IGNORED

Cashless Ashton Gate ....

WhistleHappy

A cashfree bar at the Stoke game was the first step in making Ashton Gate a virtually cashfree card only venue... Confirmed on Radio Bristol... Aim is to make Ashton Gate 90% cash free next season.

Transactions and purchases to become 90% card only... Speed up service, prevents having to deal with lots of cash banking etc..

Does a non cash card only matchday experience suit you?... Thoughts...

15 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

A cashfree bar at the Stoke game was the first step in making Ashton Gate a virtually cashfree card only venue... Confirmed on Radio Bristol... Aim is to make Ashton Gate 90% cash free next season.

Transactions and purchases to become 90% card only... Speed up service, prevents having to deal with lots of cash banking etc..

Does a non cash card only matchday experience suit you?... Thoughts...

Suits me just fine. I can't remember the last time I actually had cash in my wallet. 

Even the little food market that pops up by work takes card  payments now - that was formerly the only time I'd ever take cash out. 

2 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

One of the joys of the working man is to have a few quid in his pocket to spend at football.Just something else to add too the sterile atmosphere 

Valid point. The already sterile atmosphere can only be worsened once they take away the cash paying  facilities within the stadium. Before long they will be banning anyone from carrying any cash in and out of the turnstiles. Modern football eh? whatever next?

I hate cash and always prefer card. I try to use it as little as possible. Car parks are pretty much the only thing where cash is still pretty much a necessity, because the pay by phone thing is a faff. Don’t get me started on car park pay machines that curiously aren’t able to give change - shameful. The sooner they introduce contactless card readers the better.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, cockneydave said:

Be a bit awkward for the charity collections.!

Have seen them around tube stations in London with contactless machines to collect on

Funny one I will always have cash on me, but when I am at the ground / pub I will use contactless if it is available

Equally there is a friend of mine in his 30's and he won't use contactless as he doesn't trust the banking systems

I'm all for customer service and choice... 

Think 90% non cash is a bit high myself.... Nice to have options in life, reckon an in stadium 60/40% Split between electronic payments only and card & cash accepted outlets would be optimum... preserving choices for all. 

I see businesses preference for not having to deal with cash handling makes sense for them (sane with public transport) but not to the detriment of customer convenience, and individual preference of choice...

I prefer a personal interaction shopping experience, in the sane way as I hate the 'so called convenience' of self serve supermarket checkouts - it's cold, impersonal, there's no 'service with a smile' and real people with real jobs are slowly being phased out with all this 'progress' and speeded up 'efficiency' ... we're sleep walking into an ever more 'automaton' lifestyle where machines rule and we comply

We need to make a stand and demand a preservation of choice, because although these small changes seem harmless, beneficial even, with fewer choices in life come ever more dehumanisation.... Embrace convenience and improvement but always preserve choices, without choice we are nothing... 

Change isn't bad but remember the 'change' in our pockets aint so bad either... (as we'll discover when inevitably 'computer say's no' events occur and we're frantically running around waving temporarily useless pieces of plastic in our hands.)

Buyer and seller beware!    

36 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I hate cash and always prefer card. I try to use it as little as possible. Car parks are pretty much the only thing where cash is still pretty much a necessity, because the pay by phone thing is a faff. Don’t get me started on car park pay machines that curiously aren’t able to give change - shameful. The sooner they introduce contactless card readers the better.

I've yet to come across a car park pay point that requires any manual intervention - just stick your card in and and it takes yer money with no pin required, more or less "contactless". I use Ringo for paying for parking over the phone in most places, once you enter the initial details it is very quick thereafter. 

I've rarely got cash on me and use contactless for most things so this move from the club is business as normal for me but I can understand some people not liking it..

2 minutes ago, joenaldo said:

would help if they could get people who can actually pour a pint - almost every ground has lemons who cant work out simple bar things

Don't worry pretty soon you'll be 'served' a perfect pint time after time via a super efficient vending machine, in some kind on lemon free bar … please step on the floor conveyor belt for trouble-free conveyance to the next available bar service point, no need to wave that tennner in the air sir, just insert your card of wave your near field electronic app close to the screen, type your drinks order and it will be vended immediately … please acknowledge receipt of your personal 'thankyou, have a nice day' on screen message and step off the conveyor..  

How's that for service?..  I can't wait can you?  

I don’t use contactless and sometimes use cash. What kids with their pocket money? How will they buy stuff?

I was in Asda a couple of years ago when their machines went down, absolute chaos as they tried to use manual card machines that you had to sign a slip of carbon paper

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

All good for many, but the older generation are not ones for changing. I still think they need the option of cash at the bars

We are not the dinosaurs that you believe we are. Only a very small minority queue at the Post Office each week for our pension and those that do that, are probably not well off enough to come to watch City or Bris.

Archived