IGNORED

That was dire

cheese

1 hour ago, KeepUpLino said:

I couldn’t really give a toss, totally lost interest in the LJ way.. 3 seasons tickets for me and the kids, I don’t enjoy anymore, they don’t enjoy anymore, looking forward to watching from afar from next season... 

Been saying the same for the last few seasons. The second half of last year and this especially 

Only go now because my dad likes to go and it's something we do together. If it wasn't for him I would have packed it up by now .

Can't remember the last time I actually looked forward to going to watch City sadly 

1 hour ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Hang on 

All the stats said we battered Reading, seriously look at them.

Some you win some you dont

I despair honestly about the MH of our fans.

I'm not joking it's like their happiness is codependent on us winning everything and that is really not healthy. 

So what was your opinion on the game?

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

The year is 2048

Lee Johnson is 68

The same crowd are still saying he is "young, and will learn "

To be honest, I have stuck with LJ this season down AG.

Many have wanted him out for ages. But tonight after watching the game, yes we were better than Reading, BUT a good manager would have won that game as we controlled it for large periods.

LJ now has to step up to the table for me as he has had his “induction time” allowance. Today was a game we should have won. Reading are a poor team. Frustrated like everyone else on OTIB.

On to the next game - Preston - a must not lose game, rather than must win for me.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well... we are third of the way through the season and are in the top half, just 4 points off the play off places. 

Weve had 21 efforts at goal today, with 7 on target. 

It sounds like we’ve been undone by a wonder strike and a couple of lapses.. after generally controlling large parts of the game. 

Yes, we have lost. I’m not happy about that, but there are probably 60 other football league clubs who’d happily swap places with us. 

If you think losing 3-2 away in the championship, in a game that we’ve had more possession, efforts at goal is “dire” “with nothing positive” then I’d have to question where you’ve been during many other results & performances. 

It’s a defeat. On to the next game. 

It’s the depressing predictability of it. We let 30 odd goals go and replaced them with Weimann. Our forwards could not hit a cows arse with a banjo. 

We lost because of two defensive lapses in front of a novice goalkeeper. 

Today Pack got 25% of His seasons tally and Brownhill 20%. 

The two lads returning from injury could help but who knows?

Supporters are right to be concerned

2 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Hang on 

All the stats said we battered Reading, seriously look at them.

Some you win some you dont

I despair honestly about the MH of our fans.

I'm not joking it's like their happiness is codependent on us winning everything and that is really not healthy. 

We battered Stoke in the 2nd half.

Today was so disappointing, as said by someone else, full backs were poor. We’re lacking a striker who can simply take the oppo on, go by them & get a shot on target. Easy with hindsight but AW & MT starting would have given us more of a threat. Reading who had lost 9 out of 15 looked dire and were there for the taking.

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

So what was your opinion on the game?

I'm not that bothered

we win we lose, whatever, im interested. I dont believe in a divine right. it's so much easier to follow football that way 

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Been saying the same for the last few seasons. The second half of last year and this especially 

Only go now because my dad likes to go and it's something we do together. If it wasn't for him I would have packed it up by now .

Can't remember the last time I actually looked forward to going to watch City sadly 

Its a sad reality Andy, it’s not just us either! Nearly all the guys who sit in and around me have totally stopped going, it seems many on here and in control of the club are perfectly happy with mediocrity.. When did they forget that this is actually an entertainment business... 

For me the shit that gets served up at the gate most weeks is excruciatingly boring, the double winning Cotts season and the Gary Johnson era where fans and club had a huge togetherness seem a very distant memory right now!!

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

i gave you my answer, you can take it or leave it.. not my issue

So you don’t have an opinion on today’s game?  

But feel it necessary to speculate on the mental health of people that are giving their opinion of the game, on a website which surely exists for people to share their opinion of the club we’re all interested in? 

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

But feel it necessary to speculate on the mental health of people that are giving their opinion of the game, on a website which surely exists for people to share their opinion of the club we’re all interested in? 

nope none. We lost,  roll on the next game.

Seeing as your post seems to want to goad or bait regarding something so you can presumably feel sated. then i think i made my point.

nope none. We lost,  roll on the next game.

Seeing as your post seems to want to goad or bait regarding something so you can presumably feel sated. then i think i made my point.

Not at all, my own feelings aren’t particularly strong either way, but I’m happy to read the various views of other people without wishing to make some remark as to their mental health.

10 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

I'm not that bothered

we win we lose, whatever, im interested. I dont believe in a divine right. it's so much easier to follow football that way 

You don't work in politics do you?

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What love in? Where? Evidence please.

I don’t see any love in. I think most people, myself included, have their reservations about him. But I think some are able to acknowledge that his record here is far from terrible and that we have gradually progressed up the league each year under his stewardship, whilst working with a moderate budget.

Moderate budget?

Didn't I read BCFC lost £23,000,000 ??

2 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Not at all, my own feelings aren’t particularly strong either way, but I’m happy to read the various views of other people without wishing to make some remark as to their mental health.

so why the tension if you arent bothered?

Football and indeed sports results and mh have widely been investigated indeed theres been several threads on here before now. 

like this, sorry its a torygraph link

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/10817517/Is-watching-football-making-you-depressed.html

or this

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-15385-7

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

You don't work in politics do you?

Nope, should I?

10 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

so why the tension if you arent bothered?

Football and indeed sports results and mh have widely been investigated indeed theres been several threads on here before now. 

like this, sorry its a torygraph link

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/10817517/Is-watching-football-making-you-depressed.html

or this

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-15385-7

I wouldn’t say I was particularly ‘bothered’ to be fair, I just don’t feel it’s particularly fair that because a few people may have logged onto a football forum to have a bit of a moan about a football match, they receive the response you gave.

Speculation about their mental health and accusations of ‘their happiness’ being ‘codependent on us winning everything’ (I mean considering they support Bristol City they’ve had a nightmare if that is the case) are rather sweeping statements in response to offering their views on a football match, which surely those of us wasting our time on this forum on a Saturday evening are surely doing so to read people’s view of today’s game.

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

To be honest, I have stuck with LJ this season down AG.

Many have wanted him out for ages. But tonight after watching the game, yes we were better than Reading, BUT a good manager would have won that game as we controlled it for large periods.

LJ now has to step up to the table for me as he has had his “induction time” allowance. Today was a game we should have won. Reading are a poor team. Frustrated like everyone else on OTIB.

On to the next game - Preston - a must not lose game, rather than must win for me.

Against bogey team Preston.  ?

2 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I wouldn’t say I was particularly ‘bothered’ to be fair, I just don’t feel it’s particularly fair that because a few people may have logged onto a football forum to have a bit of a moan about a football match, they receive the response you gave.

Speculation about their mental health and accusations of ‘their happiness’ being ‘codependent on us winning everything’ (I mean considering they support Bristol City they’ve had a nightmare if that is the case) are rather sweeping statements in response to offering their views on a football match.

So your posts are spoiling for a 'fight'  ?

football is so much easier to follow when you arent looking to argue the toss on the net. the proof is in multiple articles including the ones i posted.

It DOES affect MH and is seen time and again on here with some properly distressing and depressing threads after every loss. my last post before today were a month ago, when yet again the board imploded because we lost.Same again tonight it's not healthy.

Hope you have a fab weekend but i'm done with this because its not going anywhere.

So your posts are spoiling for a 'fight'  ?

Hope you have a fab weekend but i'm done with this because its not going anywhere.

I mean I absolutely wasn’t ‘spoiling for a fight’, but as you rightly say, neither of us are going to achieve anything by continuing this, and I doubt it’s making an interesting read for anyone else, so yeah best to leave it. 

49 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

There was absolutely no progress today were were shocking against a very poor team 

I was really disappointed. 2nd half we were shocking what on earth got said at HT? I have gone past caring about LJ if he stays here long enough he will get us relegated.

5 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

I couldn’t really give a toss, totally lost interest in the LJ way.. 3 seasons tickets for me and the kids, I don’t enjoy anymore, they don’t enjoy anymore, looking forward to watching from afar from next season... 

don't think you will be the only ones.

2 hours ago, bearded_red said:

look at the number of posts he has then look at the positive votes, tells you all you need to know.

Could there be better opponents than Bristol City for a team in trouble, needing points, riven with disputes and with a failing manager ?( Reading)

The City showed them far too much respect, as they do to many other teams in the division. We have no strikers (agree that Diedhiou was awful today- apart from one shot,

what did he do?) and did not look at all a threat to a very poor Reading side.  

Spent in excess of £100 and fourteen hours of time on the match today and am wondering why ?

Archived