IGNORED

Frank Lampard's Sheffield derby

Owl Visiting

3 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

8 bookings for Bannan already this season.

Naughty boy.

Regardless of what happens tonight SW have a future. SU a very old side and I am not sure they will be very good after this season. You lot are much younger and if you can sort out finances then I reckon the next 10 season could be brighter for you if SU don’t get promoted. That said I really dislike them lot so may be biased. 

The old saying, if this were a boxing match the ref would be considering stopping this! As it just so happens it’s a football game and Wednesday hanging in there.

@Owl Visiting given Wednesday’s flirting with promotion a few times over the last 5 years or so, not quite making it and now being mediocre at best, what do you honestly think of Sheffield Utds success over the last couple of seasons? Is it a case of fair play to them after their stint in league one?

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

The old saying, if this were a boxing match the ref would be considering stopping this! As it just so happens it’s a football game and Wednesday hanging in there.

@Owl Visiting given Wednesday’s flirting with promotion a few times over the last 5 years or so, not quite making it and now being mediocre at best, what do you honestly think of Sheffield Utds success over the last couple of seasons? Is it a case of fair play to them after their stint in league one?

You can't see anything else really. Wilder has done an excellent job with them unfortunately. We over spent on our attackers and didn't sort out the defence. Paying for it now.

2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

You can't see anything else really. Wilder has done an excellent job with them unfortunately. We over spent on our attackers and didn't sort out the defence. Paying for it now.

Do you need a right back?

Also, what happened to players like Forestieri? Turned down big money for him in the past which doesn’t feel that long ago but seem to here little of him recently 

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Do you need a right back?

Also, what happened to players like Forestieri? Turned down big money for him in the past which doesn’t feel that long ago but seem to here little of him recently 

On his way back from injury, although he may have been cast out like Westwood, Hutchinson, Jones, Abdi and Boyd. All fit apparently yet never make the squad. 

5 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

On his way back from injury, although he may have been cast out like Westwood, Hutchinson, Jones, Abdi and Boyd. All fit apparently yet never make the squad. 

I believe they might be out the squad because you lost about £30m over 15/16 and 16/17 and were purported to have lost £20m last season- that'd breach FFP by £10-11m and you are trying to shift them off the wage bill. Helping them towards the exit basically.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I believe they were out because you lost about £30m over 15/16 and 16/17 and were purported to have lost £20m last season- that'd breach FFP by £10-11m and you are trying to shift them off the wage bill.

That's my belief also. Most Wednesday fans seem to blame the manager though. I just don't buy that any football manager would pick a young lad in goal over Westwood.

Archived