IGNORED

7 points off.

pillred

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

And we are 4 points of the play offs, what's your point? 

Exactly. Absolutely no attempt at balance at all on here. People love to predict relegation but few dare suggest play offs. I don’t think either is likely, but statistically speaking we’re closer to one than the other.

7 points at this relatively early stage of the season is a fairly comfortable cushion; there are 12 sides with more reason than us to be worried.

1 hour ago, pillred said:

just looked at the table, now only 7 points away from bottom 3 anyone else beginning to get a little worried? and yes I know its early doors but the way things are going at the moment I'm not that confident.

Not you as well................:sleeping:

Trying not to be negative but can see little to hold on to.  if it wasn’t for two last minute goals a few games ago we  really would be dropping like a stone.  It’s clear LJ doesn’t know his best 11 and as more and more if the squad become fit and his choices and room for tinkering increases I can only see it getting worse.  How many games have we looked impressive over the past 12 months? Defensive mistakes have not been eradicated and now the team looks like it lacks goals.  I appreciate, Bobby and Aiden moving on isn’t helping but surely all teams have to deal with transfers out and I thought we invested heavily in youth a few years ago so that they would be ready in this type of circumstance.  Big financial losses, big wage bill and an inconsistent at best team.  For me I would expect the manager to know his first 11 by November and him and his staff showing signs of being able to coach out the mistakes.  Help me out guys,  what are the positives and what games have we performed well over the past 12 months to warrant a bit of optimism?

Not bothered. We will play bad and win and so forth and so on

We stay up, get promoted or get relegated as long as there's a sustainable team I'll still be there. 

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s crunch time.  Everyone is fit, bar Korey, so some serious team selection issues next week.

I will give a £1 to the first person who correctly names the starting eleven next week.  One go only.  I’ll start a new thread.

Our best form last season coincided with a few injuries and the team basically picking itself. We are now into tombola team selection and it will be hard to keep them all happy..

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

It’s crunch time.  Everyone is fit, bar Korey, so some serious team selection issues next week.

I will give a £1 to the first person who correctly names the starting eleven next week.  One go only.  I’ll start a new thread.

I'll have a go Dave.

**** knows.

But I'm 100% sure its 'My 4-4-2'.

2 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Our best form last season coincided with a few injuries and the team basically picking itself. We are now into tombola team selection and it will be hard to keep them all happy..

Ask any manager what he’d value most in any squad and he’d say ‘competition for places’........

Whoever gets selected for the match day squad depends on how much the individual player impresses in training. The coaching staff regularly mention it regardless of which one of them does the pre match interview.

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

I guess Superman has sucked out your memory cells General Zod? :facepalm:

It’s a serious question. I can’t think of many good home games and I certainly can’t think of many away games since last November and I’ve only missed a couple of games in that time.  I’m talking performances as well as results.  I’d love to stand corrected if my view is wrong though.  

Over the last 4 games we've played excellently in parts, poorly in others. There have been 4 matches that could easily have all been draws, we've got 6 points.

There's no reason to be overly optimistic, just as there's no reason to be overly pessimistic.

2 teams we should have beaten, we beat one and uncharacteristically gifted the other a couple of goals. In the other games, if we were relegation fodder, we had no right to win them and we won 1 and lost 1.

Yes we could do with taking more of our chances and LJ found out today that opening up the attack leaves the defence too exposed. Inconsistent results and inconsistent performances aren't going to get you promoted (or the play-offs) but finishing 12th, averaging 1.5 points per game (as we did over the last 4) won't get you relegated.

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

£1?

Your odds are shyte, mate.

7 off 2nd...7 off the drop

Admittedly, we are heading in a negative direction of travel- but there are quite a few bang average sides in this League, or sides hamstrung by financial constraints so we should be alright- if we finish mid table that's about par.

We played Walsh but it wasn't a 4-3-3 was it? Again LJ needs to improve tactically- problem is he is either too stubborn or incapable.

Archived