IGNORED

Kemar Roofe and the blame game

AppyDAZE

Just talking generally, have always thought that if a player gets red carded for preventing a goal with his hand, the same should apply for trying to score one the same way. Same difference / reward. And yes, that would still apply to Fam when he tried it earlier this season and I didn't like it then...

13 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

The lino missed this, the ref didn't that...

I agree with Holloway on Quest tonight.

It's plain cheating and about time the PLAYER got the stick for this kind of nonsense.

"Ball to hand" my arse

I like how Holloway is described as “former QPR and Millwall manager” Obviously hasn’t managed anyone else notable! ? 

12 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

This thread should have more replies.

Im falling right out of love with football due to the cheating that goes on. Maybe it´s always been this way but the diving and handballs even down to appealing for a throw you know isnt yours is bang out.

Roofe should have told the ref.

Spot on.

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Im falling right out of love with football due to the cheating that goes on. Maybe it´s always been this way but the diving and handballs even down to appealing for a throw you know isnt yours is bang out.

I agree. Did you listen to Bailey Wrights commentary, where he was talking up deliberate fouls and how he enjoys watching 'professional' fouls because it's all gamesmanship. In its basic element, it's cheating. Deliberately breaking the rules. 

FWIW, I am not a big fan of BW, he's the type of player to trip, pull shirts, obstruct etc, and then say 'What me?' He's got a bit of rugby player in him. 

I also would like to see a 3 card system, where minor cards can be handed out for trips, pulling shirts,  time wasting etc. These could be issued when the play is stopped rather than stopping play, and accumulate enough that add up to yellow or red. It would also allow bookings for a player even on a yellow card if it's a minor infraction.

29 minutes ago, Super said:

Sooner VAR comes in the better. Another blatant handball in the Palace v Arsenal game.

I think your right Super, the Irish fans who though it was hilarious when England got cheated out of the world cup by Maradona didn't quite see the funny side when it happened to them with Henry. 

Who could forget Palaces phantom goal, I thought it was great (because it happened to Warnock) but take the point that if it was us we'd be spitting nails.. 

6 hours ago, citysimmo said:

Just talking generally, have always thought that if a player gets red carded for preventing a goal with his hand, the same should apply for trying to score one the same way. 

I always thought Maradonna should have been sent off for deliberate handball.

12 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Who could forget Palaces phantom goal, I thought it was great (because it happened to Warnock) but take the point that if it was us we'd be spitting nails.. 

I always thought that goal was disallowed because Sears' arm came across the chest of a City defender just before he shot. The resultant free kick just happened to be in much the same place a goal kick would be taken from.

48 minutes ago, 22A said:

I always thought that goal was disallowed because Sears' arm came across the chest of a City defender just before he shot. The resultant free kick just happened to be in much the same place a goal kick would be taken from.

A strange one all round, all I remember was Warnock and Tango man being incandescent with rage.. 

6 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Youre living in dream land mate. No way is any player telling the ref, there’s too much at stake.

i don’t blame the refs for missing it sometimes though, they only get one look at full pace after all

21 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I would tend to agree cidercity BUT can you imagine the abuse Roofe would have got from his gaffer and team mates? Essentially he would have lost them the game by owning up!!

Maybe a 10 mins cooling in the sin bin like rugby could be in between the yellow and red. Doesn’t hold the game up much, not sure what would happen if several in the bin at once though!

Also these blatant cheating decisions could be looked at retrospectively and bans/cards handed out, doesn’t change the game at the time though I guess, eg goals don’t get chalked off.

There is too much at stake now, too much to lose if you lose that why players and managers use any advantage they can, underhand or not. I don’t like it, it takes what honesty there is out of the game. What’s the fun or skill of winning by cheating, but that’s it the game is so much more than that now. Too much money involved , the rewards for success are too high not to be tempted. Sad isn’t it.

The answer at Premier League & Championship level is VAR. There is so much (money) riding on these games now, and multiple replays available that it won't take much to put in place. Goal line technology is now fully accepted, so it's only time.

As for the deliberate hand ball into the net, the goal should be disallowed and the player sent off. Combine that with VAR and it will disappear as a problem.

As for Roofe there should be retrospective disciplinary action, simple as!

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

The answer at Premier League & Championship level is VAR. There is so much (money) riding on these games now, and multiple replays available that it won't take much to put in place. Goal line technology is now fully accepted, so it's only time.

As for the deliberate hand ball into the net, the goal should be disallowed and the player sent off. Combine that with VAR and it will disappear as a problem.

As for Roofe there should be retrospective disciplinary action, simple as!

Don't be daft.

This is mighty Leeds United we're talking about, not little Bristol Throw The Book at Them City!

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Don't be daft.

This is mighty Leeds United we're talking about, not little Bristol Throw The Book at Them City!

Plus it was clearly caught on the TV replays, so absolutely no chance that the EFL or FA will do anything about it, unlike the bans our players have had.

Dirty Leeds, always cheating!

Archived