IGNORED

Reading v Bristol City Match Day 16

Septic Peg

Not a good first half all told to be honest, awful at times.

Taylor struggling to get in the game at all. Famara not offering much more.

Brownhill and Eliasson pretty ineffectual on the wings.

Walsh in and out the game.

Dasilva being outdone to many times by Barrow.

Lots of mistakes, lack of fluidity and purpose for long periods.

Positives - well, two come back goals at least and entertaining if frustrating.

But i'm expecting a rocket at half time and a much improved second half because Reading are there for the taking.

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Positives - well, two come back goals at least.

But i'm expecting a rocket at half time and a much improved second half because Reading are there for the taking.

Are we watching the same game?

Firstly this is as poor a Reading team as I can remember.

I wasn't impressed with the closing down for both of their goals, but hey ho we are level.

We started lethargically and Pack became too argumentative with the referee but our first equaliser seemed to wake both Pack and Walsh up and we took control.

Both of our goals were well crafted from 2nd and 3rd phase balls, which is great to see.

Definite penalty for the high boot on Webster, the referee bottled that and they scored almost straight away.

Da Silva is looking dodgy.

We should be winning this to be honest.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Ok, we desperately need Diedhiou off and Weimann or Pato on. He doesn't suit this system, and doesn't suit fast, sharp passing in and around the box. I like him as a player if we play 433 with high wingers, but not in Johnson's preferred 442.

Its making us go too long too early.  When we've played shorter, Reading have chased shadows.  Taylor playing poor, ball getting stuck under his feet too often.  Needs to relax.

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Are we watching the same game?

Entertaining maybe, but that was a pretty frustrating first half I thought and we gave Reading way too much at times.

First 20 minutes we played when they let us, creating very little. Scrappy and aimless too often.

I just expect better against a poor Reading team, even away from home.

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Positives - well, two come back goals at least and entertaining if frustrating.

You cannot fault Taylors effort (unlike the player he has replaced).

The final ball to our wide men has been incredibly poor and many times 'hospital' passes, Eliasson has put in a couple of great crosses and his header under pressure across the box for Brownhill goal was brave and as I said Brownhill has scored.

Walsh woke up after our first equaliser.

For a change apart from the lethargic start and poor closing down for both of their goals, I seem more positive than you do.

As for the highlighted sentence, Reading look a pretty dour, long ball type of team, I think that is the main reason the game lacks fluidity and we do as usual over complicate moves in good positions.

This is one I expect us to win.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You cannot fault Taylors effort (unlike the player he has replaced).

Yeah effort is there - but not got in the game at all.

The final ball to our wide men has been incredibly poor and many times 'hospital' passes, Eliasson has put in a couple of great crosses and his header under pressure across the box for Brownhill goal was brave and as I said Brownhill has scored.

Agreed. Eliasson did well at times when he got in the game. Brownhill scores when he gets in the box, but largely quiet out wide, is my point with him. I think we both don't really like him out wide!

Walsh woke up after our first equaliser.

Yep and is getting stuck in.

For a change apart from the lethargic start and poor closing down for both of their goals, I seem more positive than you do.

For a change!!! ?

As for the highlighted sentence, Reading look a pretty dour, long ball type of team, I think that is the main reason the game lacks fluidity and we do as usual over complicate moves in good positions.

This is one I expect us to win.

Agreed and I hope to see us get hold of this game.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Archived