IGNORED

Jack Butland

Red Army 75

12 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Inspired goal keeping But what about the 6 second rule ? I’ve not seen a keeper hold onto the ball for that long for a very long time ... 

The referee let him get away with it tbh. 

Can't blame when when there's such a weak referee in the middle

22 minutes ago, Redbo said:

What did you find? If it is still valid I’m not sure why the ref didn’t do anything about it. 

I’ve just spent some more time looking and  I found it on a goal keeping website however can’t see it on the FA website . 

Maybe im wrong and happy to be proven otherwise - just felt he was massively taking the p1ss and the ref was pandering to him and allowing him to get away with it 

2 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

I’ve just spent some more time looking and  I found it on a goal keeping website however can’t see it on the FA website . 

Maybe im wrong and happy to be proven otherwise - just felt he was massively taking the p1ss and the ref was pandering to him and allowing him to get away with it 

Yeah, I couldn’t find anything on the FA website. Frustrating to watch as an opposition fan. 

1 hour ago, Redbo said:

Yeah, I couldn’t find anything on the FA website. Frustrating to watch as an opposition fan. 

Law 12 under indirect free kicks. 

An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper, inside his own penalty area, commits any of the following four offences:

• controls the ball with his hands for more than six seconds before releasing it from his possession

The ref should have given a free kick the first time he did it.

5 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Law 12 under indirect free kicks. 

The ref should have given a free kick the first time he did it.

On that subject, there was once in the second half where he took a short goal kick and their player took it before it went out of the box. Ref ordered a retake - I don’t know the rule but my instinct is that should have resulted in an indirect free kick to us as they’d infringed. Any ideas anyone?

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

On that subject, there was once in the second half where he took a short goal kick and their player took it before it went out of the box. Ref ordered a retake - I don’t know the rule but my instinct is that should have resulted in an indirect free kick to us as they’d infringed. Any ideas anyone?

I’m fairly certain that your allowed to be in the box when the goal kick is taken but your not allowed to touch it until it’s outside the area.

16 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I am pretty sure the ref was right on that occasion - stupid rule if I am right, should be an indirect free kick.

2 hours ago, Brann-red said:

Inspired goal keeping But what about the 6 second rule ? I’ve not seen a keeper hold onto the ball for that long for a very long time ... 

Good goalkeeping if your side is hanging on. If the situation was been reversed, and O’Leary had done the same, everyone on the forum would say well done 

Archived