IGNORED

Bristol Citys Social Media (Merged)

ChippenhamRed

The content they've been putting out the last couple of months has been awful. It's got that bad, I've had to unfollow the account. 

The work they did last year was brilliant with the GIFs which got us a lot of coverage, but this year it's just putting out utter shite. 

I came on here to make a similar post. I was uneasy with the fact that Adam Baker had left, given it was probably our most 'successful' season from a media perspective. Has he been replaced by a 16 year old work experience kid? The output this season has been dreadful and is actually embarrassing.

It's amazing how social media has become the voice of the clubs. Without sounding dramatic, it really does make City feel like a different club and slightly alien. 

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Agree that the quality of the posts the club make have dropped to a level I didn't think was possible.

Was it Lisa something or another who is head of media for Bristol Sport? Maybe she knows what is going on.

Lisa Knights? @Dollymarie's friend!

1 hour ago, Super said:

Is it being run by kids these days? Piss poor.

I was chatting about this on the weekend, I don’t agree it’s good at all ( I’m embarrassed by it if I’m honest) but said it had been half term, aimed at the kids etc so kind of expected. My friend said that Twitter wasn’t for children, there is an age restriction when signing up so kids shouldn’t be on there anyway ( yes we know some are) but if this is the case, and I don’t know, then that’s even more stupid by the club than I thought.

Encouraging to hear I’m not the only one who thinks it’s an embarrassment!

I really think the club needs to reconsider the objectives of its social media output. Personally I think it’s number one priority should always be to provide information and insight that only the official account can provide. The gifs were genuinely original and entertaining but this is now a step too far in that direction, and it’s not remotely amusing. It just feels like the awkward Uncle at the family Christmas who tries too hard to be funny.

A lot of official club accounts seem to try to do “banter” now (for want of a better word). Trouble is, a lot of people aren’t very good at it.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

19 likes and 1 RT in 36 mins- will they be judged on those metrics? 

If there's any Social Media experts on here, is that fairly favourable or otherwise? FWIW, it didn't fit the mood well IMO. Are they chasing views though or?

1 RT and 28 likes from an account with 163k followers in 90 minutes is piss poor for something they would want to be shared.

Jon Lansdown tries to rebrand the club’s social media output by getting rid of Adam in the summer, and judging by how it’s gone so far he and they have badly misjudged it.

Archived