IGNORED

Prediction today

barneyrubble

39 minutes ago, Barney red said:

Fancy us to win today if Lj gets selection right .After last week Walsh must start. We also need to be brave and get an early grip on the game rather than keep it tight first. If we can get ahead and keep playing they may crumble. Would start with Matty to annoy their back four.

See us winning 3 1. 

Unfortunately that is a very big IF, agree with you though a game that is there to be won should LJ gets it right.

Nice and local for me today, so no early drive down to the Gate

Interesting viewing here - https://footystats.org/england/reading-fc-vs-bristol-city-fc-h2h-stats

Lots of Reading fans at work - all certain we will get all 3 points today. They've not won back-to-back home games in over 18 months and most feel they are going down this year unless something radical changes.

As others have stated  - I think we need to get into them early and they are clearly a side lacking confidence, though I think they will score.

I'm going 2-1 to City - on the basis we score first and then kick on and go 2-0 up with Reading getting a late consolation. If we go 1-0 up and then sit back and try to keep the clean sheet at the expense of attacking, then we will regret it and it will be 1-1.

Danger man - Barrow the winger. He will cause our full-backs problem, especially Hunt if they put Barrow on the left. Lots of pace and not afraid of taking his man on.

1 hour ago, reformed_red said:

Can see a 3-1 for us today.

Hoping for;

Max

Hunt      Kalas     Webby     Jay

Marlon    Walshy

Eliason            Josh            Callum

Taylor

Like that except I am not sure where a goal comes from. I’d probably play Watkins for O’Dowda. Watkins is a decent finisher and O’Dowda is Freeman like in his lack of goals. You still get the same work rate too just lose a bit 1v1. Also wouldn’t mind seeing Weimann in for Taylor and Taylor for Brownhill. Not that Brownhill can’t play it, he can and I think would do well. Just that he and Pack never get rest so maybe a chance to keep him a bit fresher. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Like that except I am not sure where a goal comes from. I’d probably play Watkins for O’Dowda. Watkins is a decent finisher and O’Dowda is Freeman like in his lack of goals. You still get the same work rate too just lose a bit 1v1. Also wouldn’t mind seeing Weimann in for Taylor and Taylor for Brownhill. Not that Brownhill can’t play it, he can and I think would do well. Just that he and Pack never get rest so maybe a chance to keep him a bit fresher. 

So you like it, apart from wanting to make 3 / 4 changes ??

3 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

So you like it, apart from wanting to make 3 / 4 changes ??

Exactly! No I meant Watkins is the only change I would make. Everything else I am good with, I can just find different reasonings to change it up a bit more. Had to pass the time with more words!

51 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Exactly! No I meant Watkins is the only change I would make. Everything else I am good with, I can just find different reasonings to change it up a bit more. Had to pass the time with more words!

Just checked in to our hotel. 3 more hours of drinking and debating the formation until making our way down to that soulless bowl.

To be fair; I’ve since changed my mind on that team and formation anyway ?.

On balance LJ will probably go;

Max

Hunt     Kalas      Webinho    Kelly

Pack        Brownhill

Paterson         Paterson        Paterson

Paterson

Archived