IGNORED

Liam Walsh

BCFCGav

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Walsh certainly impressed in the 45 mins he got. He wanted the ball, was lively and his presence stopped Allen dominating as he had in the first half.

He was proactive, always looking to pass offensively. He looked pdg to me.

Dasilva as well made a difference, his attacking threat down the left was causing Stoke all sorts of problems and it begs the question as to why neither of them were in the starting line up.......

To be fair I hadnt seen Walsh as the solution in that game so happy to be proven that he’s got something to offer the team . Up until now I’ve not been sure what he brings to us .. clearly he can be effective but the formation needs to enable him to do it . 

I’d also not seen 4-3-3 as an alternative so this is quite an exciting opportunity 

34 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Just heard LJ asked about Walsh on RB.

'Yeah he played well - in a 3'. There you go. Pretty much saying he can only play in a three and that isn't what I play.

Annoying.

31 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He said last week Walsh plays in a 3. Maybe we just play a 3 from now on. Think we lost the game because we got outnumbered first half. 

Do you actually think it is sensible to play all 3 of our fit midfielders at once?

The chance of one picking up an injury is increase as all are on the pitch. Then you are left with 2 and no cover out side of academy lads.

9 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Walsh made a massive difference in a three man midfield. We was dominating and forceful. Once Brownhill went off they then started to get the ball out again.

Would really like to see us play three in the middle again.

Also shout out to Da Silva I thought he was fantastic. 

352!!!!

36 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Do you actually think it is sensible to play all 3 of our fit midfielders at once?

The chance of one picking up an injury is increase as all are on the pitch. Then you are left with 2 and no cover out side of academy lads.

If LJ will only play him in a 3, we have to play a 3. It is dangerous playing our only 3 mids (maybe play Pato in the mid 3? COD? Jens?) but it’s goals we’re missing right now, and today Walsh made things happen in attack. 

1 hour ago, Full nelson said:

Watched Kelly closely second half and he always drew in two players and that opened up holes in the middle which stoke needed to plug and by doing so we had Hunt and Eliason in acres of space. 433 is a must going forward! 

Haha!! Was talking about LK to my brother and I typed his name instead of Walsh!! My bad ?

He's getting better game by game.

Walsh should start against Reading and if that means dropping Pack/Brownhill then so be it, it's time for some brave decision making by LJ.

Patterson needs a rest, as does Pack in an ideal world, however I expect to see them both start and be crap against Reading.

Maybe time to see Morrell if only off the bench, it would be nice to evaluate his progress.

4 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

He's getting better game by game.

Walsh should start against Reading and if that means dropping Pack/Brownhill then so be it, it's time for some brave decision making by LJ.

Patterson needs a rest, as does Pack in an ideal world, however I expect to see them both start and be crap against Reading.

Maybe time to see Morrell if only off the bench, it would be nice to evaluate his progress.

agree, seems to rest / rotate defence and strikers, midfield and pato immune from the drop. or even being given a rest ! 

There were three things that really stood out for me:

- The weight on the passes. No breaking of stride needed to the receiver at any point. One that stood out was when he cleared a corner - the ball down the line to Eliasson was a genuine long pass, not a long ball, and it was perfect

- The speed of feet and thought. To me, the difference with Pack in terms of the passing was that right now, Marlon needs to take a split second to see a pass. Walsh, today, saw passes before he got the ball and we were that much quicker because of it.

- The attitude. In two ways - never hiding and always wanting the ball and always sticking foot in. I recall last year it was suggested there may be an issue with LW as he was ordering the established guard around. It looks to me that he now has their respect.

Very, very, very good.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

A Stoke team with those players are gonna have the ball and some chances when we are going for broke. For me, unlucky today . it happens

Oh I totally agree, but we had our best spell when we packed the midfield - and that included Josh.

For once - for the first time in God knows how long,  and I include victories in this - it looked like we had a competitive midfield. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Dasilva as well made a difference, his attacking threat down the left was causing Stoke all sorts of problems and it begs the question as to why neither of them were in the starting line up.......

He seemed to have Ince in his back pocket as well. I was impressed, good little player. 

Like everyone else I have not seen much of him, today he was exceptional.

Our HC is going to have to find a way to play him 433 seems obvious.

442 is not the answer against most teams in this league.

2nd half we utterly dominated them and were hugely unlucky not to win never mind draw.

We don't come across a keeper like Butland every week.......thankfully.

3 minutes ago, swanker said:

He seemed to have Ince in his back pocket as well. I was impressed, good little player. 

Ince was busy, but let's be honest, his main contribution was a series of dives that the ref bought.

Was more impressed with their 38. Woods?

34 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There were three things that really stood out for me:

- The weight on the passes. No breaking of stride needed to the receiver at any point. One that stood out was when he cleared a corner - the ball down the line to Eliasson was a genuine long pass, not a long ball, and it was perfect

- The speed of feet and thought. To me, the difference with Pack in terms of the passing was that right now, Marlon needs to take a split second to see a pass. Walsh, today, saw passes before he got the ball and we were that much quicker because of it.

- The attitude. In two ways - never hiding and always wanting the ball and always sticking foot in. I recall last year it was suggested there may be an issue with LW as he was ordering the established guard around. It looks to me that he now has their respect. 

Very, very, very good.

The difference in passing compared to Marlon was night and day.  His selection was intelligent rather than obvious and he moved the ball on quickly and accurately.

If he can be consistent then he'd be a starter in a three man midfield and maybe in a two at home.  Mind you if he played like that consistently he'd be in Everton's first XI.

4 hours ago, chinapig said:

Except LJ perhaps. He really seems to be dead set against 4-3-3 and is happy to be outnumbered in midfield in most games.

I could understand it if the wingers were tearing up the opposition but they are not exactly flying.

When you’ve recruited all summer for a 442 it’s a bit difficult to admit you might be better playing a different way. ?

4141 (which can be seen as a 433, depending on whether you see Pack as the DM “1” or not) might be the answer?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Funny you mention the tannoy. I think Mark Kelly is the next Senior Reds speaker........

Yes, the seats are being sold in the Dolman, and Mark is doing it from the commentary box!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Funny you mention the tannoy. I think Mark Kelly is the next Senior Reds speaker........

It is still rubbish - as you know. A few weeks back I posted an email on here to me from Mark Kelly about the PA quality in the Dolman. Perhaps you might ask him what progress is being made at that meeting. 

Tannoy - by the way, is a trade name for just one manufacturer of public address (PA) systems. 

Fair play to their marketing people, who have established their brand name as a generic name, like Hoover for vacuum cleaners. 

4 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

It is still rubbish - as you know. A few weeks back I posted an email on here to me from Mark Kelly about the PA quality in the Dolman. Perhaps you might ask him what progress is being made at that meeting. 

Tannoy - by the way, is a trade name for just one manufacturer of public address (PA) systems. 

Fair play to their marketing people, who have established their brand name as a generic name, like Hoover for vacuum cleaners. 

Cheers Alan....

https://youtu.be/X32tYnr2rOk

Archived