IGNORED

Goin Nowhere Doin Nothing

longyears

God - how do you undeservedly lose - they scored more goals than us which is what football is all about. Yes I am anti LJ because he is a poor manager who has never won ANYTHING and has never got a team promoted and does not seem to know what he is doing most of the time. You wish to keep the faith then you do so - I think he is a poor manager who is not improving - time will tell which of us is right but your view is no more correct than mine as at now !

On 28/10/2018 at 17:10, Major Isewater said:

Who would you have as manager ?

Steve Bruce? Arsène Wenger ? Mick McCarthy ? 

It’s just the usual guff, some people think that appointing a ‘big name’ and throwing money around guarantees success. I’m quite happy, playing at a decent level, fantastic infastructure, and being run in a more sustainable way.

I don't agree sorry. I think I have seen enough this season to feel like we have a decent chance of reaching the play offs if we could just be a little more consistent. 

This league this year is a bloody tough league with many teams that are capable of getting promoted, we are competing and I'm pleased with that. The WBA game and the Stoke game shows what this team is capable of and I think more consistent performances will come as this team matures.

I am optimistic regarding the plan we have in place and despite selling 3 key players I don't think we are any worse off. 

LJ said after the Stoke game that in the second half we played like Bristol City. That is our style and that is our identity, 

I think many forget we are a young team, we don't have many experienced players, we have one player in our team who has experienced promotion to the Premier league and he is not even ours! 

Progression each season is the goal and I think by the end of this season we will have progressed more than last season.

We lost 3 key players but we have seen Kelly and Eliasson establish themselves in the team and become key players themselves. We also have the likes of O'Leary and Walsh pushing for the 1st team.

Webster and Hunt look to be decent signings and improving all the time, Kalos is just fantastic and I'm excited to see more of dasilva now he has broken into the team. On top of that we have injured players to come back, COD looked promising until his injury, Weimann started off well but has gone off the boil and Matty Taylor is looking fit and sharp and is making a impact. 

I am pretty excited to see how this team develops.

19 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

You have posted five times this season, every post anti Johnson, so I expect when we undeservedly lost on Saturday you couldn't wait to get on this site, I mean all those wins must have really frustrated you.

Maybe he has a mind of his own and just says what he thinks, not what he`s supposed to think? its just his views.

I don't think LJ will take us anywhere soon, not 100% his fault though, he`s working under restrictions and a plan imposed on him; still don't think he`s strong enough and makes mistakes and too many poor signings.

100% agree with thread title, others without our "plan" will continue to pass us by.

I was thinking the other day that this is the first season that I feel like we're an established championship side, I know that sounds crazy following last season's first half but there were some fortunate circumstances to some of those results. 

So one step at a time - I think we will break into the playoffs over the next few years and then be pushing for promotion for the next couple - if that doesn't work we will probably take a step back for a couple of seasons and then try again. Our other option is going all out now for 1 season without the infrastructure in place and if it doesn't work then we can look at relegation, massive losses and starting again where we were about 6 years ago - if it does work out then we can look forward to a short period in the Prem probably followed by being right where we are right now. 

15 hours ago, longyears said:

God - how do you undeservedly lose - they scored more goals than us which is what football is all about. Yes I am anti LJ because he is a poor manager who has never won ANYTHING and has never got a team promoted and does not seem to know what he is doing most of the time. You wish to keep the faith then you do so - I think he is a poor manager who is not improving - time will tell which of us is right but your view is no more correct than mine as at now !

He hasn't won a domestic trophy( Johnson cup excepted ) or a promotion but there must be hundreds of young coaches out there who haven't does that make them poor as well ? 

Johnson has, however , won several LMA awards which , in itself, is no mean feat considering where we are in the ' food chain ' .

Cant believe some of the things I read but then in football I guess nothing should surprise. We have a developing young team, under a developing young manager, an owner who other clubs can only wish for and a season where we are showing promise and very much in touch with the top of the table. That after the best cup run I can remember since beating Leeds in the 1970's, all the while playing some great football. Thoroughly enjoyed the way we played 2nd half against Stoke despite the defeat. We are moving in the right direction and everything is being put in place to increase the chance of success. It may not come overnight but confident we are moving very much in the right direction.

2 hours ago, Bri Stool City said:

Maybe he has a mind of his own and just says what he thinks, not what he`s supposed to think? its just his views.

I don't think LJ will take us anywhere soon, not 100% his fault though, he`s working under restrictions and a plan imposed on him; still don't think he`s strong enough and makes mistakes and too many poor signings.

100% agree with thread title, others without our "plan" will continue to pass us by.

All about opinions. I think we are light years ahead of where we were when LJ was appointed. It's a testament to our progress that we are frustrated at missing out on the play-offs rather than being relieved simply to retain a place in the Championship. And I can see us continuing to make progress if we don't throw it all away by doing something stupid 

4 hours ago, megansdad said:

Cant believe some of the things I read but then in football I guess nothing should surprise. We have a developing young team, under a developing young manager, an owner who other clubs can only wish for and a season where we are showing promise and very much in touch with the top of the table. That after the best cup run I can remember since beating Leeds in the 1970's, all the while playing some great football. Thoroughly enjoyed the way we played 2nd half against Stoke despite the defeat. We are moving in the right direction and everything is being put in place to increase the chance of success. It may not come overnight but confident we are moving very much in the right direction.

Were we not about here about 2 seasons ago and about to commence a record breaking winless streak? and after the absolute rubbish xmas transfer window this very year we dropped from a promo position to mid table; a golden opportunity missed by poor management. This was followed by the exit of our 3 best players and others, Duric, Engvall, Mags brought in for millions.

The best player arguably we have is a loanee from Chelsea ......just like Tammy was a while back. Where exactly is our young developing striker and midfield general by the way.

Cant see we are building much either, sorry, when we do get lucky and find a few decent players, we cash in as soon as we can, which knocks the building down. :dunno: 

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 04:54, Up The City! said:

I don't agree sorry. I think I have seen enough this season to feel like we have a decent chance of reaching the play offs if we could just be a little more consistent. 

This league this year is a bloody tough league with many teams that are capable of getting promoted, we are competing and I'm pleased with that. The WBA game and the Stoke game shows what this team is capable of and I think more consistent performances will come as this team matures.

I am optimistic regarding the plan we have in place and despite selling 3 key players I don't think we are any worse off. 

LJ said after the Stoke game that in the second half we played like Bristol City. That is our style and that is our identity, 

I think many forget we are a young team, we don't have many experienced players, we have one player in our team who has experienced promotion to the Premier league and he is not even ours! 

Progression each season is the goal and I think by the end of this season we will have progressed more than last season.

We lost 3 key players but we have seen Kelly and Eliasson establish themselves in the team and become key players themselves. We also have the likes of O'Leary and Walsh pushing for the 1st team.

Webster and Hunt look to be decent signings and improving all the time, Kalos is just fantastic and I'm excited to see more of dasilva now he has broken into the team. On top of that we have injured players to come back, COD looked promising until his injury, Weimann started off well but has gone off the boil and Matty Taylor is looking fit and sharp and is making a impact. 

Preston 2pts only from relegation have had 9pts from there last 5games, we have made 7pts; Point being its best to not get too carried away just yet as there is very little between everyone.

Most teams have a decent chance of making the play offs, but likewise fighting at the other end if we or others hit a non winning run......we have form in that by the way.

20 hours ago, Bri Stool City said:

Were we not about here about 2 seasons ago and about to commence a record breaking winless streak? and after the absolute rubbish xmas transfer window this very year we dropped from a promo position to mid table; a golden opportunity missed by poor management. This was followed by the exit of our 3 best players and others, Duric, Engvall, Mags brought in for millions.

The best player arguably we have is a loanee from Chelsea ......just like Tammy was a while back. Where exactly is our young developing striker and midfield general by the way.

Cant see we are building much either, sorry, when we do get lucky and find a few decent players, we cash in as soon as we can, which knocks the building down. :dunno: 

You really are very funny .

On 30/10/2018 at 04:54, Up The City! said:

We are capable of playing like the second half Bristol City.

Unfortunately, we appear to be equally as capable of playing like the first half Bristol City.

More of the second half team and less of the first half team will do just fine.

On 30/10/2018 at 04:54, Up The City! said:

LJ said after the Stoke game that in the second half we played like Bristol City. That is our style and that is our identity

We didn't score in that half either, meaning we lost. Great stuff.

Also, O'Dowda has scored one goal in 70 games, and Taylor has a ratio of one in 10. Weimann looks to have been a flash in the pan, and Diedhou - who is undoubtedly a good finisher - is off form. None of that fills me with much confidence, frankly.

Archived