IGNORED

City shop what a joke!

One hair on my chin

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO  … re: Club shop online P@P / Delivery charges.

Are these correct?  (surely a mistake that needs rectifying?)

Any of the clubs 'powers that be' got any thoughts or comments on this subject?    

Any website I have had previously was very simple to change shipping costs/methods and add locations etc. Someone has physically added those costs above for those specific regions

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO  … re: Club shop online P@P / Delivery charges.

Are these correct?  (surely a mistake that needs rectifying?)

Any of the clubs 'powers that be' got any thoughts or comments on this subject?    

I have asked the Ashton Gate team who manage the shop about this (as they run the shop and not the club) and they have said an announcement is due next week about delivery charges.

Matt 

54 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

I have asked the Ashton Gate team who manage the shop about this (as they run the shop and not the club) and they have said an announcement is due next week about delivery charges.

Matt 

That is good to know, but would anything have happened if it hadn’t been queried in the first place? 

The cafe is brilliant, sometimes I'm working nearby in the week so I pop in. It's good value and plenty of healthy tasty options. I have a look in the shop after or before, I agree it's a bit pricey but I suppose all clubs are. 

It's a lot better than Millwalls shop as you couldn't swing a cat in there ,

Burtons was different as you could buy ex players kit for a reasonable amount , Darren bent shirt and socks 

On 28/10/2018 at 17:07, citydaisy said:

@Bristol Rob yep, £40 - I know they use DPD but someone is taking the rip there.  I get alot from the UK sent with DPD and have never ever paid suppliers anywhere near that much for 20kg+ boxes let alone a scarf.....

city delivery.JPG

I live in Ireland too.  And used to have the same issue with postage on some stuff.

Best thing I did was set up a Parcel Motel account.  That way you have a UK address and they deliver to your local motel.

31 minutes ago, RedM said:

That is good to know, but would anything have happened if it hadn’t been queried in the first place? 

Like I said this isn’t run by the club so I’m not across the detail but I believe this is something that has been looked into before this thread started. 

Surely it’s a good thing that something’s happening regardless of it being queried or not? 

5 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Like I said this isn’t run by the club so I’m not across the detail but I believe this is something that has been looked into before this thread started. 

Surely it’s a good thing that something’s happening regardless of it being queried or not? 

Hello Matt ,

Why don't the girls academy get treated like the boys regarding kit etc. It's as if the girls are a separate club to the boys but both under Bristol city ?

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

It is a good thing, of course I am not doubting that. But come on, £40 for postage to Eire, you got to admit that’s a bad thing and should never had been offered?

@soultrader - you appear to be in my neck of the woods as we are in North Cork - nice to know! (I am  getting fed up only meeting Leeds/Man U/ Liverpool fans!)  I do have address pal set up so could get around it, but as someone who sends stuff the other way to the UK, and is conscious of how much people are willing to pay for postage it is a personal bugbear of mine when there is a totally ridiculous postage charge.

Good to hear it is being looked at though

6 hours ago, Dylan said:

The cafe is brilliant, sometimes I'm working nearby in the week so I pop in. It's good value and plenty of healthy tasty options. I have a look in the shop after or before, I agree it's a bit pricey but I suppose all clubs are. 

It's a lot better than Millwalls shop as you couldn't swing a cat in there ,

Burtons was different as you could buy ex players kit for a reasonable amount , Darren bent shirt and socks 

I think that is a great idea.Would love to get some match worn shirts.

On 28/10/2018 at 16:52, citydaisy said:

no way can I justify paying £40 delivery to Ireland

£40 to Ireland? Whoever was tasked with working out shipping fees has been using the Ryanair website by mistake.

14 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

12 hours ago, RedM said:

It is a good thing, of course I am not doubting that. But come on, £40 for postage to Eire, you got to admit that’s a bad thing and should never had been offered?

The point is @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO its a completely rediculous overcharge that should never have been put into place in the first place.

Not a knock at you, or the club if its managed seperately (which does seem strange), and fair play for bringing it to their attention. 

Either someone didnt know what they were doing when they put the charges on, or they've made a hell of a lot of profit.

31 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It had been brought up with JL on Twitter and he suggested changes were ahead... 

Good to see it had previously been noted, but four and a half months on almost makes it worse I think.

On 31/10/2018 at 18:50, citydaisy said:

@soultrader - you appear to be in my neck of the woods as we are in North Cork - nice to know! (I am  getting fed up only meeting Leeds/Man U/ Liverpool fans!)  I do have address pal set up so could get around it, but as someone who sends stuff the other way to the UK, and is conscious of how much people are willing to pay for postage it is a personal bugbear of mine when there is a totally ridiculous postage charge.

Good to hear it is being looked at though

@citydaisyWell Im out near Macroom.  But work up by the Airport.

But yeah, the Leeds/ManU/Pool fans seem to make up 99% of Cork

52 minutes ago, One hair on my chin said:

So I when bought the full child kit with my Season Card (£50) they said £5 Would go back on my Season Card but i still can't see it on the Bristol City App?

Same here, my rewards disappeared when we had to re register our accounts or link them up, whatever it was!

Suspect they were hoping no one would notice!!!!

Archived