IGNORED

Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day 17

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

But surely a better bet as the left sided centre back position than sick note, uninterested Baker..

Baker is more experienced and Preston are a side that, in the last few years, have had players using some of the 'dark arts' of football.

I like Kelly, but can understand picking Baker over him today.

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

LJ has gone for a bigger more powerful team. Not much more to it.

Compete in midfield, win the ball and get some seconds going forward. 

We give up soft possession and soft goals, this is his way of trying to stop that. I can see a red card today!

I can see lots, however I am in a card shop.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If we’d won our last 10 games and everyone was saying how well we’ve been playing recently, I’d understand criticism of a formation change. Since we haven’t, I’m willing to give it a chance.

I'm not so sure why people get so caught up on formations? The only thing set in stone is we have 3 cbs on the pitch. 

Formations are so fluid during a game, we could start as a 532 and then switch to many variations of the 352. 

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If we’d won our last 10 games and everyone was saying how well we’ve been playing recently, I’d understand criticism of a formation change. Since we haven’t, I’m willing to give it a chance.

Yep, I'd put forward going 3-5-2 beforehand, although would have had Kelly instead of baker and Taylor instead of Fammy, but at least good to see us trying to do something different. Plenty of bench options if needed.

23 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Prefer Max in goal. Think Kelly is better than Da Silva. Anyway COYR!!!

Reminds me of......

Aye, aye, aye aye

Gibson is better than Yashin,

Chris Crowe's better than Eusebio 

and Preston are in for a......................nother 3 points to help them away from the bottom of the table? :shocking:

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Especially as lately people have been criticising LJ's reluctance to stray away from 4-4-2.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Johnson picking a side to combat Preston's apparent weaknesses. Did the same all the other times we lost to them I expect, so does he even know their weaknesses? It seems like it is going to be very hard for us to ever get any momentum with such drastic changes in system and tactics every single game. I just hope one of these line ups click, and then he picks that every game. But then I felt the team really did click when we went 433 second half against Stoke. We were outstanding, and I know Stoke used up a lot of energy with their pressing first half, so were tired, as well as sitting back on their lead. But I would have thought at least keep that kind of system and team to see if it can play like that from the start of a game. Since then we have had 2 completely different teams and formations from that, and Reading didn't work, and I would be surprised if this one works today. We know Baker is likely to get injured, make a mistake or be sent off. And we know Diedhiou and Weimann don't link up well. Really hope someone highlights this post and laughs at me after thrashing them! Really doubt it though. 

2 red cards in 72 games for us, one of them when trying to make up for a mistake by Flint.

Not even had a booking this season. But yeah, a red is definitely likely... :facepalm:

Archived