IGNORED

Watching the game in the concourse

forbespm

Nipped out for a slash at 3.25 during the game and was amazed at the amount of city fans watching the game in the concourse.

I don't understand how you can go to a game just to watch it on the tv.

During the minutes silence today the stadium observed it but you could hear the fans in the concourse.

I don't watch it in the Concourse myself- however:

1) You can stand

2) You can drink while watching (game usually on screen).

3) Put the 2 together and singing/bouncing becomes more natural- especially for away fans who are generally quite boisterous anyway!

Some years ago, there was a piece which questioned whether pubs were the new terraces. Made some sense- put priced out people in perhaps more working class pubs, where you (at that time) could smoke, drink, stand.

Will try dig it out but could say in certain circs that smoking notwithstanding that are concourses sometimes the new terraces?

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't watch it in the Concourse myself- however:

1) You can stand

2) You can drink while watching (game usually on screen).

3) Put the 2 together and singing/bouncing becomes more natural- especially for away fans who are generally quite boisterous anyway!

Some years ago, there was a piece which questioned whether pubs were the new terraces. Made some sense- put priced out people in perhaps more working class pubs, where you (at that time) could smoke, drink, stand.

Will try dig it out but could say in certain circs that smoking notwithstanding that are concourses sometimes the new terraces?

Concourse the new terrace?modern football's gone mad....i just find it strange how you can go to a game and not bother to go into the stadium!

4 minutes ago, forbespm said:

Concourse the new terrace?modern football's gone mad....i just find it strange how you can go to a game and not bother to go into the stadium!

Can you drink while watching the game in a concourse? In a sense, yes. Can you stand? Well- you have little choice but to stand!

Fans on average are noisier standing than sitting- when you stand you're more inclined to sing and chant than when sat surely?

More likely though, the fans doing it just wanted to continue drinking. :dunno:

33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can you drink while watching the game in a concourse? In a sense, yes. Can you stand? Well- you have little choice but to stand!

Fans on average are noisier standing than sitting- when you stand you're more inclined to sing and chant than when sat surely?

More likely though, the fans doing it just wanted to continue drinking. :dunno:

Sad they can,t go 45 mins without a beer

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Saw a few in the Dolman after half time during the Stoke game with pints in their hands.  Nobody challenged them even though a few by us shouted that they were not allowed to drink in the ground.

Define 'in' the Dolman?

Do you mean say on the steps between the concourse, vomitory and stand or do you mean the seats themselves?

45 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Define 'in' the Dolman?

Do you mean say on the steps between the concourse, vomitory and stand or do you mean the seats themselves?

Going back th their seats with pints.  Walking along the front row of the Upper Dolman.  I was surprised, to say the least that they got out of the Concourse with them.

The pints in the stadium at AG are probs our egg chasing brothers, who now go to both (but dont realise we cannot be trusted to behave with booze), good luck to them and from my experiance the egg chasing brigard do not become neandertal nutters with a few pints inside them, unlike a few of my footballing brothers.....

10 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

The pints in the stadium at AG are probs our egg chasing brothers, who now go to both (but dont realise we cannot be trusted to behave with booze), good luck to them and from my experiance the egg chasing brigard do not become neandertal nutters with a few pints inside them, unlike a few of my footballing brothers.....

Can't even be arsed to dispel this myth once again. Ask anyone who polices public transport who causes more trouble, football or rugby fans.

On 03/11/2018 at 21:50, forbespm said:

Nipped out for a slash at 3.25 during the game and was amazed at the amount of city fans watching the game in the concourse.

I don't understand how you can go to a game just to watch it on the tv.

During the minutes silence today the stadium observed it but you could hear the fans in the concourse.

Most likely cause is because the football being served up is F@@@@@@ @@@@.. why waste a trip watching that crap when you can have a few beers to take the edge off!!

5 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

Most likely cause is because the football being served up is F@@@@@@ @@@@.. why waste a trip watching that crap when you can have a few beers to take the edge off!!

I might try it Saturday against Preston,I,'ll just watch it on the screen in the south stand,forza concourse....

Archived