?????    ?????    Baker    Kelly

Hegeler

Morrell    O'Dowda

Watkins    Taylor    Weimann

7 hours ago, old_eastender said:

I'd be tempted to try 3-5-2:

Max or Maenpaa

Kalas      Webster      Kelly

Hunt                                                        Da Silva      

Eliasson     Brownhill    Walsh      

Taylor       Weinmann            

and yes I do realise I have left Pack out, he has been poor for the last 7 or 8 matches, nobody should be an automatic pick.

I like it but I’d swap NE for Pack SIMPLY because the balance doesn’t quite look right with NE essentially playing as a CM. Agree with the rest though 

52 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

or someone who used their position on the ST to undermine Gary Johnson, denied it , and was then forced to admit it to the man himself..I've had him on ignore for years and I just wish the rest of you would to so that I wouldn't have to read any of his pathetic, dog whistling drivel within threads. 

I’m glad you’ve had me on ignore and yet you still feel qualified to comment.....bit odd is that.

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

You giving me a bollocking Red? .............:cool2:......... I see you’re a newbie as well.....

Point is with threads like this is that they’re pretty pointless. None of us know who is fully fit, whose  impressed in training and what set up LJ will employ to counter PNE, who have a decent record at AG.

And none of us have a clue who Johnson will pick, what formation will be used, whether we will turn up and compete and above all, what the result will be.

I've more chance of predicting the winner of the 2022 World Cup than anything Bristol City while we have a clown as our Head Coach. 

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

And none of us have a clue who Johnson will pick, what formation will be used, whether we will turn up and compete and above all, what the result will be.

I've more chance of predicting the winner of the 2022 World Cup than anything Bristol City while we have a clown as our Head Coach. 

I’m sure that pretty much every manager has an element of his own clubs fan base that don’t think he’s the right man for the job and that someone else could do a better job - that’s just the way it is 

Most fans are of a critical nature and City fans are no exception.

6 hours ago, spudski said:

-----------------------------------------------------Max-----------------------------------------------------

Hunt---------------------------Kalas----------------------Webster--------------------------Kelly

________________________________Pack________________________________

------------Brownhill/Walsh-----------------------------------------------D'Silva/Pato--------

--------------------------------------------------Odowda--------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------Weimann--------------------Taylor-----------------------------------

When on form...I like the thought of this team.

Imo...we are most lethal, when playing fast intricate passing around the front of the 18 yard box. And Penetrating into it. With lots of energy in both pressing and tracking back.

I think we are at our least effective when playing wide and trying to Whip balls into the error. It's so easily defended...made 50/50 and often puts us on our back foot, out of position.

As much as Eliasson as a footballer is pleasant to watch, his inclusion this season has left us weaker imo.

As for Famara...he needs to start winning more and start bullying the defenders. A man of his size and stature leaves a lot to be desired.

With respect, there's nothing remotely lethal about a Weimann/O'Dowda/Taylor front three.

43 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

With respect, there's nothing remotely lethal about a Weimann/O'Dowda/Taylor front three.

Nor with Diedhiou up front with either Taylor or Wiemann.

The issue is the one we can all see but LJ doesnt  seem to see is the lack of creativity in midfield.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The issue is the one we can all see but LJ doesnt  seem to see is the lack of creativity in midfield.

True, Walsh seems to be doing a little bit atm which is great, I think Brownhill is just coasting atm which isn't too bad, Paterson form is woeful ... this is why I decided on having O'dowda more central than Brownhill and not have Paterson.

4 minutes ago, Oli Avonmouth Red said:

True, Walsh seems to be doing a little bit atm which is great, I think Brownhill is just coasting atm which isn't too bad, Paterson form is woeful ... this is why I decided on having O'dowda more central than Brownhill and not have Paterson.

Walsh needs a run of consequetive games to establish himself in the starting 11 before we get to see what he’s capable of.

That said, possibly just possibly LJ/MA might have someone lined up for the winter window but I won’t be holding my breath on that...

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Walsh needs a run of consequetive games to establish himself in the starting 11 before we get to see what he’s capable of.

That said, possibly just possibly LJ/MA might have someone lined up for the winter window but I won’t be holding my breath on that...

I believe they hoped to bring someone in on loan at the end of the window, but it was too much money.  I think it starts to show SL won’t allow willy-nilly spending anymore.  Think it will be one out / one in during January window, unless we are doing really well. 

Who knows what he will pick, but it would be nice to think that if it's 0/0 after an hour he would bring Eisa on instead of the usual tried and tested.

Certainly give the crowd a lift get everybody right behind the team. Imagine him putting us in front, atmosphere would something else.

Ok carried away, we NEVER score against Preston.

12 hours ago, Offside said:

Like others, I'd like to see us try a 4-3-3. Here goes:

GK: O'Leary

Defence: Hunt, Kalas, Webster, Kelly

Midfield: any three out of Pack, Brownhill, Smith (when fit) & Walsh.

Attack: Weimann, Taylor, O'Dowda.

Weimann, Taylor, O'Dowda in attack. I take it you're not a fan of goals?

Fielding

Kalas, Webster, Kelly

Brownhill                         Da Silva

Pack  Walsh 

Paterson/O'Dowda

Weimann  Diedhiou

I love watching us with a back 5/3 and it worked so well in the promotion winning season with Cotterill. I love a wingback who can get up and down. Don't rate Hunt at all (he makes way too many mistakes) and Eliasson can't defend so I'd have Browny and Da Silva there. I'd stick Pato or O'Dowda in a free role where they can do damage. Basically we'd be unbeatable.

7 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Weimann, Taylor, O'Dowda in attack. I take it you're not a fan of goals?

Ha! Yes, fair point.

What this really highlights is how out of form our strikers are. Weimann's goals have dried up, Taylor's goalscoring record for us is poor (despite his good work in other areas) and Diedhiou seems completely out of sorts.

Bring back Bas Savage!

Archived