Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day 17

17 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

I've never been less enthused to go to Bristol City in my life than I am watching these bland amateurs. About as much personality as beige wallpaper

The Stoke game was actually very entertaining despite the disappointing result

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Feel for Weimann and Hunt. Hunt isolated on the right and no options. Weimann might as well be playing where Pack is. The only one trying to get on the ball. Has Walsh too far forward. Getting crosses into Fam but no one else a threat. Push Pack and Brownhill forward if you want to do that. Fam trying but not coming off. Just been absolute rubbish from them. Really disappointed in Pack and Brownhill today. Worst by a large margin imo. 

To be fair to everyone they look lost. Like this formation was told to them an hour before kickoff. Idk how we change this today. Preston much more energy and actually have pace on the pitch. Everyone seen this coming though. This is going to be a long international break

Exactly but I fear that WAS the game plan.... Hunt receives it out wide then delivers a cross to Diedhiou, if your going 5 at the back and essentially having wing backs surely you'd use that to try and create an overload on the wings and use runners to support them on the sides and get in behind them? Instead we try to cross from way outside the penalty box , in front of them, having their defenders facing away from goal, might as well give the Preston defenders some sunbeds and make it really comfortable for them.

Need a big turn around this half! Lets hope it happens.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

I did say they are 100% accurate and wasn't claiming he was never injured.

I was making a point of how OTT the post I initially responded to was. Saying it was "very likely" Baker would be injured or sent off.

Edited by JamesBCFC

15 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

It is all so sad and so predictable. 

All the money spent, all the players signed, all the hype, and this is the result?

Some never listen.....so predictable... he talks a lot about nothing and blames anyone but himself

22 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

No not at all, I am saying that he has gone away from what he believes in.

That’s the trouble with him. I’m not sure he knows what he believes in. One defeat and he changes everything then again and again. If I played for him I’d have no confidence in him. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

I've never been less enthused to go to Bristol City in my life than I am watching these bland amateurs. About as much personality as beige wallpaper

Wood chip I hope.

14 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Are we back on one of LJ's snakes - and how low will it go this time? All getting a bit predictable and depressing.

Apart from 4 on the trot City's run has not really had a break since the end of 2017. 

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Controversial subs. Fans singing you don't know what your doing 

That is rather telling.

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

That’s the trouble with him. I’m not sure he knows what he believes in. One defeat and he changes everything then again and again. If I played for him I’d have no confidence in him. 

The way they are playing, I don't think they do.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bristol is red said:

Last season we had a defined way of playing and you could see there was a game plan. This season I've no idea what he's trying to do other than making ample use of his tombola machine.

You need to talk to @Up The City! because Johnson is still working on his formation and system and these things take time !

8 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Are u referring to the P45 he will be picking up lf things don't improve?

He won't get sacked, January transfer window will be another mess up wasting money on players in positions we don't need. Then we'll go on a little run to pull away from the drop zone and he'll have summer to bring in more of "his players" and we go again 

1 minute ago, paul_fox said:

He won't get sacked, January transfer window will be another mess up wasting money on players in positions we don't need. Then we'll go on a little run to pull away from the drop zone and he'll have summer to bring in more of "his players" and we go again 

How *ucking depressing...but can see that happening

2 minutes ago, daored said:

You need to talk to @Up The City! because Johnson is still working on his formation and system and these things take time !

Oh no, even I don't know what he's doing anymore. I thought he had a plan and system in place but I'm struggling to see what that is now.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

How *ucking depressing...but can see that happening

same old, same old mate Steve needs to bite the bullet and bring in a talented exp manager.....now....whatever happens today.

I've made my choice last season not to go again until one  or two things change,but I am in the pub with 3 season ticket holders who's all ready had enough this season .this I find worrying

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Famara Dirediou once again

Wiemann has been terrible but for some reason gets away with it.

• Like 1

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Cynically, makes you wonder if League 1 was the plan all along

If SL thinks for one minute and decides to change the plan and manager, then we may have our City back, otherwise down with the gas we go

Disappointed to hear the two commentators criticising paying fans sarcastically cheering Fammy off the pitch; they have an absolute right to. City are playing some really awful football, the manager has had millions to spend, brought in 40+ players and the club are making no visible forward progress; not in my book. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

If SL thinks for one minute and decides to change the plan and manager, then we may have our City back, otherwise down with the gas we go

He wants the Bristol derby back again.