IGNORED

Cutters Friday fc - what do you know?

reddogkev

Living in Stockwood, I often drive past the signs for this club, but know nothing about them.  I sometimes wonder about going to watch a game.

Anyone here ever see them play or know anything about the club?  I'm about to check out Google now, but interested to hear any comments / views.

Just found this on the Net:

About Cutters Friday

We are currently playing in the Somerset County league and the Bristol and District League. We have three teams with two playing county level and one playing Bristol and District. We have been going since 1989 and have two football pitches and clubhouse. Season on season we are looking for players who would like to try something new or get into another level. The Somerset Pre is a feeder to the Western League Division One Great bunch of lads with social activities taking place and the great end of season tour.

Their manager is listed as Neil Soper.

Anyone here ever see any of their games / play for them?

Cutters are a good club who have fallen on hard times lately and dropped down the leagues but as recent as say 4 years ago were top team in the area.

You are spoilt for choice as you have Cutters, Hengrove, Bristol Telephones,Stockwood Wanderers & Stockwood Green within a 1/4 of a mile of each other. 

Personally, would always go to Stockwood Green as flying at moment and a great set of lads and very friendly.

1 hour ago, Shuffle said:

Cutters are a good club who have fallen on hard times lately and dropped down the leagues but as recent as say 4 years ago were top team in the area.

You are spoilt for choice as you have Cutters, Hengrove, Bristol Telephones,Stockwood Wanderers & Stockwood Green within a 1/4 of a mile of each other. 

Personally, would always go to Stockwood Green as flying at moment and a great set of lads and very friendly.

Excellent info, cheers.  Amazing, lived in Stockwood since 2008 and never heard of Stockwood Green!  Where do they play?

2 hours ago, Shuffle said:

I enjoyed my injury-hit spell at Stockwood Green too, even if I had to put up with you! ?

@reddogkev Re Cutters Friday, they started as a Sunday team (from the Glass Cutter pub in Hengrove which is now flats), and I guested (ringer!!!) for them a couple of times, the season before they joined the Somerset Senior League.  There were a group of lads a couple of years below me at Hengrove school who used to “live” in the pub, some of whom were decent players and formed the basis for that team.

2 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Watched telephones a couple of weeks back , they are bloody awful, actually felt sorry for their management team.

They're a multi-levelled amateur club. Their highest team plays in the Saturday County League I think? Their lowest plays in the Bristol Sunday Prem, Division 4. 

They have three Sunday teams, all confusingly named:

Cutters Friday Sunday

Cutters Friday Sunday Reserves

Cutters Friday Sunday A

However, the Reserves were recently booted from the league for assaulting a referee, an incident which resulted in the police being called to attend. Consequently, their reserves now play for their 'A' team and have completely unbalanced the fourth division - you know, standard Sunday football poorly organised league shite. 

The ground is nice, for Bristol, and the guys that run the bar up there aren't bad folk for Stockwood.

There is another team that plays at the same ground, wear the same kit colour, newly set up club called Digital Dash who are truly awful, and sit firmly bottom of Division 4. 

51 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Watched telephones a couple of weeks back , they are bloody awful, actually felt sorry for their management team.

Interesting to hear this, I assumed that they would be of a relatively decent standard looking at their pitch/set up.

38 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

They're a multi-levelled amateur club. Their highest team plays in the Saturday County League I think? Their lowest plays in the Bristol Sunday Prem, Division 4. 

They have three Sunday teams, all confusingly named:

Cutters Friday Sunday

Cutters Friday Sunday Reserves

Cutters Friday Sunday A

However, the Reserves were recently booted from the league for assaulting a referee, an incident which resulted in the police being called to attend. Consequently, their reserves now play for their 'A' team and have completely unbalanced the fourth division - you know, standard Sunday football poorly organised league shite. 

The ground is nice, for Bristol, and the guys that run the bar up there aren't bad folk for Stockwood.

There is another team that plays at the same ground, wear the same kit colour, newly set up club called Digital Dash who are truly awful, and sit firmly bottom of Division 4. 

Interesting to hear this, I assumed that they would be of a relatively decent standard looking at their pitch/set up.

They play in the toolstation first division, nice set up but a crap side

6 hours ago, glen humphries said:

Watched them this afternoon - and they got their trousers rolled down and given a right spanking again! I understand they have several players unavailable and there was a recent change of management. They do have a couple of good players in the team but are struggling in what is their second season after being promoted to the Western League.

2 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Watched them this afternoon - and they got their trousers rolled down and given a right spanking again! I understand they have several players unavailable and there was a recent change of management. They do have a couple of good players in the team but are struggling in what is their second season after being promoted to the Western League.

Hope they pick up soon, seemed like a good bunch of lads.

Archived