down the left was causing Stoke all sorts of problems and it begs the question as to why neither of them were in the starting line up.......

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

Just heard LJ asked about Walsh on RB.

'Yeah he played well - in a 3'. There you go. Pretty much saying he can only play in a three and that isn't what I play.

I missed that interview but if Walsh plays well in a three, why did he take Brownhill off?

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Just heard LJ asked about Walsh on RB.

'Yeah he played well - in a 3'. There you go. Pretty much saying he can only play in a three and that isn't what I play.

Annoying.

Damn right it is. He likes to talk about 'my 4-4-2' which gives you a pretty good idea that he is not prepared to change. Not quite the modern, progressive coach then.

A bit like SC and his stubborn refusal to change from 3-5-2 regardless of the evidence of his own eyes.

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Because he was and has been playing poorly?

I dispute that. And when he did take Josh off, we went from having 100% possession near enough to allowing them glimpses at the ball and some runs at us.

The player to have taken off was Patto. Not a bad game, and he had that one good shot, but not the biggest contributor by any  means.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I dispute that. And when he did take Josh off, we went from having 100% possession near enough to allowing them glimpses at the ball and some runs at us.

The player to have taken off was Patto. Not a bad game, and he had that one good shot, but not the biggest contributor by any  means.

A Stoke team with those players are gonna have the ball and some chances when we are going for broke. For me, unlucky today . it happens

Archived