IGNORED

stand by for extra sniffer dogs at Reading

Never to the dark side

Bristol city safety officer has been using this initiative since the beginning of the season.

the police service can share details of persons arrested and charged with Bristol city and have the appropriate data exchange protocol in place .

the club and us are keen to continue the good start we have had where there has only been one smoke grenade linked to city fans and that was the opening game of the season.the person responsible for that was arrested on the day and subsequently charged to court. 

The recent smoke grenade from the stoke fan was also also detected and one male arrested and also charged to court .

both incidents were caught on club cctv 

34 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Anything happen to the one at Brentford @JulieH

Also, if I went to a Bristol bears game and left off some smokes, would I be arrested? Genuine question I don’t know the answer, is it just related to football?

Didn’t get the one at Brentford unfortunately 

if at a rugby game they  wouldn’t be arrested under the same legislation as it is specifically for regulated football games. They could still be arrested if other offences became apparent like assault, criminal damage or a public order offence where persons could feel distressed as a result of the smoke./ fumes etc 

i have previously arrested charged and then been convicted in court  someone for a public order offence when a smoke grenade was ignited inside a pub causing considerable distress to many , it is wholly dependent on the circumstances to be honest 

13 minutes ago, JulieH said:

if at a rugby game they  wouldn’t be arrested under the same legislation as it is specifically for regulated football games. They could still be arrested if other offences became apparent like assault, criminal damage or a public order offence where persons could feel distressed as a result of the smoke./ fumes etc 

i have previously arrested charged and then been convicted in court  someone for a public order offence when a smoke grenade was ignited inside a pub causing considerable distress to many , it is wholly dependent on the circumstances to be honest 

Just like the beer scenario. Why is it effectively one rule for one, one rule for another?

Surely it should be a stadia legislation. No matter what Stadium I’m in and no matter what I’m doing in that stadium. Basketball, Rugby, Football, Concert, Ice Skating if I set off a smoke bomb I should be dealt with the same across all boards. 

Seems as if Football will never be treated the same as other sports 

23 minutes ago, JulieH said:

So I could of gone to the Bears game tonight and let off as many smoke bombs as I like with no worry yet let one off next Saturday in the City game and cop a fine, long ban and criminal record, how is this right?

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Double standards, sounds like a load of b*llocks to me. Considering we’re constantly told about how stretched police resources are and all the cuts that are taking place you never seem to fail to find enough officers to over police a football game, film innocent football fans and do hours of due diligence on someone who let off a ****ing smoke bomb. 

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

isn't that footballist ? that must be a crime ?

1 hour ago, harrys said:

So I could of gone to the Bears game tonight and let off as many smoke bombs as I like with no worry yet let one off next Saturday in the City game and cop a fine, long ban and criminal record, how is this right?

Ask your MP to raise it with the Homes Secretary, who will probably make reference to the behaviour of supporters in the 1970s and 1980s, and then, after years of lobbying, saw draconian measures introduced that have ensured football fans get treated like second class citizens.

You can't point the finger of blame entirely at past government officials however, these were behaviour led decisions.

Anyone else remember what Thatcher wanted to introduce that football ID scheme?

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Ask your MP to raise it with the Homes Secretary, who will probably make reference to the behaviour of supporters in the 1970s and 1980s, and then, after years of lobbying, saw draconian measures introduced that have ensured football fans get treated like second class citizens.

You can't point the finger of blame entirely at past government officials however, these were behaviour led decisions.

Anyone else remember what Thatcher wanted to introduce that football ID scheme?

At the end of the day though times have moved on and it’s about time innocent football fans (who are the vast majority) got treated in the same way as any other sport i.e. safe standing, drinking during games etc, after all home and away fans will still be segregated so really can’t see this causing any issues

Archived