IGNORED

Teams You Dislike And Why

WessexPest

Stoke would be my pick too, surprised how many times they feature, possibly once was a Pulis thing but not sure why now. I really don’t like ManU or Dirty Leeds much either. Edit, just saw a Palace mentioned, good shout, how did I forget that lot!

Years ago I didn’t like Spurs either, but they are meh now. Walsall too maybe in the past due to playoff history. On the flip side I always like Villa and wanted to go there, horrible place, what a disappointment. 

Most teams are ok once you get chatting to their fans, we all want the same thing I guess. Even the Millwall ones we spoke to were ok towards us. 

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Portsmouth.  Vile town, full of violent retards. Plus their fans have that Gas-style "we're so loyal and special" thing going on. Conversely,  I'm friends with a couple of Pompey fans and they buck the trend.

Millwall. Obviously.

Chelsea. Obviously. 

Palace. The "we're so special" trend is powered to the max here. Perennially whiny moaners and plastic cockneys from horrible Croydon.

QPR. For 14 years I had to endure encountering the Horrible Hoops on match days because I worked in White City. Generally, fat unpleasant Cockney Wankah types.

Plymouth. See Portsmouth.

Luton. Just because of the ground really.

Forest. Living off past glories and with a sense of entitlement bigger than Cloughy's drinks cabinet.  **** off with your famous club bollocks, you've done nothing for years. Conversely, I'm also friends with a Forest fan who is unusually humble.

Lazio. Right-wing politics. Just say no.

Real Madrid. See Lazio.

Every Russian and Turkish club. See Lazio and Real Madrid.

Have a look into Istanbul Baseksahir, a very new club in terms of football (formed in the 90s) but there's quite a story.

A club with what initially seems like a genuine fairy tale type of progress (from playing in front of 100-200 and the verge of homelessness to losing the title on the final day with a 17k stadium in a couple of years).

Not sure about the fanbase as a whole now, but was told a couple of years ago that most of the fanbase they have are university students, and people who disliked (for lack of a better way to phrase things) the abuse at football, and would even chant pro-referee stuff to counter (the Turkish equivalent of) "the referee's a w*nker" 

Yet, somewhat against how you'd expect this to go, they are the "pro-government" club, with a lot of their directors having close links to Erdogan, and it is the fans of Galatasaray, Fenerbahce and Besiktas who have protested against him.

Stoke - Can't stand them for a number of reasons. Horrible club.

Middlesbrough - Worked with a massive boro fan years ago who was also a massive dick. Can't think about boro without recalling that knob head.

Talking of knob heads, Stoke and Boro also have a clueless connection which increases the dislike.

MK Dons - for obvious reasons.

Man Utd - Too many people I know are plastic Mancs. Being a supporter is about more than a £100 replica shirt and a Sky subscription. Not so gobby now are they. 

6 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Stoke - Can't stand them for a number of reasons. Horrible club.

Middlesbrough - Worked with a massive boro fan years ago who was also a massive dick. Can't think about boro without recalling that knob head.

Talking of knob heads, Stoke and Boro also have a clueless connection which increases the dislike.

MK Dons - for obvious reasons.

Man Utd - Too many people I know are plastic Mancs. Being a supporter is about more than a £100 replica shirt and a Sky subscription. Not so gobby now are they. 

You mean that just because I bought a full replica kit, Man United mouse mat, bed sheets, and official club branded clotted cream fudge, I'm not a supporter?

Blackburn.

One reason being they have a horrible kit, somewhat similar to that tinpot outfit up the road, and they are called R*vers as well.

Horrible place.

Just because they won the Prem 23 years ago, their fans still believe themselves to be a big club, and belong in the Prem.

1 hour ago, fatchers said:

Arkles isn't it? They have a stand named after it. I thought Arkle was a dead race horse. A Swindle fan I work with claims its a brewery. 

It is Arkells. They sponser the stand. If you’re not familiar with their beer. 3 bs is the most popular. It is an acquired taste that if not used to your likely to have a touch of the thrupney bits. Great for constipation. 

Swindle: what a dump, always up for sale, should've gone out of business years ago.

Notts Forest: STOP PRESS: You're NOT famous anymore and they don't like being called Notts.

Palace: What a bunch of wierdos with an orange chairman and a collection of odious managers in recent history and Jo Brand.

Queers Park Rangers: 5hitty little club with big mouth fans who seemed to have dodged a lot of FFP fines who think they're Chelsea but they're not even the size of Brentford.

Dirty Leeds: what a crackpot club with moronic fans.

Watford: dubious way of acquiring players to get them promoted.

14 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Noooo! Dundee are my Jockanese team so I hate United! 

With you all the way about the Arse though. Spurs may not have won anything important in yonks but they have far, far better fans than the mute swans fro the Emirates.

Dundee and United are actually reasonably friendly, it's St Johnstone you should  be saving your hatred for!

Apart from City and Rangers for obvious reasons, I have a healthy dislike of Hearts, Airdrie, Chelsea & Crawley Town.

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Dundee and United are actually reasonably friendly, it's St Johnstone you should  be saving your hatred for!

Apart from City and Rangers for obvious reasons, I have a healthy dislike of Hearts, Airdrie, Chelsea & Crawley Town.

Not Mansfield?

Bristol City. Because they find new and inventive ways to let me down season after season..

Sheffield Wednesday. Grew up surrounded by their fans when they were actually good and we were in, as was, division 3. At least when they lost their fans would shut up for a day or two. So wanting to see them lose to get less grief at school gradually developed into a thorough dislike of them.

Man United. 

Dislike started at the time they were relegated to the old second division, but still seemed to get as much MOTD exposure as the first division teams and the first time I sensed them being media darlings.

The dislike was heightened with their premier league dominance when football moved into it's "sexy" phase and the rise of plastic fans attracted to a winning and successful "brand". I must confess that being their struggles since Fergie's retirement, and hearing the sense of entitlement many of their fans bemoan, having known nothing but success, makes me feel better - it shouldn't, but it does!  

I hate Man U above all others.

They always had more money than anyone else for years and out-paid everyone to gain their success for years.

Then when Chelsea, Man City and others got wealthy owners, scummy Man U fans whinged about it, and still do.

Also, they always got inexplicable added-on time and dodgy decisions in their favour from weak-willed referees who were easily intimated by their managers, particularly Ferguson.

Nothing makes me wanna puke more than people from distant  places across the UK who follow United (and other top clubs), rather than support their local teams.

I'm sick of Bristolians (and others) who try to justify their allegiance to Man U, with statements like "my great, great grand-dad was born in Salford" or "Ena Sharples' cousin was my auntie's neighbour" - so effing what !

So glad we stuffed them last year.

We've done this about 400 times before on OTIB, so for the 401st time: there simply aren't enough hours in the day, or days in the week, for me to adequately convey how much I despise Wolverhampton bloody Wanderers with every fibre of my body. I get up extra early every single morning just so that I have enough time to spend praying for the entire club and all of its fans to be wiped off the face of this planet. I also don't like Bristol Rovers but I'm a lot more relaxed about that.

Southampton- come to the Gate signing ‘Shit ground, no fans’. It’s like they can’t rememeber what the Dell was like. They sing at each other from stand to stand at St.Marys, what they hell’s that all about. Also that whole coming round our neck of the woods scooping up players. I used to see their academy van driving around Clevedon. 

QPR- Billy Big Bollocks fans, shit ground, Gash connection, fpi. 

Forest/ Villa- living in the past. 

Spurs- Obsessed with Arsenal like the Gash are with us. Far too many shite spouting Spurs fans that I know that don’t even go..... 

I’ve given this some thought and have come to the conclusion that I don’t really hate any teams. With some I might enjoy it when they lose, but I don’t hate them. For non City teams that I like it’s got to be Gary Johnson’s Torquay, purely because of GJ and the way he annoys a certain person on the forum 

Archived