IGNORED

Reading v Bristol City Match Day 16

Septic Peg

So this popped up on the old Twitter TL yesterday...

Scary stuff eh?

No.

It's a parody account as can be seen in some of the replies made to it. That or it's an account ran by 13 year olds. 

But it got me thinking. Ask any opposition fan and most will agree. Most Reading fans are quiet. Anyone who's ever experienced the Madejski will tell you it's boring, soulless, a bowl, no atmosphere, sterile etc. The stadium is a good distance (probably deliberately) from the town centre (2 miles) so again, a good following on the piss prior means you've sobered up by the time you've walked it.

Reading are a stuck in the mud Champ team and occasionally get maybe a play off spot and a year in the PL or drift towards the bottom of the Champ. There is little to be excited about when you think of them. They are the Everton of the Championship.

So why on earth are coach loads of City fans making that trip up the M4 as I type?

Reading (A) is probably one of the most desired fixtures on the list for us. It's been sold out for ages and OTIB, FB and Twitter are littered with pleas for spares.

Simply put, aside from the Brum clubs, Reading is our closest away day. Even Swansea (A) would take longer. So naturally, our fans will make that journey and be home in time for MOTD.

On to today...

City's sloppy seconds (technically thirds but whatever...) Sam Baldock will probably play but will make way sometime in the second half for Reading bad boy Mo Barrow who is back from suspension. 

This has a boring draw written all over it. Either 1-1 or 2-2. I can't decide.

Safe travels to all on the M4 today.

COYR!

20 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Peg, a 2-2 draw doesn't sound boring to me!

I can see City grabbing a 2-1 win, Taylor with a late winner.

Come on You Redsssssssssssss.

31 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Think  we will win 2-1. Come onyou reds!!!

Gosh, are we really going to score two goals ????

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Will is more of an all rounder, whilst Mo has made it his lifes work to focus on the transportation of grass cuttings.

Commendable, but he doesn't half make some agonised faces if his colossal grass cutting pile collapses, a real Barrow gurner.

59 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

So this popped up on the old Twitter TL yesterday...

Scary stuff eh?

No.

It's a parody account as can be seen in some of the replies made to it. That or it's an account ran by 13 year olds. 

But it got me thinking. Ask any opposition fan and most will agree. Most Reading fans are quiet. Anyone who's ever experienced the Madejski will tell you it's boring, soulless, a bowl, no atmosphere, sterile etc. The stadium is a good distance (probably deliberately) from the town centre (2 miles) so again, a good following on the piss prior means you've sobered up by the time you've walked it.

Reading are a stuck in the mud Champ team and occasionally get maybe a play off spot and a year in the PL or drift towards the bottom of the Champ. There is little to be excited about when you think of them. They are the Everton of the Championship.

So why on earth are coach loads of City fans making that trip up the M4 as I type?

Reading (A) is probably one of the most desired fixtures on the list for us. It's been sold out for ages and OTIB, FB and Twitter are littered with pleas for spares.

Simply put, aside from the Brum clubs, Reading is our closest away day. Even Swansea (A) would take longer. So naturally, our fans will make that journey and be home in time for MOTD.

On to today...

City's sloppy seconds (technically thirds but whatever...) Sam Baldock will probably play but will make way sometime in the second half for Reading bad boy Mo Barrow who is back from suspension. 

This has a boring draw written all over it. Either 1-1 or 2-2. I can't decide.

Safe travels to all on the M4 today.

COYR!

Condensed Version

Reading:

When will Hav eventually stop shagging ?

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

You're thinking of his brother Will Barrow.

Will, who worked for British Steel (like his brother Nigel) in Cumbria,  died tragically yesterday by falling into the molten metal. The headline read......Barrow in Furnace.

IGMC

Afternoon all from a rainy Tallinn,  I hope we go for a win,  but somehow feel that a draw is on the cards,  as OBJ said,  we must start with Matty if we want to get anything from this game. A 1 - 1 draw for me, but hey who knows,  if we can actually play well in the first half as well as the second,  then we could snatch a win. So COYR's

33 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Like the look of that. Cue 3-0 loss.

Exactly what I said! Good to see Walsh and Taylor included, but personally I would have done that after Hull to face Stoke, and I’m not just saying that after the loss. We shall see this afternoon.

Archived