IGNORED

What's your First team ?

Oli Avonmouth Red

With everything going a bit Pear shaped atm, what do people think should be our starting 11 and Bench ... This would be mine.

4-5-1

Maiempa (excuse the spelling, all though I'd take Fielding back when ready)

Kelly (although Da Silva has made me Question it lately in good form)

Kalas

Webster ( I argue with myself info prefer Baker )

Hunt ( Hasn't been the best but With Pisano out all the time he's our only option )

Elliasson ( I do Really like O-dowda but has been playing well As a Cm for international when called Upon ) 

O'dowda

Pack

Walsh ( Korey when he's back )

Brownhill 

Diedhiou ( height and strength gets it for me in what is id say a rather small midfield) ... allthough Wiemanns And Taylor's work rate definitely makes a hard choice with it.

1 hour ago, Oli Avonmouth Red said:

With everything going a bit Pear shaped atm, what do people think should be our starting 11 and Bench ... This would be mine.

4-5-1

Maiempa (excuse the spelling, all though I'd take Fielding back when ready)

Kelly (although Da Silva has made me Question it lately in good form)

Kalas

Webster ( I argue with myself info prefer Baker )

Hunt ( Hasn't been the best but With Pisano out all the time he's our only option )

Elliasson ( I do Really like O-dowda but has been playing well As a Cm for international when called Upon ) 

O'dowda

Pack

Walsh ( Korey when he's back )

Brownhill 

Diedhiou ( height and strength gets it for me in what is id say a rather small midfield) ... allthough Wiemanns And Taylor's work rate definitely makes a hard choice with it.

4-4-2

Max O'Leary

Hunt

Kalas

Webster

Kelly

Eliasson

Pack

Brownhill

O'Dowda

Eisa

Taylor/Weimann

I'd be tempted to try 3-5-2:

Max or Maenpaa

Kalas      Webster      Kelly

Hunt                                                        Da Silva      

Eliasson     Brownhill    Walsh      

Taylor       Weinmann            

and yes I do realise I have left Pack out, he has been poor for the last 7 or 8 matches, nobody should be an automatic pick.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I see you’re a newbie..............I thought half term was over.

@oli avonmouth red

We are not all like this and welcome your input .

Why a grown man should make such a comment to someone he perceives as a youngster making his first post is beyond me

Hopefully he will see the error of his ways and apologise

7 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

@oli avonmouth red

Why a grown man should make such a comment to someone he perceives as a youngster making his first post is beyond me

???

For me, only 3 or 4 players are worthy of a guaranteed place every week and that worries me. 

Webster, Hunt, Brownhill, Kalas

This is coming from a huge Marlon Pack fan, but in the past month or so he's looking miles off it, worrying that we've got little else so have to hope he comes through this bad patch.

I banged on about Adelakun for ages, so hopefully he impresses. I think he will, he's direct, quick and skillful. Adomah-esque. He won't have to do much to get in ahead of our pathetic wingers at the moment. 

30 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I'd be tempted to try 3-5-2:

Max or Maenpaa

Kalas      Webster      Kelly

Hunt                                                        Da Silva      

Eliasson     Brownhill    Walsh      

Taylor       Weinmann            

and yes I do realise I have left Pack out, he has been poor for the last 7 or 8 matches, nobody should be an automatic pick.

Wow that's a lightweight midfield and attack. We'd get annihilated against experienced and/or physical midfields.

For what it's worth, I'd be very interested to see us try 433.

Maenpaa

Hunt, Kalas, Webster, Kelly

Brownhill, Pack, Walsh

Weimann, Diedhiou, Eliasson.

We have lots of wingers so that can be fairly interchangeable - likewise a toss up between Da Silva and Kelly. Either are fine. 

Think that formation suits our personnel.

1 hour ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Apologise ? ...............:rofl2br:

Only a newbie would start a thread about a topic we’ve had numerous times, in fact we get the same topic every time City lose a couple of matches.

I guessed that the newbie must have been at school and therefore not able to follow the ebb and flow of otib not to realise that.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Only a newbie would start a thread about a topic we’ve had numerous times, in fact we get the same topic every time City lose a couple of matches.

Not everybody has time to trawl through the countless posts and gauge what's been covered before and what hasn't.
Personally, I look at the titles on the first couple of pages.
If somebody repeats something that's already been covered, I would expect them to be informed of this in a normal way.
Jumping on a new arrival's back for this reason and making assumptions is hardly going to encourage them (or less frequent contributors) to contribute to the forum.

Would have thought most people want this forum to keep getting bigger and bigger, just as they want the club to get better and better. 

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Apologise ? ...............:rofl2br:

I guessed that the newbie must have been at school and therefore not able to follow the ebb and flow of otib not to realise that.

You really are a complete and utter nause with replies like yours on this thread. It’s a valid discussion on a discussion board. If you don’t want to contribute just ignore it!!!

9 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Not everybody has time to trawl through the countless posts and gauge what's been covered before and what hasn't.
If somebody repeats something that's already been covered, I would expect them to be informed of this in a normal way.
Jumping on a new arrival's back for this reason and making assumptions is hardly going to encourage them (or less frequent contributors) to contribute to the forum.

Would have thought most people want this forum to keep getting bigger and bigger, just as they want the club to get better and better. 

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

You really are a complete and utter nause with replies like yours on this thread. It’s a valid discussion on a discussion board. If you don’t want to contribute just ignore it!!!

Blokes a troll with too much time on his hands, best not feed him, probably enjoys the attention 

3 minutes ago, Red7 said:

You giving me a bollocking Red? .............:cool2:......... I see you’re a newbie as well.....

Point is with threads like this is that they’re pretty pointless. None of us know who is fully fit, whose  impressed in training and what set up LJ will employ to counter PNE, who have a decent record at AG.

-----------------------------------------------------Max-----------------------------------------------------

Hunt---------------------------Kalas----------------------Webster--------------------------Kelly

________________________________Pack________________________________

------------Brownhill/Walsh-----------------------------------------------D'Silva/Pato--------

--------------------------------------------------Odowda--------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------Weimann--------------------Taylor-----------------------------------

When on form...I like the thought of this team.

Imo...we are most lethal, when playing fast intricate passing around the front of the 18 yard box. And Penetrating into it. With lots of energy in both pressing and tracking back.

I think we are at our least effective when playing wide and trying to Whip balls into the error. It's so easily defended...made 50/50 and often puts us on our back foot, out of position.

As much as Eliasson as a footballer is pleasant to watch, his inclusion this season has left us weaker imo.

As for Famara...he needs to start winning more and start bullying the defenders. A man of his size and stature leaves a lot to be desired.

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You giving me a bollocking Red? .............:cool2:......... I see you’re a newbie as well.....

Didn't sound like one to me. Just outlining what a reasonable response might sound like.

Why this obsession with the word "Newbie"? I've been following the forum for years, as it happens, and probably refrained from posting for many of them because of comments like the one you addressed to the OP.

I don't recall reading anywhere on here that people who have posted thousands of comments and have been posting for years can feel free to adopt a 'holier than thou' attitude with new posters.

Especially people with such large discrepancies between their total number of posts and overall reputation. 

4 hours ago, Oli Avonmouth Red said:

what do people think should be our starting 11 and Bench

Taylor   Weimann
           Walsh   Pack   Brownhill
DaSilva   Kelly Webster  Kalas    Hunt
                 O'Leary

Subs: Eliasson, O'Dowda, Diedhiou, Baker, Maenpaa

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Point is with threads like this is that they’re pretty pointless. None of us know who is fully fit, whose  impressed in training and what set up LJ will employ to counter PNE, who have a decent record at AG.

As many seem to be at times!

At least the OP was giving an opinion - unlike the numerous threads which offer nothing then end with 'Thoughts?' or (even worse) 'Over to You'.

4 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

@oli avonmouth red

Not all of the 'dinosaur's died out during the Cretaceous period..................

I probably wouldn’t be insulting posters, especially ‘newbies’ if it was me who drove a minibus full of Bristol Rovers fans to Wembley and subsequently enjoyed the game with them.

Anyway. My first XI, as it stands, would be something like:- Maenpaa, Hunt, Webster, Kalas, Kelly, Brownhill, Pack, Walsh, Eliasson, Taylor, Weimann - in a 4-4-2

3 hours ago, Red7 said:

Taylor   Weimann
           Walsh   Pack   Brownhill
DaSilva   Kelly Webster  Kalas    Hunt
                 O'Leary

Subs: Eliasson, O'Dowda, Diedhiou, Baker, Maenpaa

A novel approach

2 keepers

A back 3

Kelly, Webster, Hunt and Kalas in midfield

and O'Leary up top

2 hours ago, David Brent said:

I probably wouldn’t be insulting posters, especially ‘newbies’ if it was me who drove a minibus full of Bristol Rovers fans to Wembley and subsequently enjoyed the game with them.

Anyway. My first XI, as it stands, would be something like:- Maenpaa, Hunt, Webster, Kalas, Kelly, Brownhill, Pack, Walsh, Eliasson, Taylor, Weimann - in a 4-4-2

or someone who used their position on the ST to undermine Gary Johnson, denied it , and was then forced to admit it to the man himself..I've had him on ignore for years and I just wish the rest of you would to so that I wouldn't have to read any of his pathetic, dog whistling drivel within threads. 

maenpa

hunt kalas webster kelly

brownhill pack walsh

taylor weiman eliasson

Archived