IGNORED

Our strongest back 4 ......

headhunter

Just checking out Kalas's playing record pre us, and, as I thought he has appeared extensively at right back notably under Karanka at Boro. 

So, a back 4 of:

Kalas / Webster / Kelly / De Silva 

looks pretty impressive IMHO

Some will argue that the left side lacks experience but in those 2 we have future full England prospects, proven by their U20 & U21 credentials.

Note I have left out sick note Baker but him, Hunt and [when ever he overcomes whatever it is that's keeping him out and I don't buy the bad back story] Wright on the bench the options look pretty sound to me.

Shame we don't have this strength in depth in the middle. It'll be a crime if LJ doesn't start Walsh against lowly Reading on Saturday 

6 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Just checking out Kalas's playing record pre us, and, as I thought he has appeared extensively at right back notably under Karanka at Boro. 

So, a back 4 of:

Some will argue that the left side lacks experience but in those 2 we have future full England prospects, proven by their U20 & U21 credentials.

Note I have left out sick note Baker but him, Hunt and [when ever he overcomes whatever it is that's keeping him out and I don't buy the bad back story] Wright on the bench the options look pretty sound to me.

Shame we don't have this strength in depth in the middle. It'll be a crime if LJ doesn't start Walsh against lowly Reading on Saturday 

Kalas, when interviewed, and asked "why Bristol City", answered because he would play CB.

29 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Hunt is our best right back since Bradley Orr. People will catch up soon

I think that's more of the fact we haven't had any decent right backs for some time rather than how good Hunt is.

That being said, not as bad as some people make out. I like how forward he gets.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I don't get why fans don't rate Hunt. Had a few bad games but other than that he's been very good imo

The Owls fans were split on Hunt. Some were unhappy that he’d moved on and others were indifferent.

He’s done a decent job. Defends well enough, gets forward well but as the Owls fans pointed out his crossing is often disappointing.

It’ll be interesting to see the competition for the rb slot when Pisano is available again...

Considering City lost Hordour, Flint and Bryan, LJ has done a good job in recruiting Kalas, Webster, Dasilva and Hunt and with Baker and home grown Kelly the defensive unit looks pretty strong.

Let’s  hope LJ can do the same with the midfield this window...........:cool2:

4 hours ago, headhunter said:

So, a back 4 of:

Wright wants out after what happened last season and being booed by the City fans. LJ keeps fabricating illnesses and injuries to cover it up so don't expect to see him play again. Will be moved on in January

30 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Wright wants out after what happened last season and being booed by the City fans. LJ keeps fabricating illnesses and injuries to cover it up so don't expect to see him play again. Will be moved on in January

Don’t quite think that’s right. 

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

Source?

I'm fed up of people coming on this forum and spouting unsubstantiated shite like this. Do they want to appear 'in the know'? Or are they just looking to cook up drama around the club?

2 hours ago, INCRED said:

Source?

Or is this just more made up bollocks?

Tbf, Wright never impressed me as a defender, capable but nothing special. 

If he moves on it’ll be for a very nice signing on fee...........

5 hours ago, INCRED said:

Seems strange that he is quite often the co-commentator on BCTV if he’s so keen to leave.

10 hours ago, INCRED said:

LJ sees Wright as his only leader and so he wants him back in the squad as soon as possible, he hasn't been making up any injuries or illnesses.... 

Archived