IGNORED

Liam Walsh

BCFCGav

6 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

It is still rubbish - as you know. A few weeks back I posted an email on here to me from Mark Kelly about the PA quality in the Dolman. Perhaps you might ask him what progress is being made at that meeting

We all know that the PA system is crap. Mark Kelly knows it to as do virtually everyone in a senior position at AG but absolutely bugger all has been done to clarity the sound. 

Ive met with Mkelly and the fans liaison bloke and raised the issue with both of them. All I got was platitudes and guess what? the PA system remains inaudible particularly in the Dolman.......

I’ll definitely raise the issue again with MKelly at Senior Reds but I won’t be expecting a constructive reply. I’ll get something like “it’s being dealt with”  and  “we’ve had professional sound people look at it”........yeah......deja vue.....

I have not got much to add to this that has not been said above, but as we left the Gate today, I have a feeling that thousands of fans were saying what me and my City buddies were -  "Why the hell has LJ not been playing him regularly this season ? "

From the start of the 2nd half he took control of the midfield and in addition to his several brilliant skills mentioned above, he is a master of the disguised pass, namely fooling the opposition by feigning to send the ball one way but then passing in another direction and (today) finding a team mate with that pass 90% of the time. 

And (like all good midfielders) he was always in the right place and making the play. 

Someone said he is just 20 ? Is that right ?  If so, this lad is destined for the PL.

I was that impressed. 

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

I missed that interview but if Walsh plays well in a three, why did he take Brownhill off?

LJ in a nutshell. We were absolutely dominating and probably looking better and more secure than for longer than I can remember. The obvious move would seem to have been Paterson off Taylor on, but LJ loves Pato and seems not to need good form to play.

13 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

Someone said he is just 20 ? Is that right ?  If so, this lad is destined for the PL.

I was that impressed. 

21 last month, and I agree. To be fair, he came from a PL club, and their fans were fuming at selling what they described as their best prospect.

Although it was only a few months back that there was a topic on here where several 'ITKs' were saying how he will never be good enough to make it here. An absolute load of nonsense.

I am another happy to eat a degree of humble pie about Walsh, but on the other hand my impression had always been that he needs to play as part of a midfield 3.

The real question is whether or not you have 3 or 4 at the back to accommodate having Walsh in midfield. I also think that if you play Walsh, Diedhiou is not the obvious striker ahead of him. Weimann & Taylor would be better options.

The one thing that almost all of us except LJ can see is that Paterson should not be starting and flatters to deceive. A few nice touches but no real intent. However I expect him to start against Reading and Walsh to be back on the bench!

A breath of fresh air.

Walsh is my one criticism of LJ with how he can't seem to be able to get him on the pitch.

Here is our creative midfielder everyone else is crying out for.

He transformed the match by getting on the front foot and always looking to pass forward. This gave us the platform to play all those short passes and quick intricate interplay we all witnessed first half of last season.

A very intelligent player. Even one of his through balls was very "Marlonesque" in the way he gave them the eyes one way before slipping the ball the other way.

Easily my MOM even for just 45 minutes such was his impact.

He simply has to play.

11 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ince was busy, but let's be honest, his main contribution was a series of dives that the ref bought.

Was more impressed with their 38. Woods?

The ginger haired bloke? Had a fantastic game down here for Brentford last season. Thought Walsh more than matched him when he came on. 

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

When you’ve recruited all summer for a 442 it’s a bit difficult to admit you might be better playing a different way. ?

4141 (which can be seen as a 433, depending on whether you see Pack as the DM “1” or not) might be the answer?

Yes, the seats are being sold in the Dolman, and Mark is doing it from the commentary box!

It's not a rigid 4-4-2 though is it ? 

Yesterday was 4-4-1-1 with Fam at the top and Pato linking at number 10.

LJ perhaps uses 4-4-2 for kick off but if not it's a very fluid system.

6 hours ago, Swede said:

A breath of fresh air.

Walsh is my one criticism of LJ with how he can't seem to be able to get him on the pitch.

Here is our creative midfielder everyone else is crying out for.

He transformed the match by getting on the front foot and always looking to pass forward. This gave us the platform to play all those short passes and quick intricate interplay we all witnessed first half of last season.

A very intelligent player. Even one of his through balls was very "Marlonesque" in the way he gave them the eyes one way before slipping the ball the other way.

Easily my MOM even for just 45 minutes such was his impact.

He simply has to play.

I posted similar after the Plymouth cup game. Walsh totally dominated the ball and his vision and quality on the ball was there for all to see. Why he cannot get a regular place in the team is beyond me. All the talk of the need for a creative midfielder and we have one already

Surely LJ can see what the majority of us can and needs to unleash Walsh on this division - Just need someone to put the ball in the net!

11 hours ago, harrys said:

Time for LJ to be brave, drop the cumbersome  Pack for Walsh

Don’t need to drop pack, play 4-3-3 like we did start of second half. Pack sitting and allowing Walsh and brownhill to push on. 

For me we shouldn’t have took brownhill off for Taylor, we were rinsing them 4-3-3 we changed back to 4-4-2 and allowed them back in the game a bit, although we did still have chances 

47 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

Without going into the rights and wrongs of it... Can anyone explain why LJ thinks Walsh needs to be part of a 3? 

Don’t think he trusts him to do the “ugly” part of the game in a two. When we are under the cosh the tracking and the running. His height and strength as well. In a three he can get away with those parts of his game he isn’t as good at, as have another two in there who can do that. 

LJ is doing the right thing, it's easy to say let wholesale swap to a 4-3-3 and drop X and Y but you have to do it in a way that doesn't break the team spirit.  I think Walsh will be used as a sub for a few more games before he nails down a place.  I think Patto is the most likely candidate to lose out as he's meant to be our creator.

Lee Johnson and co are very good at nurturing players. 

Brownhill, O’Dowda and Eliasson all had ‘slower’ starts to their careers at the club.

Walsh is the same. He is being given time to develop and show his abilities.

Not surprised if he doesn’t become a regular this season, or at least until the final run in/last couple of months.

Fine with me. The majority of players are young and improving. Very good things are going on at the club. Stability and development is better on the long run, rather than expecting it trying to pay for instant success, ie promotion.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

It's not a rigid 4-4-2 though is it ? 

Yesterday was 4-4-1-1 with Fam at the top and Pato linking at number 10.

LJ perhaps uses 4-4-2 for kick off but if not it's a very fluid system.

No, it’s not, you’re right.  But he has also gone 352 on occasions yet recruited wingers!

Telling how the wily old Adam barged into Walsh when walking past him in a break in play - presumably in an attempt to wind him up and put him off his game.

Thankfully it didn't work but shows just how much Walsh impacted the game, how much Stoke felt he was individually responsible for sparking the superb 2nd half City performance, and also that Walsh, even at his young age, has the maturity to ignore such shenanigans and concentrate on his game.

Hard to remember a more impressive 45 minutes from a young City player - hopefully LJ agrees and belatedly gives him an extended run in the side.

4 hours ago, swanker said:

The ginger haired bloke? Had a fantastic game down here for Brentford last season. Thought Walsh more than matched him when he came on. 

100%

He ran the show in the first half. Our packed midfield with Walsh cut him out of the game in the second.

2 hours ago, ZiderMeUp said:

Don’t think he trusts him to do the “ugly” part of the game in a two. When we are under the cosh the tracking and the running. His height and strength as well. In a three he can get away with those parts of his game he isn’t as good at, as have another two in there who can do that. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

And Dasilva.....between them they raised the tempo/movement from stagnant to dynamic at a stroke.

Was very impressed with them both.

I love Kelly and think he will be a top player, but he is not as good at getting forward or playing the ball forward as Dasilva and we look so much more threatening 2nd half. Can see LJ correct about Kelly being a centre back after all.

Archived