Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day 17

Time for a serving of home truths for LJ excuse club.

This team looks the image of LJ as a player totally and utterly half hearted not prepared to get stuck in, yet again we lost because one team put the effort in and wanted it far more than we did and actually had a game plan and we had 14 players who were the worst 14 players on the field.

I will start with Pack i'm sorry but he has the look of a player who somehow believes that he is far better than he actually is and at the moment he is shit.

Diedhiou is hiding.

Paterson is a total and utter waste of space, but LJ brings him on in a game where we need 11 fighters as an impact sub, you couldn't make it up.

We look like relegation fodder, a rudderless ship and the players look utterly pissed off and bewildered, I know SL won't sack him but once more I am sorry he has had long enough and yet again has proved that he is not a manager who can deliver consistency.

That was absolutely shockingly embarrassing, those 14 players and LJ should donate this weeks salary to the poppy appeal, a generation of people who actually gave a shit.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

This team looks the image of LJ as a player totally and utterly half hearted not prepared to get stuck in, yet again we lost because one team put the effort in and wanted it far more than we did and actually had a game plan and we had 14 players who were the worst 14 players on the field.

I will start with Pack i'm sorry but he has the look of a player who somehow believes that he is far better than he actually is and at the moment he is shit.

Diedhiou is hiding.

Paterson is a total and utter waste of space, but LJ brings him on in a game where we need 11 fighters as an impact sub, you couldn't make it up.

We look like relegation fodder, a rudderless ship and the players look utterly pissed off and bewildered, I know SL won't sack him but once more I am sorry he has had long enough and yet again has proved that he is not a manager who can deliver consistency.

That was absolutely shockingly embarrassing, those 14 players and LJ should donate this weeks salary to the poppy appeal, a generation of people who actually gave a shit.

Spot on.............now over to you Steve ??? I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!

This tipped the balance for me today. It was borderline but Johnson had my support. Today was an inexcusable mess against below average opposition. I don’t see any sort of progression or coherent plan so for me, I think it’s time to look for someone else.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This tipped the balance for me today. It was borderline but Johnson has my support. Today was an inexcusable mess against below average opposition. I don’t see any sort of progression or coherent plan so for me, I think it’s time to look for someone else.

At long last!!!!!!!!

We just can't score goals anymore!

Why not? Because the midfield has a total lack of imagination and creativity. Mediocre opposition teams feel totally safe from damage and we give them confidence to play better than they really are.

We are beaten by poor teams far too often. Fixture list has been kind to us recently. God help us when we next have to play a good side again.

• Like 2

Threes losses in a row against teams who were/are flirting with the relegation zone: this says it all about this team's huge difficulties and the most probable outcome (relegation battle).  🙄

I don't know how much responsability the team has, and how much it's Johnson's fault...but the situation is really worrying.

Edited by Dan Robin

22 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Diedhiou is hiding.

I remember hearing a radio interview in September, talk of the city maybe where Johnson was heaping praise on Pack saying he could play in the Prem etc. Since then he's been awful. 

I've always thought he would be too slow for this division when we got promoted. Even then some teams would glide through our midfield 

10 minutes ago, Squire Dastardly said:

We just can't score goals anymore!

Why not? Because the midfield has a total lack of imagination and creativity. Mediocre opposition teams feel totally safe from damage and we give them confidence to play better than they really are.

We are beaten by poor teams far too often. Fixture list has been kind to us recently. God help us when we next have to play a good side again.

I have been saying that for 3 years but hey LJ knows best.

I can't wait for the first it's not LJ's fault it's the players bollox, he ******* well signed them, picked the side and it's formation, presumably formulated our game plan (if we actually had one) and made the substitutions.

I also cannot wait for his post match bullshit.

• Like 1

The only player to come out of that game with credit is Matty Taylor. On 89' he ran back from the oppositions half and made a sliding tackle 25 yards from our goal on the near touch line. Hunt just stood and watched. WTF? 

So many poor performances today. Truly rubbish.

• Like 3

In 2016, a crack football manager was sacked by a football club for a crime he didn't commit. He promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Sunderland underground. Today, still wanted by the masses, he survives as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find him... maybe you can hire... David Moyes.

• Haha 1