IGNORED

out of my seat

where's the joy

i cant blame LJ for the football he has had to serve us this year because he lost his enforcer in KS, has had to play MP too far back and is in danger of burning JB out.

But there is some really good talent in the forwards coming back from injury, who are close to joining the fun and i for one am really looking forward to seeing two players who will make us jump out of our seats.

so lets keep ticking over before we can cut loose and have a great second half to the season; provided Adelakun and Eisa are not rushed back before they are ready i think we will start playing in a much more exciting way. 

Not trying to piss on your chips, and I am looking forward to seeing how good these two are. But it does sound like pinning our hopes on two promising lower league players, who have yet to start a Championship game. The little of Eisa I’ve seen he looked busy, never seen t’other bloke so I’ll reserve judgment. Love the enthusiasm though. ?

The only time Ive seen Eisa is when he came on against Bmuff preseason. 

I realise it was just a warm up match but within minutes of coming on he’d fired off a couple of shots at goal and looked pdg.

The other guy, Adelunkan I’ve not seen at all.

When they’re fully fit both of them will have to impress the coaches in training to convince LJ that they warrant a place in matchday squad.

I commented after the Hull game that I was only 'out of my seat' 1.5 times during the game. A really unsatisfactory game saved only by the late winner.

Against Stoke probably 7-8 times, a great display by City ( in the 2nd half) really exciting attacking football with loads of goalmouth action/chances.

Which game did I enjoy more?

The Stoke defeat by a mile, proper entertainment.

There are regular threads on here about whether we would take boring 1-0 wins over an exciting 3-3 draw.

You can take the boring football and tight wins - or maybe 0-0's - only if there is an end result, i.e. consistent wins leading to promotion, or when a period of extremely cautious displays leads to grinding out the points to stave off relegation.

If we're to be a mid table team we need, and deserve, entertainment and long may we see games like Saturday where the crowd leaving on Ashton Road are in high spirits and buzzing with talking points even after an incredibly unfortunate loss.

We won't be that unlucky again, so if we are capable of football like that please go for it from the start at home LJ, and after whole hearted exciting performances like Saturday there'll be no complaints when it sometimes doesn't come off.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I commented after the Hull game that I was only 'out of my seat' 1.5 times during the game. A really unsatisfactory game saved only by the late winner.

Against Stoke probably 7-8 times, a great display by City ( in the 2nd half) really exciting attacking football with loads of goalmouth action/chances.

Which game did I enjoy more?

The Stoke defeat by a mile, proper entertainment.

There are regular threads on here about whether we would take boring 1-0 wins over an exciting 3-3 draw.

You can take the boring football and tight wins - or maybe 0-0's - only if there is an end result, i.e. consistent wins leading to promotion, or when a period of extremely cautious displays leads to grinding out the points to stave off relegation.

If we're to be a mid table team we need, and deserve, entertainment and long may we see games like Saturday where the crowd leaving on Ashton Road are in high spirits and buzzing with talking points even after an incredibly unfortunate loss.

We won't be that unlucky again, so if we are capable of football like that please go for it from the start at home LJ, and after whole hearted exciting performances like Saturday there'll be no complaints when it sometimes doesn't come off.

Was about to post that someone posted last week about rating a game based on how many times they got out of their seat. It was you. 

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was about to post that someone posted last week about rating a game based on how many times they got out of their seat. It was you. 

Not sure it that is an observation, an accusation or even a compliment Dave! ;)

Archived