Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day 17

1 minute ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Maybe but in a bang average league, there's some absolute dross below us. Hardly something to rely on, but maybe significant.

The only problem with that,  is that we are absolute dross as well.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Justify the "bang average" claim.

Well there's some famous names below us (Wednesday, Ipswich, PNE, Stoke, etc) who;s fans would probably would expect more.

5 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Maybe but in a bang average league, there's some absolute dross below us. Hardly something to rely on, but maybe significant.

Problem is why aren't beating that dross 

1 minute ago, tts_city said:

what a ******* nause, you are  its a match thread not a me me ******* me thread.

I'm asking the reason to claim the league is bang average because I disagree.

That's literally all I was doing there, no need for any abuse.

2 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Well there's some famous names below us (Wednesday, Ipswich, PNE, Stoke, etc) who;s fans would probably would expect more.

Thank you for responding.

I disagree that the league is bang average, if anything, the fact that 'big' clubs aren't doing great suggests the opposite and there are lot's of clubs who are able to compete.

The fact there isn't a runaway couple of sides at the top would suggest the league as a whole is stronger.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I disagree that the league is bang average, if anything, the fact that 'big' clubs aren't doing great suggests the opposite and there are lot's of clubs who are able to compete.

The fact there isn't a runaway couple of sides at the top would suggest the league as a whole is stronger.

Big teams doesnt mean good teams

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Fair play to Preston. 

Every trick in the book now being deployed. 

Very street smart

They did it last season 

And the season before that....

....LJ never learns 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Girls,

Take your tiff somewhere else. You both are more boring than the match

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oggysouthwest said:

Johnson wont  get  sacked,  remember  he  broke  citys  most  defeats  record,  never  got  sacked  then

He's perhaps trying to break that record .

It is seriously wrong at the club. 

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm basing my comment on us being poor, but there appears to be half a league of poorness (is that a word?), ergo if we are the 'average' (mean, median, etc), then on average this league is poor ("bang average" being a colloquialism, rather than an absolute fact)

9 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Christmas 2025?

It will be the home loss to forest green rovers that will seal his fate. 

Edited by fishy
  • Haha 1

0-1 flattered us.

Dire, totally dire. No threat no pace, seemingly no desire. Not a single player to get excited about.

Preston, a hard working competent Championship side with as comfortable an away win as you will ever see. On our current form, another 28 points looks tough.

6 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

I'm basing my comment on us being poor, but there appears to be half a league of poorness (is that a word?), ergo if we are the 'average' (mean, median, etc), then on average this league is poor ("bang average" being a colloquialism, rather than an absolute fact)

I disagree with your overall assessment of the league but respect your opinion, agree we have been poor lately.

Edited by JamesBCFC

8 minutes ago, Kevin Brady said:

Girls,

Take your tiff somewhere else. You both are more boring than the match

Not having a tiff with anyone.

This is a forum where people can debate.

I asked someone to explain their opinion because I disagreed, someone else jumped in with some name calling.

Shockingly bad... 0-1 FT, a single shot on target for City courtesy of a well hit Brownhill FK.

Fammy was abysmal, Pack awful. We looked so much better with Eliasson and Taylor on, might have been a different game had they started. Pato did nothing as per usual, waste of a sub when COD or Eisa could have been used.

Make no mistake with LJ & Holden at the helm, we are heading quickly into a relegation battle. Come home David Moyes!  

• Like 3

I was underwhelmed when LJ came to manage City, as most were on here, and not much has changed that apart from the dream like distraction of a cup run and I will be overwhelmed with relief when he finally leaves because in 3 seasons I honestly see nothing but regressive movement from this club.

3 million for Championship football or 100 million for the Premier League; Steve Lansdown, this is your investment but we are the fans. You simply have to act. 

And Adam Baker; please stop criticising the fans. We are the lifeblood of the club and when we see dross week in week out and we see a head coach who is lost with his meaningless transfers and tactics we know what we see. We have an absolute right to moan in whatever fashion we choose.

Lee Johnson will NOT take City to the Premier League anytime soon; if that is SL's plan then so be it but in the meantime the calls for change will continue and increase in ferocity and absolutely rightly so.

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Now that was shite!

Anyone still think we're too good to go down?

****** rubbish City.

If he calls that progress, he can do one.

Absolute garbage, again.

JOHNSON OUT!

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I was underwhelmed when LJ came to manage City, as most were on here, and not much has changed that apart from the dream like distraction of a cup run and I will be overwhelmed with relief when he finally leaves because in 3 seasons I honestly see nothing but regressive movement from this club.

3 million for Championship football or 100 million for the Premier League; Steve Lansdown; this is your investment but we are the fans. You simply have to act. 

And Adam Baker; please stop criticising the fans. We are the lifeblood of the club and when we see dross week in week out and we see a head coach who is lost with his meaningless transfers and tactics we know what we see. We have an absolute right to moan in whatever fashion we choose.

Lee Johnson will NOT take City to the Premier League anytime soon; if that is SL's plan then so be it but in the meantime the calls for change will continue and increase in ferocity and absolutely rightly so.

Well said Havan,  I absolutely agree with every word you have written, get this man out as soon as possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Whilst looking at the table would suggest their form is worse than ours, City do have an uncomfortable knack of letting poorer teams look like world beaters and against Preston we have a very poor record. I can see the Northerners heading home very happy tonight and us continuing to struggle (at the moment).

Hope I'm wrong though. 

Gutted my prediction was right. Oh well, on to the next. 

We seem to be in that familiar phase where other clubs would give their right arm to play is and pick up free points. 

Hopefully something changes soon.