IGNORED

Saunders87

Anyone else think that we would be more affective with using the 5-3-2 formation. 

GK (whoever’s fit)

Hunt Kalas Webster Kelly DaSilva

Brownhill Pack Walsh 

Taylor Fam 

I personally feel this would allow Hunt to focus more on going forward without leaving him exposed, as his forward game is a lot better than his defending side of the game. Kelly can get more experience at CB whilst still having enough cover to counteract his little mistakes. The only winger we have that’s in form is Eliason imo atm so possibly swap him for Walsh, but after yesterday’s showing there is a real player in Walsh that we’ve been crying out for. 

Interested to to see others opinion.

Hope not.

That formation is not good when you come up against a savvy opposing manager. Double up on wing backs and make them full backs and then drag Brownhill and Walsh wide to cover leaving Pack on his own.

On paper it looks good. In practise not so much, which is why there are hardly any clubs playing it.

We usually play 3 different formations in a game anyway and are often in a 3 at the back when in possession.

Modern formations a lot more fluid and interchangeable than most realise

1 hour ago, Saunders87 said:

Anyone else think that we would be more affective with using the 5-3-2 formation. 

GK (whoever’s fit)

Hunt Kalas Webster Kelly DaSilva

Brownhill Pack Walsh 

Taylor Fam 

I personally feel this would allow Hunt to focus more on going forward without leaving him exposed, as his forward game is a lot better than his defending side of the game. Kelly can get more experience at CB whilst still having enough cover to counteract his little mistakes. The only winger we have that’s in form is Eliason imo atm so possibly swap him for Walsh, but after yesterday’s showing there is a real player in Walsh that we’ve been crying out for. 

Interested to to see others opinion.

I said exactly this on another thread with the exception of it being 3-5-2 and Eliasson wide right instead of Hunt.

Maybe Hunt in away games and Eliasson at home?

We saw for the first time in a long time, a City central midfielder, going forward with passes and it was a pleasure to watch. I've had my fill of sideways, backwards and Hollywood seventy yard passes. Walsh did the simple things. He ran forward with the ball and passed it forward. That is how we were able to pen Stoke on their own half for most of the second half.

And if we'd had another decent striker on instead of Paterson, we would probably have won. He reminds me very much of Keith Fear; clever player who hides, cannot tackle and gets one or two glory goals a season.

Once again, I see a league where no club is dominant. Mid table security is OK but we are wasting the best opportunities that we've had for a long time.

----------------------------------------------------Max--------------------------------------------------------

Hunt-------------------------Kalas-----------------------------Webster------------------------Kelly

-----------------Walsh-------------------------Pack------------------------------D'silva---------------

--------------------------------Wiemann------------------------Taylor-----------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------Famara-----------------------------------------------------

I'd like to try that side out...with an option to bring Eliasson and Odowda on at some point to mix it up completely.

All depends who we are playing against of course...but that first 11 looks very solid to me.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

----------------------------------------------------Max--------------------------------------------------------

Hunt-------------------------Kalas-----------------------------Webster------------------------Kelly

-----------------Walsh-------------------------Pack------------------------------D'silva---------------

--------------------------------Wiemann------------------------Taylor-----------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------Famara-----------------------------------------------------

I'd like to try that side out...with an option to bring Eliasson and Odowda on at some point to mix it up completely.

All depends who we are playing against of course...but that first 11 looks very solid to me.

I know it’s cold out, but bit early for a Xmas Tree! ?

I'd like to see 4-3-3 tried v reading 

O'leary

Hunt Webster Kalas Da Silva

Walsh Pack Brownhill 

Watkins Taylor Eliasson

Imo we can't drop eliasson, nor will he fit in 3-5-2, so that's pretty much off the radar. 

Here we get three players in the midfield, two wingers and taylor can cause mayhem for the opposition defence. 

31 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'd like to see 4-3-3 tried v reading 

O'leary

Hunt Webster Kalas Da Silva

Walsh Pack Brownhill 

Watkins Taylor Eliasson

Imo we can't drop eliasson, nor will he fit in 3-5-2, so that's pretty much off the radar. 

Here we get three players in the midfield, two wingers and taylor can cause mayhem for the opposition defence. 

Like this. Goal scoring a problem and for all the flack he gets Watkins is a good finisher. Might be the right balance there. Though I may play Weimann for Eliasson who i like but match him up against a big fullback and he disappears

55 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Like this. Goal scoring a problem and for all the flack he gets Watkins is a good finisher. Might be the right balance there. Though I may play Weimann for Eliasson who i like but match him up against a big fullback and he disappears

I was stuck between them as well. 

Eliassons set piece delivery and ability to beat a player edged it, although I agree, at times yesterday (especially first half) he did disappear

Archived