IGNORED

The Poppy (Merged)

Super

6 minutes ago, Crisis what Crisis ? said:

.....the irony of you living in FRANCE ( ?? ) of all places and taking this ' i'll wear it if i choose ' attitude is priceless !  Don't you think perhaps that efforts of your grandfather and four great uncles DEMANDS this tiny display of respect and appreciation from all of us , whether we are know someone that gave the ultimate sacrifice or not ?

Ultimately these people fought for the freedom not to be told what to do by a government, not to be dictated to. To make a decision over whether or not you want to wear a poppy is a much greater symbol of respect imo than just wearing one because you've been told.

Additionally, doesn't the impact of the poppy somewhat fade if you HAVE to wear it?

What stops him wearing it for strictly for WW1 & WW2 remembrance? It would be right in saying the Poppy's not just for those events but It wouldn't be surprised me more people from where he's originally from died in those wars fighting nazi/fascism than vs the English. 

Just seems anti English. There's French players who wear the Poppy and there were battles between French and English forces in WW2 with heavy casualties. I'm aware it's his personal choice and nobody should get in the way of that, I just question it 

52 minutes ago, Crisis what Crisis ? said:

.....the irony of you living in FRANCE ( ?? ) of all places and taking this ' i'll wear it if i choose ' attitude is priceless !  Don't you think perhaps that efforts of your grandfather and four great uncles DEMANDS this tiny display of respect and appreciation from all of us , whether we are know someone that gave the ultimate sacrifice or not ?

Lets get one thing very straight Pal. The fact that I live in France means sweet **** all to your argument. The fact that I spend 10 days of every 14 working in London and living in my London apartment means nothing other than you are making assumptions that are so far off beam that you are embarrassing yourself with your own stupidity due to the fact that you do not know me or my circumstances. How dare you tell me how I should respect my family members who fought and lost their lives for England. My family members lost their lives to give us ALL freedom to live and most of all freedom of speech. I have not said you cannot have an opinion but conversely have said others ARE entitled to theirs. That includes idiots like you who are up on their rocking horse sprouting crap they do not understand. I suggest you go away and give some thought to the hypocritical vitriol you are sprouting. You Sir are an idiot of the first order.

Interesting to know what people think of my take on this, both my Irish great grand-Fathers died in the 1st world war, one at Ypres and the other in Gallipoli ( thank you Mr Churchill) I put a pound in the poppy collection box every year but never take a poppy and i’ll even be down the Cenotaph this Sunday remembering, like McClean would, our brave brave ordinary men on the street who fought during those two truly awful wars, fair play to McClean as far as i’m concerned for sticking to what he thinks is right

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

How free is it when he's vilified for not wearing a badge of remembrance of all fallen Soldiers, including the likes that killed innocent protestors? 

He is getting fried by Stoke fans for walking around during a minutes silence, making comments about being a proud fenian and quoting the IRA.

3 hours ago, Super said:

Why on earth are footballers and other people getting slated for not wearing one? Surely it's a personal choice or am I wrong?

Because people should wear the Poppy, I can't stand the fact that the heroes of war can get forgotten so quickly, sadly its just the shithole society with live in.. NO ******* respect!!

1 hour ago, Crisis what Crisis ? said:

Just one other thing when you slate me for living in France. You say you are in HMP Slade which is a fictitious place that does not even exist. Do we then conclude that everything about you is just a story of fantasy and lacks any realistic insight to life. I suggest you just **** right off sunshine !! 

Shouldn't be doing shit during the minutes' silence, but up to the individual whether they wear a poppy.

Our (as in Western) actions? Seen differently abroad- see Matic's view on the poppy for reference. However he seems to have gone about it very differently to McClean. Anyway our bombing of Serbia viewed rather differently by Matic to others, and McClean with the history would certainly have a very different take on the Ireland issue.

2 hours ago, Stortz said:

Yep, part of the new cycle of outrage we endure annually now:

image.png

Doesn't snowflakism cover all 12 months

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

What stops him wearing it for strictly for WW1 & WW2 remembrance? It would be right in saying the Poppy's not just for those events but It wouldn't be surprised me more people from where he's originally from died in those wars fighting nazi/fascism than vs the English. 

Just seems anti English. There's French players who wear the Poppy and there were battles between French and English forces in WW2 with heavy casualties. I'm aware it's his personal choice and nobody should get in the way of that, I just question it 

Does any one give a **** what James Mclean does anyway? I mean who the **** is he anyway?... Irrelevant tosser!!

16 minutes ago, harrys said:

Interesting to know what people think of my take on this, both my Irish great grand-Fathers died in the 1st world war, one at Ypres and the other in Gallipoli ( thank you Mr Churchill) I put a pound in the poppy collection box every year but never take a poppy and i’ll even be down the Cenotaph this Sunday remembering, like McClean would, our brave brave ordinary men on the street who fought during those two truly awful wars, fair play to McClean as far as i’m concerned for sticking to what he thinks is right

Harry, the point here is that you can do whatever you think is right. The wars were fought for freedom and this enables you to exercise your opinion. 

11 minutes ago, harrys said:

Just to make it clear, it’s only the fact that he doesn’t wear a poppy that I agree with, i think he should of shown a bit of restraint in the things he has supposedly said/done in the last few days. On a similar note I see Liverpool have stopped Shaquiri from travelling to Serbia for the Champions league game this week because of his background and heritage.

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Just one other thing when you slate me for living in France. You say you are in HMP Slade which is a fictitious place that does not even exist. Do we then conclude that everything about you is just a story of fantasy and lacks any realistic insight to life. I suggest you just **** right off sunshine !! 

I think Slade was the prison that Ronnie Barker (Fletch) was in in Porridge

5 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Because people should wear the Poppy, I can't stand the fact that what the heroes of war can get forgotten so quickly, sadly its just the shithole society with live in.. NO ******* respect!!

So quickly? It's 100 years since WWI finished and 73 years since WWII did.

No one is alive who fought in the first and less than half a percent of Britain's 13m pensioners served in the last one.

I'm all for remembering the people and the stories - and most importantly the lessons - of those conflicts.

But to say you can't do that unless you wear a paper flower for a week is nonsense. This isn't North Korea. We do get a choice of what to do here. If we didn't, then what was the point of all that sacrifice?

It’s a personal choice and should come free from judgement or condemnation, be it wearing one or choosing not to like McLean or Matic. McLean was spot on to call out the cavemen that continue to insult him.

I, for one, am shocked bs4 on tour has opened up his favourites tab to post the same Celtic videos he brings up every year ;)

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

Agreed I think he's anti English. He should go and play for celtic with his views

For personal reasons I choose not to wear a poppy. 

But really gets me angry is how the clergy of Christendom jumps on the remembrance bandwagon. That bunch of scumbags encounraged young men in their tens of thousands to get involved in mass slaughter. 

Shame on them!

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Lets get one thing very straight Pal. The fact that I live in France means sweet **** all to your argument. The fact that I spend 10 days of every 14 working in London and living in my London apartment means nothing other than you are making assumptions that are so far off beam that you are embarrassing yourself with your own stupidity due to the fact that you do not know me or my circumstances. How dare you tell me how I should respect my family members who fought and lost their lives for England. My family members lost their lives to give us ALL freedom to live and most of all freedom of speech. I have not said you cannot have an opinion but conversely have said others ARE entitled to theirs. That includes idiots like you who are up on their rocking horse sprouting crap they do not understand. I suggest you go away and give some thought to the hypocritical vitriol you are sprouting. You Sir are an idiot of the first order.

The POINT i'm making about you 'living in France ' is THAT country more than most others has been the scene of a lot of European carnage and knows the value of freedom. I would imagine the armistice is remembered by large numbers of your neighbors ? I was NOT having a side swipe at your credibility to have a point of view on this topic because of the fact you lived abroad , and even less a dig at the way you  respect  your family members! Then again i'm an idiot spouting ' hypocritical vitriol ' am i not ? I probably wasn't clear enough due to the fact i'm suffering from altitude sickness. up here on this 'high horse' but i can assure you i do understand the concept of free speech and i value the ability of everyone to exercise it .Happy now ?

5 hours ago, Super said:

Why on earth are footballers and other people getting slated for not wearing one? Surely it's a personal choice or am I wrong?

I almost thought this would be the year we move past this.

Obviously not.

Please feel free to visit the relevant thread from last year and the year before and the year before.....

58 minutes ago, Crisis what Crisis ? said:

The POINT i'm making about you 'living in France ' is THAT country more than most others has been the scene of a lot of European carnage and knows the value of freedom. I would imagine the armistice is remembered by large numbers of your neighbors ? I was NOT having a side swipe at your credibility to have a point of view on this topic because of the fact you lived abroad , and even less a dig at the way you  respect  your family members! Then again i'm an idiot spouting ' hypocritical vitriol ' am i not ? I probably wasn't clear enough due to the fact i'm suffering from altitude sickness. up here on this 'high horse' but i can assure you i do understand the concept of free speech and i value the ability of everyone to exercise it .Happy now ?

Happy at what exactly ?

The bizarre and very strange way you have of putting you point across ?

For example in your words:

...the irony of you living in FRANCE ( ?? ) of all places and taking this ' i'll wear it if i choose ' attitude is priceless !

Yes, France has had its share during the wars but your point is what with regards to me living here ? I would suggest that you look at what you write before posting because as it is at the moment you are talking complete and utter shite without knowing the facts. Further the fact that you criticise someone for their location when yours is one of fantasy is that of a complete and utter tool with no comprehension of the real world. . Go away and grow the **** up !!!

If you can't add some intelligence to a discussion then best just keep your uninformed gob well and truly shut !!

Please also tell me how old you are. Something tells me not very !!

Run along Son.

Archived