IGNORED

Jack Butland

Red Army 75

24 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

On that subject, there was once in the second half where he took a short goal kick and their player took it before it went out of the box. Ref ordered a retake - I don’t know the rule but my instinct is that should have resulted in an indirect free kick to us as they’d infringed. Any ideas anyone?

Pretty sure it's a retake but it does seem wrong - if you're under pressure you can just step into the box and play it to get out of jail.  I think that's why they stand on the lines.

For all those complaining about his sportsmanship.

Stephen Bywater last season with Burton was 10x worse.

If it was Max and we were 1-0 up I dont think anyone would've complained, up to the ref to sort it out today. If we'd played that well for 90 minutes it may of been a different story.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Good goalkeeper.

Terrible sportsman.

Can’t blame Butland - he is no doubt being told that when in front to slow the game down at every opportunity. 

The officials are to blame; they Just don’t deal with time wasting until the last 5 mins, usually injury time and by then it’s far too late. Players know this so push the boundaries.

Pay me thousands of pounds each week and I’d gladly follow the same instruction knowing that I’ll get a yellow and small fine at worst.

3 hours ago, WestonRobin said:

Can’t blame Butland - he is no doubt being told that when in front to slow the game down at every opportunity. 

The officials are to blame; they Just don’t deal with time wasting until the last 5 mins, usually injury time and by then it’s far too late. Players know this so push the boundaries.

Pay me thousands of pounds each week and I’d gladly follow the same instruction knowing that I’ll get a yellow and small fine at worst.

Then only 4 minutes of injury time after it all. Ref was weak and catered to their names rather than be strong and officiate. Didn’t cost us the game and think generally did ok but to allow the time wasting he did second half and only add a minute on top of the subs was farcicle. Also telling the keeper to get on with it when it is in his hands! You can blow you whistle son. Idk the rules now but seem Mingolet called on it a couple seasons ago. Resulted in an indirect free kick inside the box. 

Seems to still be a Law, covered in Law 12. However, reading refs' forums it does seem open to interpretation. Give a GK a verbal warning, count loudly to 6, warn the captain you'll penalise next time. Some refs like to be back in a good position to oversee the whole of the pitch before they start counting or count slowly as they resume that position......and so on. Believe FIFA are on a mission re time wasting, no don't laugh. It's about the game itself & issues such as this not about how long members take to fill out their expense claims. 

15 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Ref had starry eyes for the mighty Stoke City (once of the Prem)

This REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY winds me up.

I'm not really a ref-basher, it's the last thing I want to talk about after a game as I believe in swings and roundabouts and accept the reality that the odd referee will have a bad game, but there is never any specific agenda or maliciousness, and over time the natural variety of officiating will produce parity and fairness.

HOWEVER, what you say is spot on and I have seen a consistent trend for referees at this level to disproportionately indulge newly relegated Premiership teams - cannot wait to protect them and give fouls to them whenever they tumble, whilst loving being able to wave away or simply pretend not to see fouls they make. 

So whereas I'm really not bothered that the odd referee has a stinker, it's not calculated and over time has no real impact, it infuriates me that there seems to be a specific and consistent psyche among league officials - I call it Parachute Refereeing - that makes them want to be loved by and in league with Prem players.

If it was just yesterday I really couldn't care less, but it's every single bloody time we play a team that has just come down. It's like the refs think they'll get to the Premiership quicker if they take up the cause of ex-Prem players, or perhaps they think they're under a different spotlight that is judged on loyalty to the big guys. 

(If I was into conspiracy theories I'd point out that the nature of budgeting for parachute money is such that the Prem - and therefore the upper echelons of football in this country - all benefit financially if teams go straight back up. Not impossible that such priorities filter implicitly through the organisation of the game!)

10 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Then only 4 minutes of injury time after it all. Ref was weak and catered to their names rather than be strong and officiate. Didn’t cost us the game and think generally did ok but to allow the time wasting he did second half and only add a minute on top of the subs was farcicle. Also telling the keeper to get on with it when it is in his hands! You can blow you whistle son. Idk the rules now but seem Mingolet called on it a couple seasons ago. Resulted in an indirect free kick inside the box. 

I agree there should probably have been five but don`t forget we made two subs at half time and they made one in the first half. They normally allow 30 seconds per sub so that`s knocked it back by a minute and a half straight away. There weren`t any injuries in the second half either.

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

This REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY winds me up.

I'm not really a ref-basher, it's the last thing I want to talk about after a game as I believe in swings and roundabouts and accept the reality that the odd referee will have a bad game, but there is never any specific agenda or maliciousness, and over time the natural variety of officiating will produce parity and fairness.

HOWEVER, what you say is spot on and I have seen a consistent trend for referees at this level to disproportionately indulge newly relegated Premiership teams - cannot wait to protect them and give fouls to them whenever they tumble, whilst loving being able to wave away or simply pretend not to see fouls they make. 

So whereas I'm really not bothered that the odd referee has a stinker, it's not calculated and over time has no real impact, it infuriates me that there seems to be a specific and consistent psyche among league officials - I call it Parachute Refereeing - that makes them want to be loved by and in league with Prem players.

If it was just yesterday I really couldn't care less, but it's every single bloody time we play a team that has just come down. It's like the refs think they'll get to the Premiership quicker if they take up the cause of ex-Prem players, or perhaps they think they're under a different spotlight that is judged on loyalty to the big guys. 

(If I was into conspiracy theories I'd point out that the nature of budgeting for parachute money is such that the Prem - and therefore the upper echelons of football in this country - all benefit financially if teams go straight back up. Not impossible that such priorities filter implicitly through the organisation of the game!)

Does it REALLY?  :laugh:

@Olé spot on. ⬆️

Stoke player tackled fairly by Bristol City player, Stoke player claims foul.

Referee: surely the Stoke player wouldn’t have lost the ball to a lowly ole Bristol City player...better give a free-kick.

Bristol City player tackled unfairly by Stoke player, Bristol City player claims foul.

Referee: surely the Stoke player wouldn’t have fouled the lowly ole Bristol City player...better wave play-on.

Awful think to insinuate, but I can’t apply any other logic to some of the decisions I see, not just against us, but other less-big teams!

15 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Ref had starry eyes for the mighty Stoke City (once of the Prem)

It tells you something about the Referee when the opposition sub a sub for fear of him getting sent off. 

I am of course talking about Charlie Adam who was cautioned on his third bad challenge. In fact within seconds of coming on he committed a caution able offence with his first late challenge. If the Referee had done his job properly he would have been sent off yesterday.

Rowett was aware of that and took him off before it happened.

15 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I agree there should probably have been five but don`t forget we made two subs at half time and they made one in the first half. They normally allow 30 seconds per sub so that`s knocked it back by a minute and a half straight away. There weren`t any injuries in the second half either.

Forgotten two had come on at HT. Was counting those good shout. 

5 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

It isn’t a rule anymore so they are not ignoring it. 

In theory the goalkeeper who is winning could hold onto the ball until FT.

Of course it's a rule.

Seriously, that is the longest I have ever seen a goalkeeper hold the ball in open play.

The big screen found the replay, showed the replay switched off and JB still had the ball in his hands. An absolute joke.

10 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

In theory the goalkeeper who is winning could hold onto the ball until FT.

Of course it's a rule.

Seriously, that is the longest I have ever seen a goalkeeper hold the ball in open play.

The big screen found the replay, showed the replay switched off and JB still had the ball in his hands. An absolute joke.

I mean the 6 second rule and giving an indirect free kick, im not saying they are all allowed to time waste. 

Archived