IGNORED

City shop what a joke!

One hair on my chin

15 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Seeing it was a bit fresh yesterday. I thought I would go and buy myself a woolly hat . To keep my bald head warm. Sorry haven’t got any due in next week. :colder:

Not the only one. My mate thought the same. Nothing until Nov unless it was BCFC Womens (he didn't fancy getting one of those).

Just when there is little to moan about on the pitch, one can always have a interesting bet on those who will come on here and find something pathetic to complain about. However, if everyone was positive and bullish in support of our club the forum would be a less interesting place. Keep it up moaners!

10 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

I thought you were moaning the club threw you out your seat so you could still have the kits ticket cheap?

The kids ticket where I used to sit for 19 years was put up to £100 from £50 with no kids shirt. I was more peeved at my ticket going up as well.

But after thinking about it and calming down I suppose it's a bit like me wanting to shop in Waitrose every week. I can't afford it so I don't I shop in Aldi or Lidl.

Same with season ticket, I want to sit in central dolman but can't afford it now as got two kids who come as well , so now I sit in family area in upper lansdown. 

Which is amazing value. £345 for me and £50 each for both kids.

So the moral of the story is there's always options!!

23 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Have the club ever said anything about this? 

I always presumed it was temporary as it first appeared when the West stand was still being built. 

The old shop was in a prime position, was bigger and pretty much the first thing you came to via the Winterstoke Rd.

The  current location of the shop is also in a prime position but the club must have underestimated just how much trade it would generate but it’s proved to be a successful outlet. I’d love to know how much income the shop generates.

Now because of how small the shop floor is no extra stock can be displayed and on a match day it gets packed out. I imagine it’s the same when the Bears are at home.

But.....expanding the shop in its current position would only be possible if the cafe was closed and is that likely to happen?

10 hours ago, Sarumred said:

They should have thought about that when the stadium was redeveloped

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Blame the shortsighted designers then.

10 hours ago, Leveller said:

Of course there’s a point. This misshapen, small afterthought is ridiculous. We have a massive U shaped concourse with acres of space. The idea that an architect could not have found a better way of fitting in a better store is incredible.

I'm always a believer in "Occam's razor" - the most likely scenario will be true. And for me the most likely scenario is that a designer was not short sighted, and had a solution which addressed the space required, but that the requirements changed. Because "designers" don't stay designing very long if they design badly.

And the best thing about theories, is that you can take the trouble to go and validate them. So here you go!

Plan number 1. Club shop 224m2 with a completely open plan integrated coffee shop of a further 131m2, and a "pub" that is 294m2.

572749079_ScreenShot2018-10-28at09_02_58.thumb.png.aa67de11b8136703f43a966408b0b01f.png

Eventual Plan. Club shop now 167m2 (more than 25% smaller) stuffed around the back of a completely separate coffee shop, and alongside a now giant sports bar of 395m2.

1318609834_ScreenShot2018-10-28at09_05_00.thumb.png.4a8a79f686ff85baad0bea4263a404f5.png

So there you have it!  Far be it for me to defend highly paid designers and architects, but someone changed the priorities.

Like a complete tit, I turned up yesterday in just a t-shirt. Being 5 or 6 rows from the front, I was getting drenched. Due to desperate measures, I thought I'd go and buy something from the club shop. £75 for a coat. £55 for a hoodie. Thought sod it - I'd rather catch a cold. Although the bloke in the shop did mention that there's some reasonably cheap kids t-shirts......I'm 29 

Wonder how busy the shop gets on a non match day and that might be the reason why it was built to the size it is.

There is a second official merchandise shipping container outside the Sports Bar as well.

With the high street going to pot - Debenhams, House of Fraiser and countless other retailers closing stores, maybe the club have played a blinder in realising that retail is no longer the touch and feel experience of yesterday and it's a click and collect experience today.

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

and it's a click and collect experience today

I think you'll find where Bristol Sport web experiences are concerned, that would be a click click click click login click click login again click click click back back click supporter ID click and collect experience

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The old shop was in a prime position, was bigger and pretty much the first thing you came to via the Winterstoke Rd.

The  current location of the shop is also in a prime position but the club must have underestimated just how much trade it would generate but it’s proved to be a successful outlet. I’d love to know how much income the shop generates.

Now because of how small the shop floor is no extra stock can be displayed and on a match day it gets packed out. I imagine it’s the same when the Bears are at home.

But.....expanding the shop in its current position would only be possible if the cafe was closed and is that likely to happen?

Be interesting to hear from the club. 

Are they happy with what they've now got? Any regrets? Any plans to change things?

52 minutes ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

Like a complete tit, I turned up yesterday in just a t-shirt. Being 5 or 6 rows from the front, I was getting drenched. Due to desperate measures, I thought I'd go and buy something from the club shop. £75 for a coat. £55 for a hoodie. Thought sod it - I'd rather catch a cold. Although the bloke in the shop did mention that there's some reasonably cheap kids t-shirts......I'm 29 

Forget the coats & jumpers. You really should have bought some shorts or joggers, at the very least..! 

I totally agree that our club shop is a joke. Whilst I just don’t like our Dunder kit that’s my personal preference. Anyway my pal went into the shop yesterday to buy a hat. He was told ‘we are currently changing suppliers and new stock will arrive at the end of November ‘ ! That’s absolutely shocking management by the club.

It was a very cold day so you could assume we would have sold 100+ hats. At say £12 each that’s £1200 and say £500 + profit.

Wake up City. We’ve got to be more professional than that. I’d expect that at Rovers but not BS3. 

2 hours ago, Olé said:

So there you have it!  Far be it for me to defend highly paid designers and architects, but someone changed the priorities.

That is quite likely, but I believe this was the first stadium this firm had ever designed so were probably not experienced enough to challenge the  change of priorities.  This was not the only error, the dressing rooms were the wrong size and there were (maybe still are) issues with some sight lines.

As an outsider, it seems the wrong designers were appointed and they have not covered themselves in glory.

The shop was going to expand into the area above earmarked for the museum. The SC&T were given this for their bar/room instead so the shop has been forced to stay put. I believe when the Wickes site is developed the shop will relocate over there. 

The ruby stuff is put to the back of the shop when it’s a football day and the opposite when the Bears play at home, but both bre on display. I agree fully the shop has never been fit for purpose both in size or stock.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

The shop was going to expand into the area above earmarked for the museum. The SC&T were given this for their bar/room instead so the shop has been forced to stay put. I believe when the Wickes site is developed the shop will relocate over there. 

The ruby stuff is put to the back of the shop when it’s a football day and the opposite when the Bears play at home, but both bre on display. I agree fully the shop has never been fit for purpose both in size or stock.

Ah, well that answers a few questions. Ta

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

Was sent this recently, apparently Bristol City were “top”of the Championship in terms of lowest £ income from football in 2016/2017?

BEFE0405-EA65-49E5-B4F7-624A16172D51.jpeg

Crikey! I'd like to think ours was better last season with the cup run and the stadium fully up and running.

But how did QPR do 4x what we did?!  

Archived