IGNORED

Helicopter Crash - Leicester Owner

Maesknoll Red

I know they say aeroplanes are the safest form of travel but I wonder what the stats are for helicopters. Things like this do seem to happen somewhere in the world quite regularly and there can’t be loads of them about. 

Sad news though regardless and seems quite a few poor souls will of died.

As others have said an awfully sad tradegy, was watching Premier League Tonight on BT and they showed the helicopter taking off.

Foreign owners do generally get bad press, but the Leicester owners have really brought into the football club, and have supported a number of local charities. 

Unfortunately, it looks like a number of casualties, and fear the worse.

An absolute tragedy. Helicopters don’t land in the middle of the pitch if they aren’t transporting important people connected with the club. The fact that nobody has said he wasn’t on the flight says everything, and the photos of him boarding can sadly mean there is only one outcome.

I remember the Matthew Harding crash, but that was bad weather wasn’t it? Is it a usual thing for this helicopter to land on the pitch. I’ve not been to the new Leicester ground so can’t picture it’s surroundings. Not an easy manoeuvre exiting out I wouldn’t think? Thoughts are with all those involved and their families. 

40 minutes ago, RedM said:

An absolute tragedy. Helicopters don’t land in the middle of the pitch if they aren’t transporting important people connected with the club. The fact that nobody has said he wasn’t on the flight says everything, and the photos of him boarding can sadly mean there is only one outcome.

I remember the Matthew Harding crash, but that was bad weather wasn’t it? Is it a usual thing for this helicopter to land on the pitch. I’ve not been to the new Leicester ground so can’t picture it’s surroundings. Not an easy manoeuvre exiting out I wouldn’t think? Thoughts are with all those involved and their families. 

If happens after every home game, takes off from the centre circle.

9 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Was making a point badly about hoddles strange comments when managing England. Too many ciders yesterday so it made no sense; I wouldn't wish tragedy on anyone.

Fair play for changing your tune.

As much as I don't agree with hoddles beliefs he was asked a question by the press and answered honestly,  don't think that can be held against him. Many religious beliefs seem odd to other people

2 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

More than one source reporting that news.

“Leo Bruka told 5 Live that he saw two police officers whose car was near the crash scene.

"One of them was looking for something and the other one, he ran straight away to the helicopter and he was trying to break the window," he said.

"Then there is an explosion and they pulled back because the fire was too hot."”

sounds like the police officers were ok. Hope so. 

Isn't this the owner who pays for the entire stadium to have a free beer and a cake each year on his birthday? 

Seems like he made more effort than most to appreciate football supporters - not to say any owner shouldn't be mourned in such circumstances, but there is an extra level of tragedy here for someone so generous and kind spirited.

26 minutes ago, Red Onion said:

Surprising that a helicopter is allowed to transport in and out of a ground from a safety point of view?  

Terribly sad.  Thoughts with all affected. 

I was recently - like literally Thursday - in 90 degree heat in Florida - yesterday at the gate was a temperature  wake up call I can assure you !!

Anyway, on International Drive which is just a big road lined with eating places, dollar shops, crazy golf etc you can get a 10 minute 30 dollar copter ride.

And I mean literally there and then - takes off from a grid about 6 car park spaces in size 50 yards maximum from one of the busiest roads in Florida - only in America!!

Looking forwards, some Leicester fans are now pondering what it holds for their club. Without the top man there, will King Power still sponsor and invest in LCFC?

Rushden & Diamonds collapsed when Max Griggs died his family & company were not interested in putting money into that club.

40 minutes ago, Neo said:

I was recently - like literally Thursday - in 90 degree heat in Florida - yesterday at the gate was a temperature  wake up call I can assure you !!

Anyway, on International Drive which is just a big road lined with eating places, dollar shops, crazy golf etc you can get a 10 minute 30 dollar copter ride.

And I mean literally there and then - takes off from a grid about 6 car park spaces in size 50 yards maximum from one of the busiest roads in Florida - only in America!!

I went on a chopper in Vegas over the strip/death valley/grand canyon - the things are literally made of **** all basically a tin can. Think caravan with a motor on the roof, mad fun but if that goes down there is almost nothing in terms of protection. 

9 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I went on a chopper in Vegas over the strip/death valley/grand canyon - the things are literally made of **** all basically a tin can. Think caravan with a motor on the roof, mad fun but if that goes down there is almost nothing in terms of protection. 

We did not do that when we were there a few years back - the bi-plane trip to the canyon from Vegas was bad enough - bouncing around more than the roller-coasters we went on last week.

Somebody was sick on the way back and it smelt vile and that started about 2 or 3 more being sick - never again !!

37 minutes ago, 22A said:

Looking forwards, some Leicester fans are now pondering what it holds for their club. Without the top man there, will King Power still sponsor and invest in LCFC?

Rushden & Diamonds collapsed when Max Griggs died his family & company were not interested in putting money into that club.

But on the flip side Marcus Liebherr family supported Southampton after his death 

Archived