IGNORED

Norwich Home live on sky?

BCFC1512

3 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Saturday 5:30 game  hearing. Any truth??down

Hope not because last time we were moved to this time we had our pants pulled down:

1. Some bloke lobbed our keeper from oInside his own half, maybe even from greville smyth park

2. We were outclassed, taught a lesson, played shite - take your pick

3. The extra drinkong time meant many were so pissed the atmosphere that day was crap (poi ts 1 & 2 above may also have contributed to this)

44 minutes ago, Walsheys step over said:

Do you think even when sky come calling 

The game will be over by 7:30 and AG mostly cleared by 8 so plenty of time for any Christmas parties that are booked to still go on - just put the start time back a bit and bung the organisers a few quid discount or a free pint for their guests and no problem.

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

Even with a 3pm kickoff, most of the game will be under lights anyway!

Yes I know, but to me there's always a different feeling with a game under lights from the off.

I stand by my general point though, it seems to help atmosphere at a lot of grounds- maybe AG is different, dunno.

@Merrick's Marvels You will be thinking of the Brighton game nearly 2 years ago? That one was poor but atmosphere started well and if Tomlin had scored that early chance...would have been a very different game.

Since then we have from memory in that slot played Boro last season, that was decent and December IIRC and Wolves which had a great atmosphere and after an hour looked like we were about to move to the next level, pulling Wolves right back into the scrap but a terribly disappointing final half hour after the Fielding red put paid to that!

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Hope not because last time we were moved to this time we had our pants pulled down:

1. Some bloke lobbed our keeper from oInside his own half, maybe even from greville smyth park

2. We were outclassed, taught a lesson, played shite - take your pick

3. The extra drinkong time meant many were so pissed the atmosphere that day was crap (poi ts 1 & 2 above may also have contributed to this)

Don't remember a Middlesbrough player lobbing frankie from half way last season? 

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes I know, but to me there's always a different feeling with a game under lights from the off.

I stand by my general point though, it seems to help atmosphere at a lot of grounds- maybe AG is different, dunno.

I always enjoy night games, but that should be on a Tuesday night. Weekend games should be played at 3pm on a Saturday! Unfortunately TV is slowly putting pay to that, at least we aren’t in the Premiership, ...... yet! :whistle:

9 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

I always enjoy night games, but that should be on a Tuesday night. Weekend games should be played at 3pm on a Saturday! Unfortunately TV is slowly putting pay to that, at least we aren’t in the Premiership, ...... yet! :whistle:

Agreed- my least favourite slots though are by far Saturday and Sunday lunchtime.

Wednesday night does knock out of kilter...then again we seem to have a solid record on it in recent times so then again. (1-0 v Hull, 1-1 v Fulham and a small moment of 'and it's Smith' :whistle: ).

29 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed- my least favourite slots though are by far Saturday and Sunday lunchtime.

Wednesday night does knock out of kilter...then again we seem to have a solid record on it in recent times so then again. (1-0 v Hull, 1-1 v Fulham and a small moment of 'and it's Smith' :whistle: ).

Yes, I despise lunchtime kickoffs! United game was a Wednesday was it, oh well I will make an exception! ?  

Archived