IGNORED

Hollowhead attempts to stay relevant

Septic Peg

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-news-hollowa-butland-2161895?fbclid=IwAR2tXbqIocHv0iZzMYjPIB6EBfO-V6bmmFGsje-bemlkYEM6y3OSVmuuCmE

Holloway's message

Ian Holloway has risked the wrath of Bristol City fans as he claims that the Robins need their fierce rivals Bristol Rovers.

Speaking on the first episode of Bristol Live's new Subs Bench series, the former QPR boss made clear that he thinks closer competition is good for the clubs.

It's now 18 years since the Gas were last above City in a league table.

He said:“The funny thing is that we [Bristol Rovers and Bristol City] need each other.

“When Rovers were failing a couple of years ago – and Darrell has done brilliantly to get them back – when they were failing, it affected City, I don’t care what you say.

“You need some competition and the closer they get, the better it’s going to be.”

Good old Ian. Making a few quid by name dropping nowadays. Prat.

23 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

When Rovers were failing a couple of years ago – and Darrell has done brilliantly to get them back – when they were failing, it affected City, I don’t care what you say

It definitley affected me. My sides split :laugh: 

49 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

He said:“The funny thing is that we [Bristol Rovers and Bristol City] need each other.

“When Rovers were failing a couple of years ago – and Darrell has done brilliantly to get them back – when they were failing, it affected City, I don’t care what you say.

“You need some competition and the closer they get, the better it’s going to be.”

By "affected us" if he means we all went up the Miners to drink and split our sides as they got relegated to non-league then yes, I was very, very affected.

6 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

People claim they are irrelevant and yet we have a 43,000 post topic about them which just never goes away?

Curious. 

Relevant, as things stand, for comedy value Tommy but do we 'need' them? I can't see why we would but am prepared to listen to why people think we might. 

I'm not doubting what people say and I've no time for Hollowhead- fact he's on the Football League Show on Quest, I don't know...

However I have watched back that vid several times and I am yet to hear the "Dead City fan quote" I did hear however him encouraging fans to go and taunt City fans with 3-0. A game called 'Find a City fan' and the whole 3-0 taunt.

4 hours ago, tommy_b said:

People claim they are irrelevant and yet we have a 43,000 post topic about them which just never goes away?

Curious. 

Tbf that thread just is normally just poking fun at tin-pot embarrassing items, such as: temporary stands, Santa's grotto, Wael's lack of money, how Gas heads are still queuing to get into Wembley.....

Their forum actually obsesses over our club, funding, performances, future etc. A while back, post Man Utd and Pre Man City, they had a thread called 'Elephant in the room' where they openly admitted they'll never compete with us and the younger generation of Bristolians will choose Ashton Gate over the mem.

I can’t see how we have suffered since they dropped out the league, however I do enjoy the ‘rivalry’ and banter and the Bristol derby is definitely something I miss, albeit they are very nerve wracking affairs but that’s what makes football great, the fear of losing and then winning, so wouldn’t want it never to happen again, but  I wouldn’t want us to get relegated or them to get promoted to make it happen

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm not doubting what people say and I've no time for Hollowhead- fact he's on the Football League Show on Quest, I don't know...

However I have watched back that vid several times and I am yet to hear the "Dead City fan quote" I did hear however him encouraging fans to go and taunt City fans with 3-0. A game called 'Find a City fan' and the whole 3-0 taunt.

Wrong clip - this is edited ‘highlights’ peppered with the Gas goals against us at Twertin  Mark my words, he definitely said it and it’s out there somewhere. 

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

As I seem to recall he got vile abuse about his profoundly deaf kids which might have tempered his view about city fans a bit.

I think he's a **** who is an embarrassment to the region with his dopey Vicky Pollard impersonation by the way so not one of those odd Reds who seem to be fans of his.

48 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

Wrong clip - this is edited ‘highlights’ peppered with the Gas goals against us at Twertin  Mark my words, he definitely said it and it’s out there somewhere. 

That explains it then.

Perhaps @Loon plage that explains his views. That notwithstanding, no fan of his either- his public profile is surprising (and annoying).

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

If D.C. left I am pretty sure that Holloway would distance himself from the job ( unless there was a massive injection of capital into the club ) .

We could then see really how much the Gas means to Mr H , as they say talk is cheap.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13192/anybody-interested-subs-bench

Does anyone else get the feeling he's trying to get his foot in the door for when DC does eventually go? Not that I'm in any rush for that to happen by the way.

1 hour ago, Undy English said:

Tbf that thread just is normally just poking fun at tin-pot embarrassing items, such as: temporary stands, Santa's grotto, Wael's lack of money, how Gas heads are still queuing to get into Wembley.....

Their forum actually obsesses over our club, funding, performances, future etc. A while back, post Man Utd and Pre Man City, they had a thread called 'Elephant in the room' where they openly admitted they'll never compete with us and the younger generation of Bristolians will choose Ashton Gate over the mem.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11303/elephant-room

I’m hurting a lot right now yet directly this has very little to do with us. If they make it into the premier league we’re in big trouble. Not based on present support, as that will get by. But for the future. Kids won’t want to come and see us.

1 minute ago, glen humphries said:

Have you got a soft spot for him, with you being slightly gassy?

He’s a Bristolian.He’s never done me any harm and simply because he’s 100% a gashead some posters on here dish out the shit because they obviously think that what you do as City supporter........................:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

He’s a Bristolian.He’s never done me any harm and simply because he’s 100% a gashead some posters on here dish out the shit because they obviously think that what you do as City supporter........................:facepalm:

Have you ever seen the video of him singing, the only good city fans the ones that’s dead , the blokes a total *****, like I said you’re a bit gassy.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

As I seem to recall he got vile abuse about his profoundly deaf kids which might have tempered his view about city fans a bit.

I think he's a **** who is an embarrassment to the region with his dopey Vicky Pollard impersonation by the way so not one of those odd Reds who seem to be fans of his.

I can't stand Holloway for numerous reasons but credit where it's due, himself and his Mrs had to learn sign language from scratch and when he was in charge of QPR, he made sure the first team lads visited a local primary school for deaf children at Christmas, every year.

So the bloke might be a complete tool in the football world but he does have some class in other aspects.

27 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Have you ever seen the video of him singing, the only good city fans the ones that’s dead , the blokes a total *****, like I said you’re a bit gassy.

He’s passionate about the Gas - so what?

Don’t our fans sing songs slagging off the gas? 

Btw - if I’m a bit ‘gassy’ why am I banned from Gaschat? 

Archived