IGNORED

Anyone else worried?!?

Full nelson

2 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

A couple of more bad results and we won't be looking so mid table.

With our favourites Preston up next, I am more worried about what's below us than above.

And by the same token a couple of good results will see us in the playoffs. It’s a tight league where there’s actually very little gap in quality between the majority of sides. 

We’ve a mid table squad and we’re in mid table. I really don’t get the hyperbole. 

3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

A couple of more bad results and we won't be looking so mid table.

With our favourites Preston up next, I am more worried about what's below us than above.

And a couple of good results could see us in the play off picture again. Our results so far this season show wins are just as likely as defeats.

Sorry for the balance.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And by the same token a couple of good results will see us in the playoffs. It’s a tight league where there’s actually very little gap in quality between the majority of sides. 

Snap!

5 minutes ago, intercity said:

Bazooka, I was thinking strikers or more specifically Fammy. His clumsiness has a negative effect all on our play in general I fear and Id like to see Weiman and Taylor given a chance - Fammy can still come on but later, much later.

Don't rate Fammy - nd based on what I've seen, doubt I ever will.

Too slow, too weak, not aggressive enough - and yeah clumsy.

We've played better without him.

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

Nor are we a relegation side. Most fans see us as a mid table side, and only a few think the sky is falling in every time we lose.

I don't disagree Leveller. 

At the same time, I don't think we've got anywhere near the performance levels of early last season at all which is slightly worrying.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah I realise that, but with some big clubs below us I fear  were going to get sucked into the basement battle.

Hope it doesn't happen just my take on it.

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

Yeah I realise that, but with some big clubs below us I fear  were going to get sucked into the basement battle.

Hope it doesn't happen just my take on it.

I get that the form isn’t good. I just don’t think we’re good enough to be troubling the top six or bad enough to be worried about the bottom three. I think we’ll end up broadly where we are now give or take a few places. 

46 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Will you go missing again once we start winning games, Glos Old Boy?

you know me to well ? nah you don't know me at all;

Posters change names all the time....why stop there go back further :facepalm:

47 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Two defeats in a row after two wins in a row.

We’ve won as many games as we’ve lost.

Everything about us screams mid table. It’s likely going to continue in the same vein all year. Are we going to get these sort of threads after every defeat?

I will never understand why certain posters revel in defeat far more than they ever delight in victory. The same names cropping up time and time again.

2 wins in how many?! 

41 minutes ago, Glarster Red said:

Are these threads serious or just a wind up? We created 21 chances to Readings 8... Yes we’re probably missing a top striker to put those chances away but I’d rather stay on the lookout for that striker than get a manager in that puts everyone behind the ball home and away and looks to pinch a one nil win every game.Someones going to get hammered buy us some time soon.

Good post. Last two games we've had the lions share of the play and been undone by a keeper on fire last week and a team that score 3 goals from 3 chances today. I see us as more solid this season, but we havent got the firepower right now. How many goals 17/18 cames from Flint, Brian and Reid?

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

He's changed his name?  Dammit I should pay more attention. 

Hello there young padawan ?

At the moment I am praying Mo Eisa will be the find of the decade because our front line is woeful. 

Diedhiou this season is performing like he has entered and won a competition to be a footballer, Taylor and Weimann for all their energy are secondary strikers. We play nice football at times but without a threat up front we are so easy to manage.

I'm not worried about getting relegated, what I am worried about is all the money that has been wasted on players and he still can't get a starting 11 right with sticking to a 4-4-2, players out of position and generally not playing well. Is he a good motivator? Do players respect him?

17 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Just had a look at our site it seems your man Lee goes missing when we lose and DH is the man to face the music. Prep for when DH and JM takeover sometime in the future no doubt. ?

17 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I get that the form isn’t good. I just don’t think we’re good enough to be troubling the top six or bad enough to be worried about the bottom three. I think we’ll end up broadly where we are now give or take a few places. 

Not bad enough too go down.....??

I guess that's the same as too good & history is littered with them.

The concern I think for many is that Lee hits the epic 'bad spell trail again-but without the currency/safety net that last season we had at our disposal...

17 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Two defeats in a row after two wins in a row.

We’ve won as many games as we’ve lost.

Everything about us screams mid table. It’s likely going to continue in the same vein all year. Are we going to get these sort of threads after every defeat?

I will never understand why certain posters revel in defeat far more than they ever delight in victory. The same names cropping up time and time again.

and being relentlessly optimistic is pretty annoying as well.

Archived