IGNORED

WSM V Torquay Utd

Port Said Red

I am working up in Manchester unfortunately, but I was wondering how many of you have been tempted to go to WSM tonight to see them play Torquay? Potentially 4 City youngsters playing for TU barring injuries and George Nurse playing for WSM, along with someone who was once a "promising youngster" here Tristan Plummer....

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not going but would love to hear how they get on if anyone is. GJ said Opi Edwards and Janneh will both be championship players one day. Not sure if he's said that about the other 2, but all 4 look very promising.

That's a big call for players of their age and inexperience, especially Hannah. Hope he's right.

48 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not going but would love to hear how they get on if anyone is. GJ said Opi Edwards and Janneh will both be championship players one day. Not sure if he's said that about the other 2, but all 4 look very promising.

Yes would be good. Torquays Youtube channel is really good for highlights packages btw, I have seen a lot of the goals from our lads on there, I always try to post a link in the loan Watch thread if possible.

This is actually from Wealdstone's perspective, but have a look at 3:10 onwards to see a lovely combination between Edwards and Jennah to create the first goal for Edwards and then two assists from Lemonheigh-Evans. 

1 hour ago, Fatalist said:

That's a big call for players of their age and inexperience, especially Hannah. Hope he's right.

I’ve seen Torquay 3 times so far this season, and will probably go again on Saturday (it’s 6 miles down the road) - and I would also say that Jake Andrews has huge promise - he has a dream of a left foot - they all need to maintain their improvement and hopefully will get a chance at City

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

From what I've seen this season at Torquay, I'd say the other two have as big a chance if not bigger.

Connor L-Evans ran the show in the last round of the cup and Jake Andrews, who missed that game, is probably their player of the season so far

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes would be good. Torquays Youtube channel is really good for highlights packages btw, I have seen a lot of the goals from our lads on there, I always try to post a link in the loan Watch thread if possible.

This is actually from Wealdstone's perspective, but have a look at 3:10 onwards to see a lovely combination between Edwards and Jennah to create the first goal for Edwards and then two assists from Lemonheigh-Evans. 

Even discounting the GJ-LJ link, I suppose it makes sense that if you are bringing in multiple loanees, then providing all are the required quality then getting them from the same club is a bonus.

They will already know each others style and have reasonable on pitch understanding (in theory).

You just have to make sure this doesn't come at the cost of forming on pitch understanding with your other players.

Yes, full wheely bin thrown into the box.

They brought about 1200. 

Good game good atmosphere.

Though Police were called at the end as it wasn't segregated and there were a few signs of trouble.

Weston need a win

9 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I hear a number of torquay supporters didn't take westons late equaliser too well! 

Talk of a bin being thrown at the Weston goalscorer 

The main stand behind goal was prob 75% Torquay and a few Weston in the far corner (to where I was stood) was all fine until 1 clearly smashed Weston fan decide to walk past the Torquay fans waving his scarf haha few Torquay fans came had confronted him was all a bit hand bags. 

But it yes when Weston scored the Weston players ran up to the Torquay fans and gave it a bit and a wheelly bin got thrown onto the pitch. ?

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

The main stand behind goal was prob 75% Torquay and a few Weston in the far corner (to where I was stood) was all fine until 1 clearly smashed Weston fan decide to walk past the Torquay fans waving his scarf haha few Torquay fans came had confronted him was all a bit hand bags. 

But it yes when Weston scored the Weston players ran up to the Torquay fans and gave it a bit and a wheelly bin got thrown onto the pitch. ?

I know I am going to regret saying this, but I was led to believe the idiot with the scarf was mouthing off about Bristol Rovers

5 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I know I am going to regret saying this, but I was led to believe the idiot with the scarf was mouthing off about Bristol Rovers

Really haha I didn’t really hear only seen when the few Torquay fans came towards him. Was all very funny but could of got nasty 

2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Really haha I didn’t really hear only seen when the few Torquay fans came towards him. Was all very funny but could of got nasty 

I see the equaliser came after Torquay were down to 10 men. How did our lads play apart from their goals?

Archived