IGNORED

Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day 17

Septic Peg

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

He said injured, mistake or red card.

Every player in the world, bar none will make at least one mistake in a game, so that was deliberately ignored as it's a meaningless comment.

Bakers injury record, from Transfermarkt, who are fairly reliable.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nathan-baker/verletzungen/spieler/62638

Not a single injury down under his time here.

I'm well aware he has missed a game or two down to the concussion at Brentford, but that is an enforced precaution, not him being physically unable to play.

3 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

We were major, but he has filled the squad with wingers. 3 on the bench, if you count Paterson and another 2 not in the squad. He obviously believes in playing with wingers so why change? Slippery slope i feel.

So just to be clear, you were asking for this change to be made, and now that it has been made you are complaining?

If that's right then it sums exactly what is wrong with supporters.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Danny Rose also had many shocking games for us, he didn't turn out to be such a bad player.

Not for the first time your logic totally escapes me.

But I will try, are you saying that having a loan player make less than acceptable performances is fine as long as they turn out as not such a bad player for their parent team?

35 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Johnson picking a side to combat Preston's apparent weaknesses. Did the same all the other times we lost to them I expect, so does he even know their weaknesses? It seems like it is going to be very hard for us to ever get any momentum with such drastic changes in system and tactics every single game. I just hope one of these line ups click, and then he picks that every game. But then I felt the team really did click when we went 433 second half against Stoke. We were outstanding, and I know Stoke used up a lot of energy with their pressing first half, so were tired, as well as sitting back on their lead. But I would have thought at least keep that kind of system and team to see if it can play like that from the start of a game. Since then we have had 2 completely different teams and formations from that, and Reading didn't work, and I would be surprised if this one works today. We know Baker is likely to get injured, make a mistake or be sent off. And we know Diedhiou and Weimann don't link up well. Really hope someone highlights this post and laughs at me after thrashing them! Really doubt it though. 

He'd perhaps be better piking a team to combat OUR apparent weaknesses, because we seem to be the most dangerous threat to ourselves.

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Not for the first time your logic totally escapes me.

But I will try, are you saying that having a loan player make less than acceptable performances is fine as long as they turn out as not such a bad player for their parent team?

I'm glad I give your brain a workout ?

As I was typing it I did think about what good is it for us to have a player that maybe not so good now but may be good in the future but I just wanted to make the point that like Danny Rose there could be a potentially England and top 4 side player in there somewhere.

Unfortunately when we take on these loan players we sign up to developing them.

Archived