IGNORED

Reading v Bristol City Match Day 16

Septic Peg

Just the way of the championship I guess. Score 2 in 2 and get six points. Score 2 in 1 and lose the game. Our defense has been solid for the most part but had an off day. We just aren’t very good ourselves and possibly could get more out of this team with another manager yet still think we’d be short. Actually think we come up short everywhere. Recruiting midtable, coaching midtable, wages midtable, stadium and attendance midtable. Have to get better at something to have a chance. Been stagnant for at least 2 seasons now

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

We scored two goals. Defence is the problem 

Defence has always been a problem since we’ve been back in the championship. Trouble is this season we’re struggling to score goals too. 

Big January this year because by then We’re going to be deep in the brown stuff I’m affraid

1 minute ago, intercity said:

final whistle blows and 0 points again. Last week we played well and deserved much more. This week we've been undone by a very clinical Reading; how many shots on target? Problem is, we are not doing enough when we have the ball in the final 3rd and today you just got the feeling we would'nt get that equalizer 2nd half. Agree with many on here about Fammy - not doing enough and needs to be dropped. Awful touch, little contribution and if we arent getting the end product either, let's go Weiman - Taylor.

Would be my choice with what we've got too.

We don't have masses of advantages over other teams at this level, but what we do have is some very fast players compared to some sides. Let's utilise that speed. Be good to see Eisa on the bench too.

1 minute ago, no_merde said:

I think defensively we were very strong. The problem is Reading are very quick and move the ball around to well and we just couldn’t keep up. 

Chin in up lads. Going in the right direction.

what down the table you mean

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

******* dreadful. Shipping goals against shit teams. If not for Hull having awful finishing this would be 3 losses on the bounce against shit teams. 

Still starting & finishing games with multiple players out of position. This is all after 3 years in the job and millions spent. 

Bored of Johnson now. Taking us nowhere. 

He has taken us to here. Done a fine job but agreed he needs some pressure on him now. Kind of a sink or swim winter for him imo. Either push us on and be around the playoffs come January or keep us midtable or lower and go. Just not seeing growth from him and it has been his problem since he arrived. Got to be between 200-300 games managed for him now. Not inexperienced anymore

2 minutes ago, no_merde said:

I think defensively we were very strong. The problem is Reading are very quick and move the ball around to well and we just couldn’t keep up. 

Chin in up lads. Going in the right direction.

They’ll go on a losing run now and their manager will be sacked by the end of the month!

Shameful all over the pitch, LJ useless today.

How to weaken a team who in a physical game already look weak, I know bring on Paterson.

Hunt and Da Silva defensively poor all game, Brownhill wasted out wide, Pack apart from his goal poor all game, the service to Eliasson was shocking, Walsh was in and out of the game and Diedhiou is plainly not good enough, for a big bloke he is very easy to shift off of the ball, spends far too much time on his arse and takes up the most ridiculous positions when attacking, usually hidden behind a defender, 90% of the time I would say that he is a defenders dream to mark because you only have to be stronger than he is, which seems to be very easy indeed.

The midfield is far too disjointed, wake up LJ you need an influential midfielder in the January window, not the usual dross you brought in the last 2 January's, you have royally ****** up the last 2 January's, don't do it again FFS.

Today was a shocker for so many reasons.

11 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

#Johnson out!!!

You know what? To hell with it, I'm with you. He gets the team selections wrong every week, he always picks players out of form, he takes us on extended losing runs, his recruitment is crap .. the only time his teams play well is when he is forced into making a change due to injury etc. He's done absolutely nothing to warrant being in charge of a second tier football club with ambitions of the top flight. Just a shame the board won't have to balls to get rid of him. 

2 minutes ago, city1983 said:

Defence has always been a problem since we’ve been back in the championship. Trouble is this season we’re struggling to score goals too. 

Big January this year because by then We’re going to be deep in the brown stuff I’m afraid

Sorry mate big Jan, ? like the last Jan window; we have little to no attacking threat, powderpuff middle and leaky defence; don't rely on the window we wont spend nothing, just hope there are 3 worse teams than us this season........ummm?

5 minutes ago, city1983 said:

Big January this year because by then We’re going to be deep in the brown stuff I’m affrai

Can you trust Johnson with more money. Look at his track record. So many signed and so many failures.He does not know what he is doing.

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He has taken us to here. Done a fine job but agreed he needs some pressure on him now. Kind of a sink or swim winter for him imo. Either push us on and be around the playoffs come January or keep us midtable or lower and go. Just not seeing growth from him and it has been his problem since he arrived. Got to be between 200-300 games managed for him now. Not inexperienced anymore

Agreed - not sure i'm prepared to talk about managerial changes - but I agree, there is a stagnant feel to us and our football right now that is getting harder to ignore or excuse.

Big, big winter coming up for LJ.

We're a mid table team, nothing more nothing less and with our spending etc thats where we should be. 

Didn't go today as I hate reading as an away day but looking at the stats it's one of those games where we could easily have got something out of it but they were more clinical. 

I think starting with Dasilva and hunt away from home leaves us too open, I'd have gone for Kelly for his defensive attitude.

On to next weekend... 

8 minutes ago, Sturny said:

We scored two goals. Defence is the problem 

Only today, usually very good, but lack of goals is the real problem and with a CF like Fammy it won't get any better. After all, a team that was 22nd managed to score three against us because we didn't take our chances. Reading had a lot less chances than we had and still managed to win!

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Agreed - not sure i'm prepared to talk about managerial changes - but I agree, there is a stagnant feel to us and our football right now that is getting harder to ignore or excuse.

Big, big winter coming up for LJ.

He will play his 2 lower league strikers and cross everything.....then go again next summers window...whatever div we are in

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Shameful all over the pitch, LJ useless today.

How to weaken a team who in a physical game already look weak, I know bring on Paterson.

Hunt and Da Silva defensively poor all game, Brownhill wasted out wide, Pack apart from his goal poor all game, the service to Eliasson was shocking, Walsh was in and out of the game and Diedhiou is plainly not good enough, for a big bloke he is very easy to shift off of the ball, spends far too much time on his arse and takes up the most ridiculous positions when attacking, usually hidden behind a defender, 90% of the time I would say that he is a defenders dream to mark because you only have to be stronger than he is, which seems to be very easy indeed.

The midfield is far too disjointed, wake up LJ you need an influential midfielder in the January window, not the usual dross you brought in the last 2 January's, you have royally ****** up the last 2 January's, don't do it again FFS.

Today was a shocker for so many reasons.

Finding myself agreeing with you too much for my liking today mate!

A lot cried out for Walsh, I said a while back, i'm not sure he is the answer.

I think today showed Walsh isn't right for us right now, certainly in a 4-4-2 with Pack not sure which role he is going to play in that CM partnership.

11 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

But it's not as shite as last season's defence, thankfully. Small mercies ....

People suggested we would be better without Flint - who is now part of the strongest defence in this division. I'm not sure it is about individuals. More about organisation and style of play.

9 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Minded to agree with this but when he came back he scored from the bench iirc so arguably deserved to start. Since then, minimal. 

I’m also still not convinced by Taylor and on today’s form I don’t think he’s the answer. I just hope there’s enough between the 3 of them to keep us in the division because I don’t want us panic buying in January.

really pissed off with today. Even a draw would not have been good enough tbh 

I respect your opinion however I disagree. Scoring when coming off the bench shouldn't warrant an automatic start, just warrants another chance on the bench to do it again. Do that regularly then yes you've earned the right to start. We weren't a bad team when he was suspended and imo Weimann and Taylor must have wondered what they did wrong when FD came back in. I'm not necessarily a LJ out kind of guy but I wonder if a more technically sound and hard nosed mgr would have been so quick to tinker to include his "big name" player. I wish we would stop tinkering, playing players out of position play a system, stick to it and let teams worry about us instead of changing into other teams hands. Again just my opinion but I'm a very frustrated fan at the moment and feel we could be doing better

Archived