IGNORED

Liam Walsh

BCFCGav

Walsh was a revelation and although he only played for 45 minutes was my Man of the Match - assuming that one picks someone from one’s own team.... most independent observers would give MoM to Butland with Walsh the best outfield player.

i appreciate that an excellent half doesn’t mean Walsh will be consistently as good, but hey, he’s very young and has a fine future in  the game. 

Hopefully he will start against Reading 

5 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

LJ is doing the right thing, it's easy to say let wholesale swap to a 4-3-3 and drop X and Y but you have to do it in a way that doesn't break the team spirit.  I think Walsh will be used as a sub for a few more games before he nails down a place.  I think Patto is the most likely candidate to lose out as he's meant to be our creator.

What does he create?

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

When you’ve recruited all summer for a 442 it’s a bit difficult to admit you might be better playing a different way. ?

But to be fair he didn’t know Korey was going to get crocked so quickly and for so long. We got to play the best with what we have, change the formation if need be as we can’t change the players. We have what we have, until January

Everyone is rightly praising him., justifiably as well.  

I listened to the Brentford match a few weeks back on radio Brizzle and Gary Owers (who I rate as a comments man  as he has been there and done that) stated that it seems strange that as a club we pay over a Million for a player ,sit him on the bench and not play him, when he is such a highly rated talent.  ( HHhhmmmm. Really not the first time !)

I think their will be a hue and cry and a wailing and gnashing of teeth if he is not selected next week, but............  I reckon he will be on the bench !  Lets wait and see.  Interesting week lies ahead ?

Strange 

Several people having been saying Walsh should be in for a while now. Me personally the last time I saw him was last season when he hardly covered himself with glory. 

However his little cameo at Brentford was neat and for 45 minutes he was easily the best of our players. 

I read on here that LJ won’t play the guy that on yesterday’s evidence is our current best player because of a formation. 

Technical ability (pass shoot trap head) is the first issue.  

MP has had a problem with that for a while as has Paterson but if the forum is to be believed they play as LJ is devoted to a formation (whatever that is) that suits out of form players?

13 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Strange 

Several people having been saying Walsh should be in for a while now. Me personally the last time I saw him was last season when he hardly covered himself with glory. 

However his little cameo at Brentford was neat and for 45 minutes he was easily the best of our players. 

I read on here that LJ won’t play the guy that on yesterday’s evidence is our current best player because of a formation. 

Technical ability (pass shoot trap head) is the first issue.  

MP has had a problem with that for a while as has Paterson but if the forum is to be believed they play as LJ is devoted to a formation (whatever that is) that suits out of form players?

Play him in a 3 is the answer IMO.

Brings more out of him, Pack- and the team as a whole.

Archived