IGNORED

Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day 17

Septic Peg

0-1 flattered us.

Dire, totally dire. No threat no pace, seemingly no desire. Not a single player to get excited about.

Preston, a hard working competent Championship side with as comfortable an away win as you will ever see. On our current form, another 28 points looks tough.

6 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

I'm basing my comment on us being poor, but there appears to be half a league of poorness (is that a word?), ergo if we are the 'average' (mean, median, etc), then on average this league is poor ("bang average" being a colloquialism, rather than an absolute fact)

I disagree with your overall assessment of the league but respect your opinion, agree we have been poor lately.

Shockingly bad... 0-1 FT, a single shot on target for City courtesy of a well hit Brownhill FK.

Fammy was abysmal, Pack awful. We looked so much better with Eliasson and Taylor on, might have been a different game had they started. Pato did nothing as per usual, waste of a sub when COD or Eisa could have been used.

Make no mistake with LJ & Holden at the helm, we are heading quickly into a relegation battle. Come home David Moyes!  

I was underwhelmed when LJ came to manage City, as most were on here, and not much has changed that apart from the dream like distraction of a cup run and I will be overwhelmed with relief when he finally leaves because in 3 seasons I honestly see nothing but regressive movement from this club.

3 million for Championship football or 100 million for the Premier League; Steve Lansdown, this is your investment but we are the fans. You simply have to act. 

And Adam Baker; please stop criticising the fans. We are the lifeblood of the club and when we see dross week in week out and we see a head coach who is lost with his meaningless transfers and tactics we know what we see. We have an absolute right to moan in whatever fashion we choose.

Lee Johnson will NOT take City to the Premier League anytime soon; if that is SL's plan then so be it but in the meantime the calls for change will continue and increase in ferocity and absolutely rightly so.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I was underwhelmed when LJ came to manage City, as most were on here, and not much has changed that apart from the dream like distraction of a cup run and I will be overwhelmed with relief when he finally leaves because in 3 seasons I honestly see nothing but regressive movement from this club.

3 million for Championship football or 100 million for the Premier League; Steve Lansdown; this is your investment but we are the fans. You simply have to act. 

And Adam Baker; please stop criticising the fans. We are the lifeblood of the club and when we see dross week in week out and we see a head coach who is lost with his meaningless transfers and tactics we know what we see. We have an absolute right to moan in whatever fashion we choose.

Lee Johnson will NOT take City to the Premier League anytime soon; if that is SL's plan then so be it but in the meantime the calls for change will continue and increase in ferocity and absolutely rightly so.

Well said Havan,  I absolutely agree with every word you have written, get this man out as soon as possible.

3 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Whilst looking at the table would suggest their form is worse than ours, City do have an uncomfortable knack of letting poorer teams look like world beaters and against Preston we have a very poor record. I can see the Northerners heading home very happy tonight and us continuing to struggle (at the moment).

Hope I'm wrong though. 

Gutted my prediction was right. Oh well, on to the next. 

We seem to be in that familiar phase where other clubs would give their right arm to play is and pick up free points. 

Hopefully something changes soon.

Time for a serving of home truths for LJ excuse club.

This team looks the image of LJ as a player totally and utterly half hearted not prepared to get stuck in, yet again we lost because one team put the effort in and wanted it far more than we did and actually had a game plan and we had 14 players who were the worst 14 players on the field.

I will start with Pack i'm sorry but he has the look of a player who somehow believes that he is far better than he actually is and at the moment he is shit.

Diedhiou is hiding.

Paterson is a total and utter waste of space, but LJ brings him on in a game where we need 11 fighters as an impact sub, you couldn't make it up.

We look like relegation fodder, a rudderless ship and the players look utterly pissed off and bewildered, I know SL won't sack him but once more I am sorry he has had long enough and yet again has proved that he is not a manager who can deliver consistency.

That was absolutely shockingly embarrassing, those 14 players and LJ should donate this weeks salary to the poppy appeal, a generation of people who actually gave a shit.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

This team looks the image of LJ as a player totally and utterly half hearted not prepared to get stuck in, yet again we lost because one team put the effort in and wanted it far more than we did and actually had a game plan and we had 14 players who were the worst 14 players on the field.

I will start with Pack i'm sorry but he has the look of a player who somehow believes that he is far better than he actually is and at the moment he is shit.

Diedhiou is hiding.

Paterson is a total and utter waste of space, but LJ brings him on in a game where we need 11 fighters as an impact sub, you couldn't make it up.

We look like relegation fodder, a rudderless ship and the players look utterly pissed off and bewildered, I know SL won't sack him but once more I am sorry he has had long enough and yet again has proved that he is not a manager who can deliver consistency.

That was absolutely shockingly embarrassing, those 14 players and LJ should donate this weeks salary to the poppy appeal, a generation of people who actually gave a shit.

Spot on.............now over to you Steve ??? I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This tipped the balance for me today. It was borderline but Johnson has my support. Today was an inexcusable mess against below average opposition. I don’t see any sort of progression or coherent plan so for me, I think it’s time to look for someone else.

At long last!!!!!!!!

We just can't score goals anymore!

Why not? Because the midfield has a total lack of imagination and creativity. Mediocre opposition teams feel totally safe from damage and we give them confidence to play better than they really are.

We are beaten by poor teams far too often. Fixture list has been kind to us recently. God help us when we next have to play a good side again.

Threes losses in a row against teams who were/are flirting with the relegation zone: this says it all about this team's huge difficulties and the most probable outcome (relegation battle).  ?

I don't know how much responsability the team has, and how much it's Johnson's fault...but the situation is really worrying.

22 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Diedhiou is hiding.

I remember hearing a radio interview in September, talk of the city maybe where Johnson was heaping praise on Pack saying he could play in the Prem etc. Since then he's been awful. 

I've always thought he would be too slow for this division when we got promoted. Even then some teams would glide through our midfield 

10 minutes ago, Squire Dastardly said:

We just can't score goals anymore!

Why not? Because the midfield has a total lack of imagination and creativity. Mediocre opposition teams feel totally safe from damage and we give them confidence to play better than they really are.

We are beaten by poor teams far too often. Fixture list has been kind to us recently. God help us when we next have to play a good side again.

I have been saying that for 3 years but hey LJ knows best.

I can't wait for the first it's not LJ's fault it's the players bollox, he ******* well signed them, picked the side and it's formation, presumably formulated our game plan (if we actually had one) and made the substitutions.

I also cannot wait for his post match bullshit.

Archived