IGNORED

City shop what a joke!

One hair on my chin

4 hours ago, RedM said:

The shop was going to expand into the area above earmarked for the museum. The SC&T were given this for their bar/room instead so the shop has been forced to stay put. I believe when the Wickes site is developed the shop will relocate over there. 

The ruby stuff is put to the back of the shop when it’s a football day and the opposite when the Bears play at home, but both bre on display. I agree fully the shop has never been fit for purpose both in size or stock.

The crown jewels???

:dunno:

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Forty quid delivery?

Yes Rob that's right, I looked at buying a shirt on the web site and that's what they are charging for overseas ordinary postage. I can things sent by DHL courier for less than that on eBay, Rip Off! I got a shirt a few years ago before BS took over and it was only £8 postage.

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Anybody that ever wants something from the shop, and doesn’t want to pay silly postage. I’d be happy to collect it from the shop, and then as long as you cover the postage costs I’m happy to forward it on. 

Well done Dolly, that's brilliant of you,  but surely the club should not be looking to rip off their overseas fans!

11 minutes ago, citydaisy said:

@Bristol Rob yep, £40 - I know they use DPD but someone is taking the rip there.  I get alot from the UK sent with DPD and have never ever paid suppliers anywhere near that much for 20kg+ boxes let alone a scarf.....

city delivery.JPG

That is astonishing.

How much should it cost if it was just sent by the Royal Mail?

23 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Was sent this recently, apparently Bristol City were “top”of the Championship in terms of lowest £ income from football in 2016/2017?

BEFE0405-EA65-49E5-B4F7-624A16172D51.jpeg

Interesting read.

The appearance of Burnley, Hull, Middlesbrough MK Dons, Charlton and Bolton- with the corresponding lack of Aston Villa, Newcastle, Norwich, Wigan, Burton and Barnsley also suggests it's 2015/16- even if the Graph however is listed as 2016/17.

What does that graph indicate exactly- is it maybe as a % of income generated from Matchdays? Or that we had the cheapest tickets in 15/16? :dunno:

@ralphindevon If I've read it right then that graph is for total income- and our segment of our total income generated from Matchdays is the lowest, either as a number or a %. If someone could go through all the accounts from Championship 15/16 season  that'd be great. :laughcont:

If it's on a website too, that'd be interesting for a bit of context etc- assume football finance site of some kind.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Interesting read.

The appearance of Burnley, Hull, Middlesbrough MK Dons, Charlton and Bolton- with the corresponding lack of Aston Villa, Newcastle, Norwich, Wigan, Burton and Barnsley also suggests it's 2015/16- even if the Graph however is listed as 2016/17.

What does that graph indicate exactly- is it maybe as a % of income generated from Matchdays? Or that we had the cheapest tickets in 15/16? :dunno:

@ralphindevon If I've read it right then that graph is for total income- and our segment of our total income generated from Matchdays is the lowest, either as a number or a %. If someone could go through all the accounts from Championship 15/16 season  that'd be great. :laughcont:

If it's on a website too, that'd be interesting for a bit of context etc- assume football finance site of some kind.

Yes it would be interesting if an accountant sort of person (certainly not me) could explain this and exactly what it means. 

Figures for merchandise only must be available for every club, I'd love to see that.

15 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes it would be interesting if an accountant sort of person (certainly not me) could explain this and exactly what it means. 

Figures for merchandise only must be available for every club, I'd love to see that.

I've re-read it all and I think I get it more now.

Our income basically was the lowest in 15/16 at this level- however it likely depends on whether you use Bristol City Holdings accounts or BCFC Accounts- the difference between the 2 for that season was maybe £3-4m? (Edit- just checked and the gap is £3,825,970).

If we used Bristol City Holdings as a measurement, it'd have been higher than Rotherham, but lower than Birmingham- whereas if it's just Bristol City FC, then yes it may well have been the lowest!

On 28/10/2018 at 17:19, Bristol Rob said:

That is astonishing.

How much should it cost if it was just sent by the Royal Mail?

Guessing a scarf will not be too heavy!, Tracked and Signed to Europe for with Royal Mail would be £10.55 maximum (up to 500gms).

City shop a joke? … well, it's a pretty bad one. 

Anything we can do - these can do better!  ? 

joke-shop-2-1445614335.jpg

(who remember the original  'Joke Shop' when it was located on Christmas Steps?) … the stuff we used to buy in there when we were school kids in the 60's/70's :laugh: and each visit wouldn't be complete without a box of 'stink bombs'.  (no doubt they are banned nowadays, like most good things :) thanks to the nanny state pc attitude of today... Boo!) 

OMG crushed under foot on packed buses, busy shops, The Arcade in Broadmead, these obnoxious things were going off everywhere ffs.. Well we thought it wad funny at the time, little things pleasing little minds eh? .. Bet a few found they're way onto the football terraces too! ?  

56 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

City shop a joke? … well, it's a pretty bad one. 

Anything we can do - these can do better!  ? 

joke-shop-2-1445614335.jpg

(who remember the original  'Joke Shop' when it was located on Christmas Steps?) … the stuff we used to buy in there when we were school kids in the 60's/70's :laugh: and each visit wouldn't be complete without a box of 'stink bombs'.  (no doubt they are banned nowadays, like most good things :) thanks to the nanny state pc attitude of today... Boo!) 

OMG crushed under foot on packed buses, busy shops, The Arcade in Broadmead, these obnoxious things were going off everywhere ffs.. Well we thought it wad funny at the time, little things pleasing little minds eh? .. Bet a few found they're way onto the football terraces too! ?  

the bloke that ran it was done for sex offences along with sapphire (remember him) sort of ruined my memory of it. his name was Joseph Devotee and he ran it in the 1960s they were convicted in 2012 for being paedophiles.

21 minutes ago, pillred said:

the bloke that ran it was done for sex offences along with sapphire (remember him) sort of ruined my memory of it. his name was Joseph Devotee and he ran it in the 1960s they were convicted in 2012 for being paedophiles.

Never knew that, blimey, did he still run the shop after it transferred across the road onto the corner near top of Colston Ave/St .. I remember going in there one it twice after Christmas Steps...  Quite shocked to hear that, tarnished my memories too … cheers for the info... It wasn't such a funny joke shop after all then ..  ?

9 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Never knew that, blimey, did he still run the shop after it transferred across the road onto the corner near top of Colston Ave/St .. I remember going in there one it twice after Christmas Steps...  Quite shocked to hear that, tarnished my memories too … cheers for the info... It wasn't such a funny joke shop after all then ..  ?

the offences happened in the 1970s, not sure when it moved to Colston ave, but I used to go in the shop in Christmas steps a lot around the late 60 s early seventies horrible to think he was taking advantage of children attracted to a fun place.

Just checked out the delivery charge to Tasmania for a 15 pound   Bristol City scarf from the UK.

It's 60 pounds, which is $108  AU dollars, making about $140 dollars all up and a complete rip off.

I frequently buy clothes online from the UK and the air freight charge is usually at maximum between 10 and 20 pounds

If I was to order a similar scarf on ebay it would likely come from China and they would  charge 2 pounds ( $3.88 dollars) for the scarf with free delivery to Tasmania.

3 hours ago, PluckaDuck said:

Just checked out the delivery charge to Tasmania for a 15 pound   Bristol City scarf from the UK.

It's 60 pounds, which is $108  AU dollars, making about $140 dollars all up and a complete rip off.

I frequently buy clothes online from the UK and the air freight charge is usually at maximum between 10 and 20 pounds

If I was to order a similar scarf on ebay it would likely come from China and they would  charge 2 pounds ( $3.88 dollars) for the scarf with free delivery to Tasmania.

Assuming that comes under World Zone 2, it would be a max £13.45 Tracked and signed with RM. Whoever is doing the shipping costs on the website needs sacking, there is one thing adding a couple of pounds on to cover everything, but the prices quoted are ridiculous. Do they think people will actually pay it.

Archived