IGNORED

Frank Lampard's Sheffield derby

Owl Visiting

27 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

We've been poor recently but they've gone way over the top. Hinchcliffe spent most of his time injured with us so don't think he has particularly fond memories of the club. Michael Brown has always been one of the biggest tits in football.

The absolute dictionary definition of the term 'talentless shithouse clogger', him.

On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 19:40, 1960maaan said:

I hate SheffU , our coach got turned away at the turnstiles 2nd leg of the Promotion/relegation playoff #ImightforgiveIdon'tforget.

Hope you batter them silly.

Yeah bastards!! Was a great day before that, we mustve been about 2 yards away from the turnstiles!! Pretty lively in Coventry 

after!

Good luck @Owl Visiting! I don't as a rule like teams in blue but every time I've been to Sheffield the Wednesday fans outclass the United fans consistently. Nicer part of the town too. Had an absolutely cracking time for the FA Cup tie in the late nineties. 

@Malago the correct description of Chris Wilder is a 'pound shop Neil Warnock'. The whole tantrum about the sending off last season after their player tried to remove Korey's leg, was typical of that one eyed loud blustering righteous indignation that Colin has made a career out of.

15 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I get that Wilder totally ripped off Cotterill´s league one tactic of attacking wide CBs but surely teams in this league should just play two high wingers to totally stop that?

Were it that simple, it would have been done and rendered the tactic worthless.

Their tactics are similar, but not entirely- last year when they had Brooks they sort of played a 3-5-1-1, now it's a 3-4-1-2 and a 3-5-2. All small variations, yet subtle ones all the same. You can really overload teams and boss the ball with such a shape- particularly when players are capable of stepping up into midfielders as centre backs which they can. Also can't agree with your post on another thread that their side on paper is piss poor, think it's a bit better than that tbh- especially in their unusual yet excellent tactical shape.

Great save from the pen and justice was done as it was a very soft pen to concede. I too have a soft spot for Sheff Wed, they were the opponents in my first ever City match in 1970 (Wednesday went 2-0 up and City got a late goal to make the last few mins a bit more interesting. Wednesday are also the last team I seen at the Gate a few weeks ago...exact same result and goal sequence!!!

The only thing I don't like about Wednesday is the seats in the very back row of the top tier in the away end. Was seated there in cup match under Pulis in 1999 that Wednesday won 1-0 under Danny Wilson. Jeez, that was a white knuckle experience. Took me until about the 70th minute to stand up without holding on for dear life to the structure at the back of the stand.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Were it that simple, it would have been done and rendered the tactic worthless.

Their tactics are similar, but not entirely- last year when they had Brooks they sort of played a 3-5-1-1, now it's a 3-4-1-2 and a 3-5-2. All small variations, yet subtle ones all the same. You can really overload teams and boss the ball with such a shape- particularly when players are capable of stepping up into midfielders as centre backs which they can. Also can't agree with your post on another thread that their side on paper is piss poor, think it's a bit better than that tbh- especially in their unusual yet excellent tactical shape.

Maybe piss poor is a bit of an overexageration but I dont think the comments on here would be very positive if we signed Sharp or McGoldrick for example.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Maybe piss poor is a bit of an overexageration but I dont think the comments on here would be very positive if we signed Sharp or McGoldrick for example.

I think Sharp I agree, McGoldrick maybe maybe not- yes I know he missed a penalty tonight, or should I say it was an excellent save but he can link the play quite well, he's decent technically and yeah he provides goals as well as assists. Thought it a fairly good free transfer for them tbh.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think Sharp I agree, McGoldrick maybe maybe not- yes I know he missed a penalty tonight, or should I say it was an excellent save but he can link the play quite well, he's decent technically and yeah he provides goals as well as assists. Thought it a fairly good free transfer for them tbh.

Let's be honest, he's crap but currently more potent than any of our forwards.

Archived