IGNORED

what style is our football this season

where's the joy

Last year was all about the high press, one touch interplay, pass and go; we were exciting, sometimes inspired and definitely playing a good 'brand' of football.

In the league since the wolves at home game which we lost in the 93rd minute at the end of the last calendar year i have no idea what we stand for. We haven't been inspired by any January signings and have no reason to expect any better new faces this coming January either.

meantime LJ has been doing the 3 substitute trick in pretty much every game and many of us are baffled by the reasoning and the effect.

we are currently uninspiring, and lack pace and touch in key areas. How for instance can O'Dowda be so well respected for his country but never given the right position on the pitch at his club and be misfiring as a result. How can Patterson get on the pitch at any time?

i know we are stuck with LJ but for goodness sake please give us some sense of purpose and a style to match your supposed excellence as a coach. 

14 hours ago, where's the joy said:

Last year was all about the high press, one touch interplay, pass and go; we were exciting, sometimes inspired and definitely playing a good 'brand' of football.

In the league since the wolves at home game which we lost in the 93rd minute at the end of the last calendar year i have no idea what we stand for. We haven't been inspired by any January signings and have no reason to expect any better new faces this coming January either.

meantime LJ has been doing the 3 substitute trick in pretty much every game and many of us are baffled by the reasoning and the effect.

we are currently uninspiring, and lack pace and touch in key areas. How for instance can O'Dowda be so well respected for his country but never given the right position on the pitch at his club and be misfiring as a result. How can Patterson get on the pitch at any time?

i know we are stuck with LJ but for goodness sake please give us some sense of purpose and a style to match your supposed excellence as a coach. 

Last season was high pressing, this season it's highly depressing

14 hours ago, where's the joy said:

Apt username

What i cannot grasp is.............we  have half a Premier League defence in Kalas and Da Silva, and in Webster one of the best young defenders in the Championship? Not to mention Kelly. So how are we losing so many games, and conceding 3 to the likes of Reading?  Is it poor formations and tactics, a lack of a regular goalscrer or too much tinkering?.  With our defence we should not have lost 6 games..............a[though the fact Kalas was injured, plus 2 missing keepers has not helped.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

What i cannot grasp is.............we  have half a Premier League defence in Kalas and Da Silva, and in Webster one of the best young defenders in the Championship? Not to mention Kelly. So how are we losing so many games, and conceding 3 to the likes of Reading?  Is it poor formations and tactics, a lack of a regular goalscrer or too much tinkering?.  With our defence we should not have lost 6 games..............a[though the fact Kalas was injured, plus 2 missing keepers has not helped.

Answer: The coaching and man management

Same old City

7 hours ago, frenchred said:

Confused and muddled

That just about sums it up. So confused that even the players can't get their heads around it.

The best teams have their own style and tactics, the players get used to playing that way and they let the opposition worry about them rather than the other way around.

Time for the 451, 541 or 361 formation and let Andi Weimann either play as the 1 on his own or as a false no. 9.  Stick with it and get the players used to the system.

On 06/11/2018 at 23:24, where's the joy said:

We seem to try and beat whoever we are playing in the way they play its not working

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 23:24, where's the joy said:

In the league since the wolves at home game which we lost in the 93rd minute at the end of the last calendar year i have no idea what we stand for

Its only really a few months of high press and pass and go. Not a year or season. Months! 

I don't get what City stand for either.

Archived