IGNORED

Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day 17

Septic Peg

The enigma of Greg Cunningham...

Knocking up a MDT today and I'm puzzled as to what we shall discuss. Then I spot this beauty on Twitter: 

A parody account that I believe is associated with a certain OTIB member (@Olé) made me sit up and giggle.

After the whole Bristol City Twitter account being ran by toddlers saga, this was a bit of light refreshment and I thought it worthy of sharing here.

Mr Cunningham is currently winning with 82% of the vote, probably because of the sour grapes he threw at us when he moved 'oop Norf'. But why did it go the way it did? Why does he not receive a warm welcome upon his AG returns? Adomah gets a clap, Flint gets a clap, even Coley Skusey gets a clap and he's been at Ipswich for time. 

Let's delve lads and ladies...

Now before we begin, it's worth mentioning that Gregory is no longer with PNE. He did a 'Bobby Reid' and joined forces with Colin earlier this summer. Expecting his big PL shot, according to Wiki, he's played thrice. Firstly, against a loss to Norwich in the League Cup and then again in the 5-0 drubbing provided by Man City. Finally, he was also involved in the 2-1 loss to Burnley. All the other times, poor old Gregory has kept his bum warm on the Cardiff seats. Oh dear...

So anyway, young Greg joined us ages ago and was a talented defender and dressing room character. Most infamously, he was nobbled by Marlon Pack in the Head2Head quiz. The result should have been a draw (Marlon gave an incorrect answer and then corrected himself), giving him the win. Greg was not amused.

Anyway, Greg decided to ply his trade at Preston when we were in L1. Rumour has it, the contract was dissolved by mutual agreement and Greg left on a free with a year left on City contract even though most media sources say 'undisclosed'.

So, in the main part, who can blame the lad for wanting to further his career and get a few more bob? Most City fans accepted this. Until this happened...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-star-aden-flint-1312447

Blood. Fire. Young Gregory has ruffled the man mountain Aden Flint in an off ball incident, knowing Aden likes his barnet pristine. Aden blew his lid and Greg was lucky he wasn't swallowed for supper. A red card and 3 match ban later for Flinty and Greg is the latest Judas for the AG faithful. He joined an exclusive list including Colin, Ian Hollowhead, Pulis, Tomlin etc...

So now PNE is a Cunningham free zone. But this is always a scrappy game. A barrage of cards and a 2-1 loss back in March this year and I smell the same again today. 2-1 loss. Weimann to score our only goal.

Bloody northerners...

COYRS. 

7 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Knocking up a MDT today and I'm puzzled as to what we shall discuss. Then I spot this beauty on Twitter: 

A parody account that I believe is associated with a certain OTIB member (@Olé) made me sit up and giggle.

After the whole Bristol City Twitter account being ran by toddlers saga, this was a bit of light refreshment and I thought it worthy of sharing here.

Mr Cunningham is currently winning with 82% of the vote, probably because of the sour grapes he threw at us when he moved 'oop Norf'. But why did it go the way it did? Why does he not receive a warm welcome upon his AG returns? Adomah gets a clap, Flint gets a clap, even Coley Skusey gets a clap and he's been at Ipswich for time. 

Now before we begin, it's worth mentioning that Gregory is no longer with PNE. He did a 'Bobby Reid' and joined forces with Colin earlier this summer. Expecting his big PL shot, according to Wiki, he's played thrice. Firstly, against a loss to Norwich in the League Cup and then again in the 5-0 drubbing provided by Man City. Finally, he was also involved in the 2-1 loss to Burnley. All the other times, poor old Gregory has kept his bum warm on the Cardiff seats. Oh dear...

So anyway, young Greg joined us ages ago and was a talented defender and dressing room character. Most infamously, he was nobbled by Marlon Pack in the Head2Head quiz. The result should have been a draw (Marlon gave an incorrect answer and then corrected himself), giving him the win. Greg was not amused.

Anyway, Greg decided to ply his trade at Preston when we were in L1. Rumour has it, the contract was dissolved by mutual agreement and Greg left on a free with a year left on City contract even though most media sources say 'undisclosed'.

So, in the main part, who can blame the lad for wanting to further his career and get a few more bob? Most City fans accepted this. Until this happened...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-star-aden-flint-1312447

Blood. Fire. Young Gregory has ruffled the man mountain Aden Flint in an off ball incident, knowing Aden likes his barnet pristine. Aden blew his lid and Greg was lucky he wasn't swallowed for supper. A red card and 3 match ban later for Flinty and Greg is the latest Judas for the AG faithful. He joined an exclusive list including Colin, Ian Hollowhead, Pulis, Tomlin etc...

So now PNE is a Cunningham free zone. But this is always a scrappy game. A barrage of cards and a 2-1 loss back in March this year and I smell the same again today. 2-1 loss. Weimann to score our only goal.

Bloody northerners...

COYRS. 

Weimann is from Austria.

Bristol City Vs team joint second bottom, and only having won 3 games all season.

City at home, infront of 22,000.

I can see only one result ............

:whistle2:

9 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I’m going 2-2 last minute eisa equaliser with about 14000 in attendance (although the club will announce it as over 18k)

And the clubs twitter account will be as cringeworthy as ever

14,000 'my arse'.

13 minutes ago, ... said:

Bristol City Vs team joint second bottom, and only having won 3 games all season.

City at home, infront of 22,000.

I can see only one result ............

:whistle2:

14,000 'my arse'.

Awful weather, poor form and they’re our bogey team. Add to that the fact they’re bring about 600, won’t be many more than 15k in attendance if that

Whilst looking at the table would suggest their form is worse than ours, City do have an uncomfortable knack of letting poorer teams look like world beaters and against Preston we have a very poor record. I can see the Northerners heading home very happy tonight and us continuing to struggle (at the moment).

Hope I'm wrong though. 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Bloody northerners...

COYRS. 

Condensed Version 

PNE

Peg saves the day again

52 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Whilst looking at the table would suggest their form is worse than ours, City do have an uncomfortable knack of letting poorer teams look like world beaters and against Preston we have a very poor record. I can see the Northerners heading home very happy tonight and us continuing to struggle (at the moment).

Hope I'm wrong though. 

I looked and saw Preston 2wins 4 draws from last 6 games= 10points; Us 2 wins and a draw = 7pts; so their form over last 6 is better than ours ? so draw it is then.

Looking at subs today I would have started at least 6 of them

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Kelly had been out of sorts for a few games, making a few errors in each one since West Brom.

I notice Paterson was finally dropped but you didn't comment on that at all, what a surprise.

Paterson didnt start last week.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Kelly had been out of sorts for a few games, making a few errors in each one since West Brom.

I notice Paterson was finally dropped but you didn't comment on that at all, what a surprise.

But surely a better bet as the left sided centre back position than sick note, uninterested Baker..

Archived