IGNORED

Diedhiou's must go

Mad brad

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

He doesn't suit Johnson's style of play, which makes him an odd signing. If we were a side like Cardiff last season, I expect Warnock loves a Diedhiou in his side. Or in fact any side that like playing a lone striker who don't do a million passes around the pitch would love Diedhiou. But he simply does not suit our high pressing, quick passing 442. I didn't think it could get any worse today, and then Johnson brings on Weimann for Taylor. Because we all know Weimann and Diedhiou link up so well, don't they..

We played our best football last season without Diedhiou. Pacey midfielders playing high up the field with Bobby on fire.

If you watched the goals video from his time at Angers most goals were scored on the counter where they had a very direct quick winger who banged in early crosses on the run for Fammy to run into the box and use his strength to attack the cross.

We don't use him like that.

10 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

If you watched the goals video from his time at Angers most goals were scored on the counter where they had a very direct quick winger who banged in early crosses on the run for Fammy to run into the box and use his strength to attack the cross.

We don't use him like that.

Which is exactly what Reading did today. Why don’t we do this?

36 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I know it's most likely his job, but I always feels he holds onto the ball just a taaaaad too long. I'd like to see him do more first touches to our pacey players 

I’d like that too but sadly the guy isn’t capable of playing one touch football. His touch is terrible. Somehow, sometimes, it works out for him, but mostly he looks like a guy with the technique of a downs league player. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

He doesn't suit Johnson's style of play, which makes him an odd signing. If we were a side like Cardiff last season, I expect Warnock loves a Diedhiou in his side. Or in fact any side that like playing a lone striker who don't do a million passes around the pitch would love Diedhiou. But he simply does not suit our high pressing, quick passing 442. I didn't think it could get any worse today, and then Johnson brings on Weimann for Taylor. Because we all know Weimann and Diedhiou link up so well, don't they..

City don't press high with him in the side because he wont. Add his touch and??? 

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’d like that too but sadly the guy isn’t capable of playing one touch football. His touch is terrible. Somehow, sometimes, it works out for him, but mostly he looks like a guy with the technique of a downs league player. 

Agreed. Bloke’s got a touch like a trampoline 

Am i correct in saying this chap is our record signing? If so i feel he had been a significant disappointment. I also find it hard to understand why we signed him considering Lee Johnson has expressed desire to play passing football and we already had Djuric?

He’s just not that good  ... our style of play is poor when he’s on the pitch, long balls to someone who has a shocking touch and the ball comes straight back, lazy, and slow on the ball ... bang average player and paid about 4.5m over the top 

2 hours ago, Top Robin said:

We played our best football last season without Diedhiou. Pacey midfielders playing high up the field with Bobby on fire.

Tbf and I do rate Diedhiou but I think we played our best football this season too whilst he was banned, since he’s been back Wiemann’s not been the same. As been said previous as good as he is I just don’t think he suits our style of play.

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Diony was suited to our style of play

I watched him last week on BT and he was still awful -

but I can see the logic in why he was signed, strong fast and will press

Blimey, so a fair few of us who were saying he wasn’t very good a year ago have finally got lots of support with this view?! The ones who admirably defended him to the hilt have suddenly gone very quiet....so, he isn’t the messiah who was gonna save us when he got back after his ban then? And it ain’t nice to be proved correct....we spent over £5m on a bloke who undoubtedly tries hard, but he just isn’t very good...and his previous staunch supporters on here seem to be getting fewer and fewer....I’d have preferred Djuric up front in this team but that’s old news....

Fam is our fall guy...... we talk about touch ...... Taylor was far worse than the very poor famara..   his record is dreadfull and is only popular because we stole him from the gas... if we had signed him from another monkey outfit we would of offloaded a long time ago.... 

3 hours ago, leadman said:

Fam is our fall guy...... we talk about touch ...... Taylor was far worse than the very poor famara..   his record is dreadfull and is only popular because we stole him from the gas... if we had signed him from another monkey outfit we would of offloaded a long time ago.... 

Taylor was 300k v 5m for Fammy .... shouldn’t it be fair to expect a slightly massive difference in quality between the 2 ? And I certainly expect more than what we’re getting from a 5m player ... 

Diedhiou and I said in January upon his injury return disrupts the team. I dont see how he 'works hard', he just doesnt. His runs are too late, his touch is poor, he isn't the quickest and doesnt win many headers. Money wasted and most his goals last season came down to the creativity and brilliance of Bobby Reid. 

He must be dropped and we need to give Eisa a go or play the false 9 with Weimann or Taylor. 

Archived