IGNORED

Max O’Leary

formerly known as ivan

Promising and good shot stopper. However his kicking and decision making with the ball at his feet needs to improve dramatically before he can be called number one. The past 3 games hes has almost gifted a goal to each side. For me when FF or NM are fit they walk back into the first XI. 

Not harsh on Max if Niki comes back in. I like Max and reckon he can be a good champ keeper at minimum. He just is not there yet. Needs a loan. So yea, Niki back in for me but with 3-4 matches of footage it should be easier for Max to secure a loan for half the season and come back stronger in the summer. 

Think we will understand the future of all 3 during the Jan window. 

FF out of contract in sumner

NM also OOC in summer but club have 1 year option 

If we bring someone like Heaton on loan, you might assume that neither FF or NM are likely to be around next season.  Same if we were to go for Steffan.

He’s a very good shot stopper which is important for a goalkeeper ! He has the potential to be good with his feet and tries to distribute to his defenders and midfielders. I think he needs to be handled delicately now. A few more good performances could make him, but a few shaky ones and a break wouldn’t do any harm. 

Max has stepped up to the plate and has been excellent, and fully deserves to keep his place, make NM and FF earn their place back, what sort of message would it send to Max if he’s suddenly dropped after doing so well. He deserves to keep the No1 spot at present.

Archived