IGNORED

Helicopter Crash - Leicester Owner

Maesknoll Red

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I have to disagree with the above posts, there are plenty of eye witness accounts saying the helicopter changed direction and crashed in a quieter area of the surround, like at AG8 there would still have been plenty of people milling around outside the stadium an hour after the match. The pilot would have been trained to control the helicopter as much as he could, ironically if they had have been higher up he would have had a better chance of gaining full control (you stall the engine to stop it spinning)

The pilot IS a hero for what he did, he'd have known they were doomed but still had the mental nous to do what he did

RIP #THEBOSS

I'm yet to read one but we'll have to agree to disagree. Certainly, a certain tabloid suggested he had manoeuvred the helicopter to avoid a kids play area, which was literally at the other end of the stadium, so that is definitely absolute nonsense.

I've no desire to point out flaws in the pilot's behaviour anyway. Just that I'm 99% certain the entire thing about crashing in a 'safe' place is made up. If it was further away from the ground it would have more logic to it, but by all accounts it sounds like it came up and then came down extremely quickly, leaving no more than a few seconds of descent, in which you'd have zero control.

3 hours ago, nebristolred said:

I'm yet to read one but we'll have to agree to disagree. Certainly, a certain tabloid suggested he had manoeuvred the helicopter to avoid a kids play area, which was literally at the other end of the stadium, so that is definitely absolute nonsense.

I've no desire to point out flaws in the pilot's behaviour anyway. Just that I'm 99% certain the entire thing about crashing in a 'safe' place is made up. If it was further away from the ground it would have more logic to it, but by all accounts it sounds like it came up and then came down extremely quickly, leaving no more than a few seconds of descent, in which you'd have zero control.

How many kids play areas have children in when it's dark? 

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

IMG-20181029-WA0001.jpg

That is a lovely touch, looks like the blue lights are on as well?

5 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Can’t see them playing until the 10th at very earliest - maybe even after international break?

Interview on 5Live and they said Saturdays game is almost certainly off. They play Burnley at home on remberance Sunday, so likely that will be the next time they play 

20 minutes ago, Richwilkins50 said:

CCTV showing the chopper lifting out of the stadium and then losing control..... not the best quality. RIP. 

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=91roh_1540837755

Not wanting to sound disrespectful but looks like there is no chance the pilot had any control over where that chopper was landing. Was just chance it landed where it did. Not saying the pilot wasn't trying desperately of course, im sure he was until the last moment.

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Not wanting to sound disrespectful but looks like there is no chance the pilot had any control over where that chopper was landing. Was just chance it landed where it did. Not saying the pilot wasn't trying desperately of course, im sure he was until the last moment.

Not sure anyone was surviving that regardless of the fire either. 

Leicester fan in peace just signed up to say what a wonderful gesture that is from your club to light up your ground in blue with our crest. 

A few of your supporters have also been on our forum to say your condolences and it's very much appreciated.

You lot are a class act and I wish you all the best for this season. Cheers ?

• Admin
2 hours ago, Super said:

Embarrassing that a so called city fan has made a joke about this on the EFL banter page on FB.

Just after it happened there were some shocking comments on Twitter, someone saying shame it wasn’t the Glaziers and a few in similar vein.  I have got a pretty sick and black sense of humour, but there are some people who just can’t help themselves, no class, no decorum and no humanity.

11 hours ago, phantom said:

I have to disagree with the above posts, there are plenty of eye witness accounts saying the helicopter changed direction and crashed in a quieter area of the surround, like at AG8 there would still have been plenty of people milling around outside the stadium an hour after the match. The pilot would have been trained to control the helicopter as much as he could, ironically if they had have been higher up he would have had a better chance of gaining full control (you stall the engine to stop it spinning)

The pilot IS a hero for what he did, he'd have known they were doomed but still had the mental nous to do what he did

RIP #THEBOSS

7C9D61E5-D0BD-4B5F-AF68-D4E529FA5872.thumb.jpeg.927c89e7c75adc33d694ac007fb93f55.jpeg

If you’ve seen the video of the helicopter coming down you’d know that no one had any control over the direction of it, or indeed the place it landed in. It was spinning wildly

11 hours ago, Super said:

Embarrassing that a so called city fan has made a joke about this on the EFL banter page on FB.

Saw it too. Won't go into detail but it was a photoshopped Walkers crisps packet.

Absolutely shocking and despicable. He was removed from the City Til I Die page with immediate effect. 

9 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

If you’ve seen the video of the helicopter coming down you’d know that no one had any control over the direction of it, or indeed the place it landed in. It was spinning wildly

Is there really a video out there?

As someone who has a licence to fly helicopter, all I would add is that don't think that just because it is spinning around that the pilot is not in control of the direction he is going.

He has correctly been hailed as a hero as he has clearly stopped this disaster from being any worse than it was

46 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Is there really a video out there?

As someone who has a licence to fly helicopter, all I would add is that don't think that just because it is spinning around that the pilot is not in control of the direction he is going.

He has correctly been hailed as a hero as he has clearly stopped this disaster from being any worse than it was

Watch the video mate, he really hasn't. Not to speak ill of the dead obviously, it's just a made-up story to try and make more of a narrative out of it unfortunately. It's just that there is literally nothing he could have done.

Archived